The Fast and the Furious: Hobbs and Shaw

This just went from "I'll see it" to "I'm actually excited for this now". I wonder if they'll bring Elba's character into the F&F movies should he survive this one.
It would be nice if he wasn't a one-shot villain. Could have him skip the next F&F film, only to turn up again in the one after that and have either Shaw or Hobbs (assuming they're involved) say something along the lines of "not this jackass again"...

I wonder if they will eventually change the name. Shaw & Hobbs just sounds dumb.

Vin Diesel looking from a far, while Michelle Rodriguezz ignores him.

He whispers...''Family''

I wonder if they will eventually change the name. Shaw & Hobbs just sounds dumb.

The title of this thread is a mistake. The movie is actually called Hobbs and Shaw, which sounds much better. :o

Nah they should stick with Shaw and Hobbs. Have them pose like Calvin & Hobbes for the poster... it'll make millions.

It would be nice if he wasn't a one-shot villain. Could have him skip the next F&F film, only to turn up again in the one after that and have either Shaw or Hobbs (assuming they're involved) say something along the lines of "not this jackass again"...

They could have theron and Elba working together. They had some chemistry in Prometheus

roJBlXe.gif

Great choice.

Nah they should stick with Shaw and Hobbs. Have them pose like Calvin & Hobbes for the poster... it'll make millions.

Well I had to google it. judging by the publication dates it might get a chuckle from someone in his 30s or 40s. And Dwayne Johnson is in that group. Along his long service as a wrestler allows him to be seen losing occasionally which separates him from some action stars of the past

Considering how these movies started out, it's really amazing that this series is able to rope in the likes of Charlize, Helen Mirren, and Idris Elba now.

Let's hope his character's name is better than Cipher.

Considering how these movies started out, it's really amazing that this series is able to rope in the likes of Charlize, Helen Mirren, and Idris Elba now.

It really is, but they clearly like paychecks and they've also all done worse. Mirren was in the Arthur remake with Russell Brand, Theron was in Aeon Flux, and Elba was in The Dark Tower. The F&F franchise (or rather, the franchise from the fifth movie onward) is a big step up from those.

This is Idris Elba's first villain role since The Losers.
Helen Mirren did both RED sequels.
Charlize came from *checks filmography*..."humble beginnings"... :crso:

It really is, but they clearly like paychecks and they've also all done worse. Mirren was in the Arthur remake with Russell Brand, Theron was in Aeon Flux, and Elba was in The Dark Tower. The F&F franchise (or rather, the franchise from the fifth movie onward) is a big step up from those.

That's what I'm saying. The more recent entries, absolutely. But those first movies...

tumblr_ofnsewhhOz1si3gq6o1_540.gif

The first movie is fine. Nothing special but not terrible. But 2-4?

giphy.gif

The first movie was dumb as hell. So was the second, but I actually liked the chemistry there with Walker and Tyrese.

4 was what "5" seems to be for everyone else

The first film feels like an indie film now. lol

Very minimal cgi and real stunt driving for the most part. Now we have Diesel going through brick walls and flying off cars. lawd.

The first film feels like an indie film now. lol

Very minimal cgi and real stunt driving for the most part. Now we have Diesel going through brick walls and flying off cars. lawd.

Yeah, as much as I prefer the more recent entries, it is funny that it all started with a bunch of kids ripping off trucks, while now it's all averting nuclear arms races and The Rock/Statham parkouring around a prison like they're on the inside of a goddamn pinball machine.

Yaaaaas he and Charlize should team up to take over the world

The first movie was dumb as hell. So was the second, but I actually liked the chemistry there with Walker and Tyrese.

Come'on give some credit to screen-writer David Ayer.

The first Fast and The Furious was fine even though it was just a remake of Point Break with cars.

I can't remember a thing about 2 Fast 2 Furious. It is probably the least memorable movie in the franchise.
Vin Diesel looking from a far, while Michelle Rodriguezz ignores him.

He whispers...''Family''

Diesel sips from a Corona, Hobbs quints, Ramsey looks confused and out of her depth, Roman says something dumb and Tej roasts him for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"