The Flash The Flash Season 4 Episode 7-"Therefore I Am"

Yeah, I was disappointed when they brought Ralph on. I was so happy when Wally left, cause it gave more room for Flash, but right when they did it, they brought Ralph on, and the show turned into Slapstick Hour. Now I rather have Wally back, if it means Ralph can go.

I am five minutes in to the episode, Yo who the f*** is Iris to give orders around in the team. What is going on?

Thought this was one of the best Flash episodes in a really long time.

stuff with thinker good.and i even liked barry being proactive but again iris crap from writers and everyone doudting barry.

I've liked the comedy this season, but this was a "getting down to business" episode, and it worked splendidly. Devoe is far more interesting than Zoom or Savitar as this episode proved.

Also, I laughed hard at Barry talking about his "Spidey Sense" and Wally making a reference to Starro.

Ralph really needs to go. I'm not sure what they're going for by adding him to the already-stacked team.
Life. Ralph is giving the show life. He's different from the rest of the team, he injects a new dynamic with everyone he interacts with. I love all his scenes with Barry, and I can see why he replaced Wally. Let's be honest, people want Wally as Flash, not Kid Flash. So, no, Ralph really needs to stay.

I really liked Ralph's first ep, but after that, he's been grating, imo.

I am five minutes in to the episode, Yo who the f*** is Iris to give orders around in the team. What is going on?

I think it's funnier that Iris doesn't even trust Barry, let alone give him benefit of the doubt a few episodes after she was asking Barry to trust her. Wasn't trust a 2 way street?:whatever:

I think it's funnier that Iris doesn't even trust Barry, let alone give him benefit of the doubt a few episodes after she was asking Barry to trust her. Wasn't trust a 2 way street?:whatever:

I can completely understand Team Flash's POV. Barry, who was going through some kind of speed force induced psychotic episode not long ago, suddenly asserts that he's being stalked by an elderly, frail, wheel-chair bound man. That wouldn't to easy to digest, even from a soon-to-be spouse.

In this episode Barry asks Devoe where was he 4 years ago on January 7, why? I thought the particle accelerator explosion was on December 11th

The good parts:
The episode started well, showing Barry doing some investigative work, with the general feeling (my take on this) that he could still be a hero, outside the Flash suit/in his daily job.

The DeVoe's seem like a normal loving couple still supporting each other, albeit with high-intelligence, criminal/shady activities/goals and a dying-meta-husband.

The bad parts?
Barry Allen forgot to put on a mask/protective gear while investigating/breaking-and-entering a suspected (meta?) villain's/criminal's/foe's premises yet wears gloves, a hoodie and dark clothing? Highly unlikely.

The team seemed too forced to be dismissive of Barry's suspicions. The circumstances/clues should at least get them to pay more attention to the guy/couple that somehow gives an approximately accurate number of suspects/DeVoes at-the-top-of-the-head, has a fascination with samurai, describes Mina Chaytan as animate (like her powers), complains about harassment by being questioned twice, lives in Central City during the Particle Accelerator Incident and no house-alarms (she did'nt key-in any codes coming in) yet has one camera (based on the fact they only brought one photo) that is somehow angled to show Barry's face in that particular position.

The Worst Parts:
Iris' "we-are-the-Flash" comes back. :facepalm:

I'm getting fed up of this "we are Flash" stuff. It's completely cringe-worthy.

If Iris went off to star in a series with Felicity, would they say "we are Iris" or "we are Felicity"?

One day we'll get the following:

Groot: "I am Groot!"

Iris: "No, Groot. We are Groot!"

Rocket: "He just said that he smells like he hasn't taken a bath in months. So we... "

Yes he "We are the Flash" line needs to stop. Once was enough and it was bad do they really think we want to hear it. Maybe the Tumblr people that CW loves so much want it, they seem to cater to that.

The only ones that have the right to say "We are..." are the Legend of Tomorrow team. And even they are humble enough about it that they seldom say it.

Yes he "We are the Flash" line needs to stop. Once was enough and it was bad do they really think we want to hear it. Maybe the Tumblr people that CW loves so much want it, they seem to cater to that.

As someone who's defended the character from the fan pile on this season, even I won't defend the "We are the Flash"line. I had to rewind it back because I thought I heard it wrong the first time.

Totally dumb. I don't know what the writers we thinking when they came up with that sentiment. "We are team Flash" is passable because that includes everyone at STAR labs.

Iris and the team work together to help him , but there is no "we are the Flash" when there's only one person in the costume.

I'm all for giving her a purpose beyond being the one note gf, but "we are the Flash" just seems desperate.

Why didn't Iris say "We are Flash" when Barry was missing for 6 months?

It's like when people say "We beat the other side" when referring to your sports team you support. No, "we" never beat them. The team did and you just watched and had no part in it. :o

I pray they have an episode where each member of the team steps up when Barry looks to be defeated and they all say one after the other, "I am the Flash."

I really enjoyed this episode. The Thinker is one of the most interesting villains we've seen on the show. He's definitely the most interesting season-long Big Bad since the Reverse-Flash. I liked learning more about DeVoe -- the writers told his story very well, and Neil Sandilands acted the part masterfully.

The scene towards the end with the confrontation between Barry and DeVoe was terrific. It was one of the best scenes I've seen in the show. And it was a purely dialogue-driven scene. No fancy special effects, no action sequences, no glitzy visuals --just two people in a tense, volatile conversation. The dialogue between the two was just right and helped underscore their building rivalry. The scene shows how important character is. You don't need effects or stunts to illustrate a compelling rivalry.

This tone is what they should be keeping with the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"