The Flash The Flash Season 4 Episode 8- "Crisis on Earth X, Part 3"

Ok, I didn't realize until they started calling him that this episode that Oliver is supposed to be the führer on Earth-X, lol. Even when Kara was comparing him to Hitler, I thought he was just like another general or something. He didn't seem all that commanding to be THE guy in charge. *shrug*

Yeah that was really stupid. E-X Quentin wouldve been much more convincing.

THANK GOD they went full CGI with Red Tornado this time. I still get nightmares from the atrocious man-in-suit version in Supergirl S1.

All those Pantene commercials that sponsor these shows paid off. :o

Gosh, that wasn't telegraphed at all. :oldrazz:

There were lots of ways to approach the story.

Not as tight as last night as some things dragged a bit, but still better than last year's crossover.

I was almost right about Stein, but I was right that Sara was talking to Alex about going at it alone with the Nazi's.

It seemed like sort of a filler episode and were saving the good stuff for the finale on Legends. Did like the kiss between Leo and Ray though.
Equal time for Gay men finally after all the women lip locks in the story.

I was glad Kara was not sidelined and offscreen during her capture by Overgirl and Reverse-Flash.

Yikes the visuals with that Red Tornado fight at the end were pretty cringeworthy

At least Red Tornado looked better this time around and he must return in Supergirl like he was in Earth-X.

Ok, I didn't realize until they started calling him that this episode that Oliver is supposed to be the führer on Earth-X, lol. Even when Kara was comparing him to Hitler, I thought he was just like another general or something. He didn't seem all that commanding to be THE guy in charge. *shrug*
yeah it too me a while and others to pick that up too. I only noticed it to night and I found out other did the same across the web too.

Things looking bleak on Earth-X. I was glad to see Captain Cold return. I liked how they showed The Ray use his powers and thought the casting was good as well. Red Tornado looked much better in this than he did in season 1 of Supergirl.

yeah it too me a while and others to pick that up too. I only noticed it to night and I found out other did the same across the web too.

I figured it out when he was talking to Thawne in the SG episode. He acted like the guy in charge. Also Overgirl said that this was all his plan to begin with.

It kind of makes sense, given that Arrow's success kind of led to them wanting to do a DCCWTV universe to begin with, and Oliver is also played up as the "more experienced mentor" figure compared to the others.

Not as wild of a ride as the first two episodes. Probably saving the good stuff for the Legends episode.

I don't think these writers are able to not have Iris and Felicity talk about the wedding and Oliver. Also, why are they even still alive? Why are any of the good guys still alive on E1?

I laughed at EX Winn acting all tough and whatnot.

This whole time I was thinking they would reveal that EX Superman (Overman) was the main leader, so I was surprised to learn it was Oliver.

I laughed at Red Tornado only because I was just remembering how he looked on SG.

I guess it's safe to assume Stein won't be allowed to have a happy ending.

This whole time I was thinking they would reveal that EX Superman (Overman) was the main leader, so I was surprised to learn it was Oliver.
Yep, I said the same in one of the other crossover threads (there's too many lol!). I honestly thought we'd learn he was the führer (without ever seeing him because Tyler's busy) and secretly suffering the same affliction as Overgirl, and that's the real reason they were so desperate to find a cure. With Oliver and Kara as his top generals - Oliver as his main strategist and Overgirl being his main enforcer but also kind of serving as his guinea pig for the cure, lol. And then when Overgirl exploded and the Nazi's were defeated and sent back, so went their chances of curing the führer and the resistance on Earth-X would still be left with hope for victory once again. That's how I thought it would go, so realizing it was just Oliver was a bit anti-climactic.

just finished them both :db:

overall this was a very enjoyable Crossover event, the best executed and written 4-way Crossover thus far (its not without its flaws though but thats for later)

- so with the Supergirl timeslot being largely Flash-centric, looks like the Flash timeslot is largely Supergirl centric. Mean Winn wow! i actually quite enjoyed that :woot:

- omg Quentin Lance is a Nazi General :eek: i thought he was sitting this one out (glad he didnt). totally crushed my heart how he treated Sara :csad: even sadder how in the real world there are still real people who thinks and behaves like that.

- omg Snart!! :D i am so glad that rumors of him dying is all false. and did he stay behind with the Legends? does that mean we get our beloved Captain Cold-Heatwave tandem back? :woot:

- Ray is from Earth 1. he figured largely in this but... eh idk, i guess he got overwhelmed with many hectic things happening in the ep too. still doesnt make sense why he didnt stay on Earth 1 if he belongs to Arrowverse. i mean yeah he left to go fight the Nazis-- but Capt Cold stayed behind? that doesnt make sense but whatever im just so happy to get Snart back :DV:

- all the sads for Martin Stein dying :cry: i mean i thought they'd just figure out a way to separate Firestorm and he can go back to his family-- not KILL him off wtf?? the scene between him and Jax on the medical bay was a bit... idk. lets just say im trying not to laugh because its supposed to be such a crucial moving moment. Franz Drameh cant cry on cue maybe? lol

- ok that double wedding that i tried my best to avoid hearing about but got spoiled anyway: i dont mind the double wedding per se-- i think its a great way to end the Crossover AND as a mid-season finale even-- but Felicity jumping in and interrupting WestAllen to propose to Oliver and all that hubub just so they can end the ep with a double kiss is just.... omg i laughed for all the wrong reasons :lmao:. a really really good Crossover and they stumbled just in front of the finish line wtf.

- Sara + Alex. i want to see more of them together kicking ass and talking and just being a PAIR. :up:

Yep, I said the same in one of the other crossover threads (there's too many lol!). I honestly thought we'd learn he was the führer (without ever seeing him because Tyler's busy) and secretly suffering the same affliction as Overgirl, and that's the real reason they were so desperate to find a cure. With Oliver and Kara as his top generals - Oliver as his main strategist and Overgirl being his main enforcer but also kind of serving as his guinea pig for the cure, lol. And then when Overgirl exploded and the Nazi's were defeated and sent back, so went their chances of curing the führer and the resistance on Earth-X would still be left with hope for victory once again. That's how I thought it would go, so realizing it was just Oliver was a bit anti-climactic.

Yep. He didn’t come off as the leader to me at all. I thought he was just a high-ranking general or whatever. Most leaders aren’t even involved in battles and whatnot. So, if not one person like Overman, I would have assumed a group of people who took over after EX Hitler died. They could have done a better job showing who was the leader from the get-go.

I thought The Ray was going to be in all four parts. I figured he would seek the help of the Flash, Supergirl, and the other heroes.

I figured it out when he was talking to Thawne in the SG episode. He acted like the guy in charge. Also Overgirl said that this was all his plan to begin with.

It kind of makes sense, given that Arrow's success kind of led to them wanting to do a DCCWTV universe to begin with, and Oliver is also played up as the "more experienced mentor" figure compared to the others.
lol but he's not a good mentor arguably.

but let's move on from that. I did find it interesting that earth 2 Dr. well's Aka Harry confirmed some thing for us super girl & flash fan's and what we suspected about super grls earth and that weird thing barry said about not finda a version of cisco on earth 38.

But earth 2 well's said there are counter part's of them all regardless& they still exist even an earth 1 kara. they just haven't met them yet.

And is possble they are all doing different thing and living alternative lives.

That's something that will be interesting to visit. and to see if they are actually answering those same names as well. it may explain why barry couldn't find any of the star lab's counterparts on super girls earth as I suspected they amy not be answering to those names.

And I'm sorry no matter how you push it barry didn't spend a year there to really find out . he's fast yes we know. but that's not enough if your looking for some people who's history may be drasticly different to a certain degree and may not answer the same names.

It's was interesting earth 2 well said that.

Maybe it's time for Flash and his team to search for a Kara on Earth-1 and not to have rely on our Kara anymore.

Bear in mind that while Arrow opened up doors for other shows, Supergirl is not a spinoff of either Arrow and Flash. She did it on her own hence why she stood as an equal to both Oliver and Barry.

just finished them both :db:

- omg Snart!! :D i am so glad that rumors of him dying is all false. and did he stay behind with the Legends? does that mean we get our beloved Captain Cold-Heatwave tandem back? :woot:

no that's citzen cold snart of earth X the nazi world it's not I repeat not earth 1 snart. he's also not staying there for ever. though he see's weirdly entralled by mick .
- Ray is from Earth 1. he figured largely in this but... eh idk, i guess he got overwhelmed with many hectic things happening in the ep too. still doesnt make sense why he didnt stay on Earth 1 if he belongs to Arrowverse. i mean yeah he left to go fight the Nazis-- but Capt Cold stayed behind? that doesnt make sense but whatever im just so happy to get Snart back:DV:

yeah they have to Explain how he got there and if he's a reality travler ala sliders &b fringe or if he was kid napped there and more importan was he always a meta or did pick that up while on earth 53 aka earth X.
- all the sads for Martin Stein dying :cry: i mean i thought they'd just figure
out a way to separate Firestorm and he can go back to his family-- not KILL him off wtf?? the scene between him and Jax on the medical bay was a bit... idk. lets just say im trying not to laugh because its supposed to be such a crucial moving moment. Franz Drameh cant cry on cue maybe?

I'm gonna miss victor Garber, he was one of thereson's I stay with that show. I'm sure if I'll sstay though now that he's off . but i enjoy the show cause of him next to the others. I'm not sure killing stein was naessay at all. he just wanted to watch his grand kid grow and know his daughter more .
I hope ronnie (caitlin's ronnie) is has been in comma this whole time .

- Sara + Alex. i want to see more of them together kicking ass and talking and just being a PAIR. :up:
hopefully they allow alex to do more cross overs she missed out on alot prior to this . as to her being a pair she doesn't seem to see it with sara. her head isn't inthat space. remeber this only happened cause she 's drinker a ver heavy drink that's meanto people at times and she seem to be unable to be stopped when she starts.

Last edited:
Basically this crossover is Alex's initiation into the superhero community.

Well at least Martin got a heroic end, would still prefer he retires to be with him family. Ray and Cold were fun, them as a pairing was a surprise. But hey equal time and all. I didn't get how Ray and Flash took down Red Tornado, but it looked nifty. Well that's one way to keep Kara out of the fight. Lack of Mick was noticeable. Overall, kind of a bland ep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"