The Format War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. Did you SEE the packaging that the TMNT Boxed Set is coming in??

Now THAT'S horrible packaging!!!!! :( I'm SO tempted to cancel my pre-order...
I would. It's pretty much confirmed there are NO extras and I heard the video was meh.

Ugh. Did you SEE the packaging that the TMNT Boxed Set is coming in??

Now THAT'S horrible packaging!!!!! :( I'm SO tempted to cancel my pre-order...
what packaging? Anyone have an image?

I would. It's pretty much confirmed there are NO extras and I heard the video was meh.

Well like most trilogies the movies more than likely get better looking each sequel. I know the first movie was always dark and I would imagine it looks very grainy like Ghostbusters so it probably looks close to the best it can. I think I saw a review that said the lossless audio was a major upgrade compared to the Dolby Digital for each movie.

Cancelled my TMNT pre-order. :(
I wonder what the sales will be like on this and if they are low enough, will they do a quick re-release in a few months fixing the package

I wonder what the sales will be like on this and if they are low enough, will they do a quick re-release in a few months fixing the package

They would be better off releasing them individually in normal cases instead re-releasing them as a boxset.

It would have been cool if you had individual cases within like the Batman and Matrix box sets.

Wait a minute! imdaly isn't buying a blu-ray?

1. I'll buy it when it comes packaged in proper boxes and with some actual special features.
2. I've done this already with the first two Spider-Man movies, which I'm STILL waiting on (come ON, Sony!).
3. This post made me laugh, considering my history with the HD formats. :D

Ok, that packaging for the TMNT series sucks! That's the cheapest packaging ever...and most ugly that I've seen in the history of home video. lol.

And imdaly, you will probably be waiting quite a bit for the Spider-Man films to come out in a new edition, probably when the 4th is released.

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/stargate2.html?page=1#post168420

Starring: James Spader
Released: 27th October 2009
SRP: $29.99

Further Details:
Lionsgate Home Entertainment has announced a 15th Anniversary Blu-ray release of Stargate for the 27th October. Retail will be around $29.99. The disc will include both the theatrical and extended cuts of the film in newly remastered 1080P High Definition 16 x 9 Widescreen with English 7.1 DTS-MA Audio. Also included will be four hours of mind-blowing special features including three new featurettes, a never-before-seen gag reel, an interactive trivia track and more. We've attached the artwork below:

stargateblu.jpg

This is one double dip I am buying. I have the previous Blu and the transfer sucks. It's also nice to be able to have the theatrical version again.

Yeah Stargate definitely needed a re-release it is good Lionsgate is recognizing their first wave of Blu-ray's were pretty ******. I might actually consider picking up that version of Stargate.

1. I'll buy it when it comes packaged in proper boxes and with some actual special features.
2. I've done this already with the first two Spider-Man movies, which I'm STILL waiting on (come ON, Sony!).
3. This post made me laugh, considering my history with the HD formats. :D

Haha, I aim to please. All in good fun though.

More rumored Anchor Bay Blu-ray's...

Evil Dead
Phantasm
Re-Animator
Hellbound:Hellraiser II
Demons/Demons 2
Hills Have Eyes
C.H.U.D.
Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition

Hellbound: Hellraiser 2 for me.:D

Some very nice Amazon price drops that I thought I should share...

Any Given Sunday - $9.99
Children of Men - $13.99
Coach Carter - $12.99
The Reader - $14.99
Revolutionary Road - $13.99
Slumdog Millionaire - $13.99
The Truman Show - $12.99
Vicky Cristina Barcelona - $14.99
The Wrestler - $13.99

And there is a ton others but those are the ones that caught my eye the most personally. Just check here for deals.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/deals.php?country=usa

And imdaly, you will probably be waiting quite a bit for the Spider-Man films to come out in a new edition, probably when the 4th is released.
Ill be waiting that long too. I did the same with X3

If you guys have netflix, you could netflix the Spidey films, at least experience them in some high def picture/sound. I thought they looked pretty amazing compared to the DVD's and if you get in the mood the Blu-ray is the only way to go.

It's like with LOTR, I may netflix the upcoming theatrical versions. I watched The Fellowship of the Ring last night and it's not pretty. lol. Although, on a smaller screen they look pretty ok, but blow them up to a larger size and it's fuzz city. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"