The GI-JOE Gallery: The Semi-Official Pictures Thread

Good enough for me. Now I just hope it doesn't look like butt.

I just hope it doesn't look like Dr. Doom. Or if people associate it with Doom.

I just hope his helmet doesn't make him look like he has a giant melon of a head. It could look exactly like the comic version, but if it makes his head look big then it'll be hard to take him seriously. Hopefully the costumers and designers know what they're doing.

the script review revealed this regarding Destro's mask:

it's composed of nanotechnology that conforms to his face

joex-large.jpg

Actually, looking at the suit does raise some concerns. Given that Snake Eyes' musculature is due to the bodysuit, I wonder how they're going to do Storm Shadow since his exposed arms (if they go with the classic look) make it at least difficult (if not outright impossible) for him to wear a bodysuit. As a result, he might look noticeably smaller than Snake Eyes, which could be problematic.

the script review revealed this regarding Destro's mask:

it's composed of nanotechnology that conforms to his face

Kind of convoluted, but hey, if it looks good on film I won't complain.

I like it. Makes me curious to see how faithful the other costumes will be.

Scarlett's original looks slightly more modern than her America's Elite. I think all they need to do is give her some grey pants and a form fitting grey & gold shirt.

I reckon the first set of America's Eliet costume would work fine on screen. They've clearly shown that Snake eyes translates brilliantly. Some of the 80's comics and cartoon uniforms are a bit too dated to work (Duke's for example). But the Sigma six ones are way too cheesy and fantastical.
ae01_l.jpg
. Flint however (shame he isnt in it) would do better in his original one - it dates well and looks more badass

Not to mention that the Sigma 6 suits are repetitive. They are pretty much all the same design with a few slight variations. I prefer the Joes each having an individual look based on their purpose and military background.

Not to mention that the Sigma 6 suits are repetitive. They are pretty much all the same design with a few slight variations. I prefer the Joes each having an individual look based on their purpose and military background.

But isn't that what a uniform is supposed to be? The repetitiveness of the design gives them a sense of uniformity that shows they belong to the same unit. I recall the original RAH figures also having a very similar design amongst each other.

I like Snake Eyes apart from the pants. I do wish his suit had some texture to it however.

I'm guessing unless they go with the trademark outfits most of them wore, the majority of the more bizzare suits will go the X-Men route, while the ones we know well, like Snake Eyes, Baroness, etc. will be a little more faithful. You can't have Shipwreck walking around in that Donald Duck looking ****.

He won't be wearing that "Donald Duck looking ****" [Enlisted Service Dress], Shipwreck is mostly known/seen wearing the Naval Working Uniform.

To quote Wiki: "Working uniforms are worn when other uniforms may become unduly soiled or are otherwise inappropriate for the task. These are worn at sea, and in industrial environments ashore."

25a_shipwreck-p_l.jpg

However, much like the Air Force's transition to the new ABU, Army's to the ACU, etc. the Navy's Working Uniform will transition to something similar, only blue.
250px-New_US_navy_Working_Uniform.jpg

if shipwreck is in,i would love to see the look and characterization of the recent comics version....although i did like that bad Jack Nicholson impression he had for his voice in the cartoon...

shipwreck2.gif

gijoe2.jpg

To me he was always like Jack Nicholson meets Han Solo.

Yeh i think thats what they were trying to do lol.

When I was a kid I always wondered how Polly could be so intelligent to come up with such witty quips...I just assumed he had some sort of robotic or genetic enhancements!

Yeh i think thats what they were trying to do lol.

When I was a kid I always wondered how Polly could be so intelligent to come up with such witty quips...I just assumed he had some sort of robotic or genetic enhancements!

Nanomachines.:pal:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"