The GI-JOE Gallery: The Semi-Official Pictures Thread

I'm just curious what it takes to please people. Now I know that someone will get their panties in a wad and fire back with some derrogatory comment that shows their maturity level, but I am asking an honest question here. When you look at movies like Spider-Man 1, everyone wondered why they had to change the look of the Green Goblin and they couldn't make him more faithful to the comics. Same with the X-Men not wearing their costumes, same with Juggernaut, same with the Punisher, same with Daredevil, etc. Now, we get an almost "Pulled from the comics" translation and still people are upset. I too was curious how they were going to pull off Snake Eyes because, let's face it, he's the one that stands out in G.I. Joe lore. What I mean by that most of the force is basic military and then there is this stealth ninja. I am glad to see that they are staying faithful. This picture alone has increased my faith in the movie 500%. Look at this side by side of the two and tell me how they screwed up. I am looking for honest intelligent conversation as to what could be better.

the answer is some people will ***** no matter how respectful or faithful the translation is,purely cuz it might not be how "they" wouldve done it.

In this case,I truly dont understand how it could be more faithful-this is spot on!

nuff said!!!

Yeah. This does look very spot on.

I am now curious to see how they handle Cobra Commander and Destro....

This poster for the upcoming movie 'Brave New World: Ravaged Planet' reminded me a lot of CC's blue hood.

l_0295d0ffac0a1744e89a764a1ca020a5.jpg

Click on the pic for a hi-res version.

Snake Eyes is spot on. This gives me a flicker of hope for this project.

After seeing that picture of Snake-Eyes I have officially become interested in this film. It seems their making it serious, it may be on the lines of Transformers with less humor though.

After seeing that picture of Snake-Eyes I have officially become interested in this film. It seems their making it serious, it may be on the lines of Transformers with less humor though.
I hope so, a ten minute build up for a *********ion joke would not be appreciated.

Stephen Sommers is directing this. There won't be less humor.

Let's be honest. The first pic looked weird and kind of fake, video-gamey, and the lighting was bad. Once we saw the sharper image it comes off a lot better.

So I mean, I don't think people need to jump on others for not liking the first pic. It kind of rubbed me the wrong way as well. When I saw the better picture, its like "Oh Ok, that looks decent."

And yes for this design they stayed pretty faithful to the look of the comics a lot like the Spider-man movie character. So no matter what I say against the movie, I will say that Snake Eyes looks accurate at least.

Let's be honest. The first pic looked weird and kind of fake, video-gamey, and the lighting was bad. Once we saw the sharper image it comes off a lot better.

I absolutely agree, when I first saw it I thought; "Meh." Then with a little lighting change, I was able to completely change my attitude on it. As I told Hunter, he looks like a badass SWAT Ninja. :word:

When I first saw it I wasn't even able to see the texture/lines/design on his mask/helmet. Looks great.

Thats a point earned for them. That costume/uniform alone is ALMOST worth taking the chance on the film. Still will have to wait and see the rest

Yeah I did, it was known a picture of him was coming today, so i don't know why people would doubt it was it.

It was because the initial image didn't look all that.

And wow, I can't believe I'm the voice of reason for once.

Wow.

I'm all for this film - side-by-side comparison now!

It seems Snake Eyes cares more about his sword than Scarlett and Ripcord hooking up.

A sword can cut people n stuff.

God damn, that's awesome. :up: I like that he's wearing a helmet instead now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"