OMG That is awsome Goddess :D
I can not wait to read it

A story[BLACKOUT] with Phoenix! Yeah![/BLACKOUT]

At least someone to make justice for all this crap we got...:woot:
BTW, great chapter Goddess! Keep on :up:

A story[blackout] with Phoenix! Yeah![/blackout]

At least someone to make justice for all this crap we got...:woot:
BTW, great chapter Goddess! Keep on :up:
I know what u mean i am so excited cuz she knows these characters!! But i dont wanna know any more details like
will she be redoing the retcon etc
...the title was enough to make my eyes go :wow: (they need a :heart: smiley with the :heart: pulsating and i woulda used that cuz my pulse jumped too!!)

you actually turned my goddess into an alcoholic???

I love it!!! heck, that first scene with her in the graveyeard had far more character development than the three movies together!!! I'm loving this story a lot and can't wait to see how it continues :D

Having said that, here are the things I find rather amiss:

1) Dr Strange. I love seeing his name and I believe we all do, but seeing as this is supposed to be a movie I seriously DOUBT he could be on it, given copyright and all that burocratic crap. You should use someone less known and still reasonable to help in this matter like Agatha Harkness or Margali Szardos.

2) Warren teaching in Logan's place??? He just joined the school! What makes him more qualified than say Jubilee or Dani Moonstar (we saw her on 1). That doesn't make sense.

3) Kurt. Where is Kurt???? That is all I want to know.

4) Love the fact that you're showing us more about the X-Men's past and early days, kudos there :D

5) Is it Gambit the guy who almost did CPR to Rogue?

6) Wanda better be kicking asses here!!! I loved the "That's not someone I'd like to fight" quote :D

7) Charly and Moira. Nuff Said.

8) Lucas??? REALLY? and Neena??? Out of the entire X-World you choose them??? I like them both but I think Lucas' story might be a little convuluted to put in the movie without talking about it. Fans would incinerate you if you didn't explain his origin...

9) there is no nine

10) From my rather long analysis you can see I enjoyed it :D I rarely read fanfics other than my own, but I did love this one. Kudos on so many levels :D

I'm really glad that everyone is excited about the upcoming sequel/spinoff. It gives me an incentive to not let this go. I'm working on the update. Slowly :(

But for those that are intrested, I am also working on another mature story set in the same Omni-verse as my previous Rolo story, and its a Jott-thing.

you actually turned my goddess into an alcoholic???

I love it!!! heck, that first scene with her in the graveyeard had far more character development than the three movies together!!! I'm loving this story a lot and can't wait to see how it continues :D

Having said that, here are the things I find rather amiss:

1) Dr Strange. I love seeing his name and I believe we all do, but seeing as this is supposed to be a movie I seriously DOUBT he could be on it, given copyright and all that burocratic crap. You should use someone less known and still reasonable to help in this matter like Agatha Harkness or Margali Szardos.

2) Warren teaching in Logan's place??? He just joined the school! What makes him more qualified than say Jubilee or Dani Moonstar (we saw her on 1). That doesn't make sense.

3) Kurt. Where is Kurt???? That is all I want to know.

4) Love the fact that you're showing us more about the X-Men's past and early days, kudos there :D

5) Is it Gambit the guy who almost did CPR to Rogue?

6) Wanda better be kicking asses here!!! I loved the "That's not someone I'd like to fight" quote :D

7) Charly and Moira. Nuff Said.

8) Lucas??? REALLY? and Neena??? Out of the entire X-World you choose them??? I like them both but I think Lucas' story might be a little convuluted to put in the movie without talking about it. Fans would incinerate you if you didn't explain his origin...

9) there is no nine

10) From my rather long analysis you can see I enjoyed it :D I rarely read fanfics other than my own, but I did love this one. Kudos on so many levels :D

Thanks for the critique Sebita. I hold my breath when I'm reading reviews from hard core Storm fans. I'm super critical when other people write Storm, so I know where ya'll are coming from, and the fact that you don't hate it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. Let me see if I can respond to your critiques without giving too much plot away.

1.) Strange, hmm. I like him alot. I am going to admit that I never got to read alot of his books because the X-men took to much of my meager allowance. I know basic stuff, but alot of it is going to be new stuff. I was actually going to have a fairly large role for Agatha, but I knew that most people wouldn't recognize her. But she and Margali are still going to appear. Big Spoiler: Do not read if you want to be suprised!
Strange, Agatha,Margali and Irene/Destiny are all in the same Coven that knows ALOT about Ororo's mother and her people. They have also been actively trying to recruit her. All of which will be explained later.
I know that Strange would never appear in an X-movie. Lol, he's only been around them like twice in 616. But I looooove the idea that Xavier knew him. It helps to broaden the movie world. I hate how it had like zero mention of anything outside of the school.

2.) Warren. Wow. Um I really can't say much about him with seriously giving away the ending, or next story's plot. He's storyline isn't really going to get a jump start until after the half way point. The reason why I don't have him as a student is because he looks like he's 19-22 years old. I kinda have him as a student-teacher. He has to learn how the mansion operates, and help fill the gap of faculty too. When the going gets tough, he's going to bring out a set big steel balls he's been hiding under that naive emo facade. Jubilee will do something that she did in the comics, and it will be big. Well for her. Moonstar is also in it. A small role, but it adds to a subplot that will kick in at the end and definitely in the sequel.

3.) Kurt....mum is the word on him right now cause I don't want to give it away, but I did lay a foundation for him. But, he will have an awesome role in the next story. Promise.

4.):heart:

5.) Gambit is my new everywhere man. Lol. I was just reading some of the previews for some new issues and thinking, "Damn Wolverine is such a man-****e. He's been with EVERYFRIGGIN ONE" Well no more. Now it's Gambit's turn. Lol! But seriously, why and how he
was on the train
and now working for the governemt is part of the plot.

6.)For those who don't know Wanda makes my Top Five Favorite Marvel Character List. And of all the abilities I've ever seen, it's hers I'd like to have. So, yea she is sooo gonna be kicking ass and taking names. HUGE SPOILER! Don't look!!!
And yes, Wolverine's line is gonna come back and bite him. Well, that's one name on that list.

7.) Wheely and The Scot are not in this story.
But definitely in the next! Promise.

8.) Lucas. Where do I begin? Ok, let me say this. I like Bishop. I really do. I looooove his storyline. I hate his mutation. With angry passion. It's the most useless thing ever. He's only used it like five times. Not only that, his power has NOTHING to do with his storyline. It's the dumbest thing ever. Well that's gonna change. How and why actually is the main plot. Neena well, you'll see why I chose her later on.

Okiday!! Thanks for the love. I hope to get a new chapter posted by tonight or tomorrow.

Ok NEW UPDATE Chapter Five: Part ONE!!!!!

X4: Divided and Fallen
Chapter Five
Misunderstood

Scott watches Marie as she is breathes with the aid of a ventilator in the med lab. Hank sits down next to him and breaks his concentration with a hand on his shoulder.

Hank: Hey buddy, how are you feeling?

Scott: Like the PC Guy in those Mac commercials. Out of place. Wearing a suit that doesn’t fit. I feel like someone somewhere is laughing at me.

Hank: Scott, don’t worry about it. You have a bit of catching up to do. Any body would if they were in your shoes.

Scott looks down at his feet, then his eyes rest on his cane that’s sitting not to far away. Hank follows his gaze and coughs softly.

Hank: Don’t worry, my friend. Everyone needs something to lean on at least once.

Scott: I’m not leaning on it. I need it stand. I need it to walk. Dammit. I need it to do everything. How in the world I am supposed to function on a mission with that?

Hank: From the way Emma was talking about you, she sounded like you may not be on missions, ever.

Scott shakes his head and leans in on his hands.

Hank: Scott…what happened out there? I mean it’s been almost two years since you were lost.

Scott: [Looks at Marie struggling in her sleep] I could ask you the same thing. But you ask me first. [sighs] Ever since Jean let the Jet go, I kept hearing her. She kept calling for me. Softly at first. But within days, her voice kept getting more urgent and louder. I would close my eyes and there she was screaming at me. She would plead and beg for me to help her, and be with her. I kept trying to tell her I was going to be there for her. But when I did no words kept coming out of my mouth. She got angry, really angy. I didn’t know what to do. I would get scared, and run. She would start calling for me, and the cycle would start all over again.

Hank: Sounds like a really bad reoccurring dream.

Scott: It wasn’t a dream. It became an obsession. When I slept, when I woke up, eating, blinking. I couldn’t tell where I stopped and she began.

Hank inhales as if to ask something, but stops and changed his mind.

Hank: And at the lake?

Scott: Oh, that. I [swallows slowly] um, went up there because, crazy as this sounds, Jean’s voice sounded less frantic the closer I got to it. Or so I thought. For the first time in months, I was able to hear my own thoughts. So imagine my shock and surprise when I looked up and her there. Just *poof* and she’s there.

Hank raised his brows in surprise.

Scott: I couldn’t believe it. She was right there. Not a scratch on her. Hair redder than ever, looking like she enjoyed a nice cat nap. I was PISSED! I had asked her what, how and…and why. You know, she just stands there and shrugs like it’s a regular Tuesday afternoon. But I wasn’t going to complain. All I wanted was to see her, and there she was. She sauntered up to me and everything slowed down. And uh…that’s the last thing I remember.

Hank: Are you sure?

Scott looked away. He forgot how Hank had the uncanny ability to see through bs. God bless feral men.

Scott: When she kissed me, I felt every emotion I have ever felt. Joy, pain, terror, sadness you name it. I felt like I was going to explode.

Hank: Slim, I think you did. When Mac found you, he said that you, “weren’t put all together.” I didn’t know what that meant until I got a closer look at your wounds. They weren’t normal scars or gashes. The were deep and potentially fatal.

Scott touched his ribcage gently.

Hank: That’s not everything. At first I thought Emma had use some kind of new technology to cover them and help you heal faster, but that wasn’t it. You were covered by a shield. Thin, transparent, almost kinda pink, strong. Sound familiar? It should.

Scott: Wait wait wait. Are you saying that Jean’s been involved with this?

Hank: I can’t say. But it is starting to look that way.

Scott: Forget it, man. She can’t bring back the dead.

Hank: I don’t think you died. I’m still working on my theory, but I think you were just scattered. Which is why when you came back, you literally weren’t put back all the way. Jean may not have had the chance to bring you together, or she may not be good at it yet. This would also explain why your healing at the speed of light.

Scott: Ok, this is officially weird. Jean is dead. Dead as a Dumbledoornell.

Hank: Just like before, right?

Scott: Before she had the chance to save herself. Wasn’t she stabbed. Even I doubt that Wolverine could screw that up. Besides, why me. Why not bring back the Professor?

Hank: I don’t have all the answers.

~ Headmaster’s Office~

Ororo looks down at the files that were slammed on her desk by Logan in utter shock and disbelief.

Ororo: You have got to be out of your metal little mind.

Logan is taken back by her quick and painful tongue, but brushes it off.

Logan: Why is that? This man is the one behind the disappearances. He is the only link between Rasputin and Maximoff.

Ororo: You don’t know him. He would never do something like this.

Logan: Apparently you don’t know him either.

Ororo looks at him with murder in her eyes, and takes a long slow sip of her Irish coffee.

Logan: This guy is a complete nut job. I mean, he thinks he knows magic for cryin’ out loud.

Ororo: [glares at him and grips her coffee mug. She inhales and takes away the rumbling clouds] How’s Rogue?

Logan: Oh common, Ro. Don’t do that. You’re mad, and your mad at me. Speak up. Stop holding it all in. Your only hurting yourself.

Ororo: How is she? And don’t call me that.

Logan: I was on my way down there, but I wanted to ask you somethin’ first.

Ororo: What [said in a tired tone.]

Logan: I wanted to ask you to let Colossus come with me to see Dr. Strange.

Ororo: Of course he can, and so am I for that matter.

Logan: Sweet Jesus, are you kidding me?! I’m not taking a team. I don’t need any one else slowin’ me down.

Just as he said that, he realizes his blunder. He looks away from her wondering if he will ever manage to not stick his foot in his mouth when he talks to her. At this rate, it seemed like it was impossible. A quick flashback of all their conversations ran through his mind. Every last one was of him making an ass out of himself, while she kept her cool and looked at him with disdain and disgust, just like she was doing now. There was a time when he expected her to fawn over him just like Marie and Jean. He now nearly laughed out loud at that.

Ororo: Is that true, Oh Fearless Leader? You know what, fine. I think I am going to enjoy watching you stroll up to the Sanctorum, with claws bared and thinking your going to get in.

Logan: The what? Look never mind. Just don’t get in my way.

Ororo: And follow your lead. Of course. I promise I won’t say or do anything. Didn’t you have somewhere you wanted to go.

Logan narrowed his eyes at her. Ororo Munroe was not a woman who pulled back. She was up to something. He turned around and headed to the sub-basement. The bright part of that conversation was that she was allowing Colossus to go. At least he would stop them from striking, stabbing, freezing, kicking, clawing, and just plain hair pulling each other to death.

He remembered a long time ago when Mystique had showed him the things he never wanted to know in the dark of a tent. When she morphed into Ororo, he didn’t exactly bulk at that idea. There was one thing that was off. That Ororo smell. Fog in the morning, rain, summer breeze, tropical plants. It was smooth and calm… Stop that, bub! He stopped right before he had to enter his security code for the basement. Thoughts like that would lead nowhere fast. Didn’t he learn his lesson about chasing a woman who didn’t want him.

This was getting to be to much for him again. The urge to run was starting to overwhelm him again. But that scent struck him again and he planted his feet. She doesn’t smell like that any more. Always so stressed and busy. So why was he reminiscing? The man on the mission. What did that woman call him? Lucas? Whoever he was, he could do something Logan thought he’d never see again. Not only that, why did he smell like that. It was distracting. Just like Ro. Too much like Ro and…himself?

That couldn’t be right. There was no way that could be right. He stuffed his hands in his pocket and came across the ring. Lucas knew about the ring, and the inscription. Ok. That’s it. He didn’t like people pulling his strings without his knowledge. Before he could go on he looked at the still closed door and realized that he hadn’t put the correct code in.

When he put his code in again he heard the familiar hiss of the hydraulic doors, and slowly walked into the bright lab.

~ Meanwhile Upstairs in the Headmaster’s Office~

Ororo sat smugly after finishing off her second Irish coffee and began writing up new requirements for the curriculum. Her desk is covered with bright neon post-its that were currently killing her buzz and giving her a headache. She took the first one down and glanced at it. “Meeting with Warren, emergency exit procedures, basic jet training, danger room exercises.”

Ororo: I should tell Logan that Angel needs the time in there. OH CRAP!

She stood up quickly and clutched her head in agony as the room span around her. She grabbed her jacket and ran downstairs to cut Logan of before he got to the lab.

She had forgotten to tell him about Scott. Oops.

Ororo thought to herself as she busted through the halls that she should cut back just a bit. Her ability to recall things was starting to slip. Then she thought of the result. Putting up with Wolverine with no buzz. Nope it was so not worth it.

~Med Lab~

Hank could be heard laughing around the corner at a really funny joke. Logan wondered what the punch line was until he pulled back the curtain. Behind a still fitfully sleeping Rogue was Hank in mid sentence with SCOTT!

Logan: WHAT THE ****!

Scott: You guys hadn’t told him yet? [He stands there looking quite pleased with himself.]

Hank: There were several incidents.

Logan releases his claws, swings his legs over Marie’s bed and lunges at Scott. In that quick moment Beast was pushed out of the way, and landed in a roll on the floor away from them. Before Wolverine had gotten close enough with the claws, Hank reached out with his blue furry hand and grabbed Logan’s ankle. Cyclops, on the hand, casually leans back and hits and pushes his new glasses up on his head. Wolverine realizes that he wasn’t going to bridge the gap while being pulled down by Beast. He didn’t want to, despite what both men wanted. All Wolverine wanted was a really good sniff. Just as he got it, Hank pulled him down on the floor, hard.

Scott: [still has his eyes closed and turns his head to the scuffling sound of the other two men] What the hell, Logan?

Logan: What can I say? I’m happy to see you.

Hank: I could have told you that it was really him.

Logan: Yea! You could have, but surprise surprise. No one tells me anything.

As if on some evil-karma que, Ororo comes running into the lab and is at a stand still at the upturned tables, instruments, and supplies. She frowns at Scott adjusting his glasses and Logan rubbing a disappearing bruise on the bottom of his chin.

Ororo: Boys, boys! What is going on here? [Turns to Logan and casually says] Oh um, Logan? We found Scott alive and he’s going to be coming back to the mansion. Don’t be alarmed.

Both Hank and Scott snickered inside their hands and tried in vain to hide their wide grins. It didn’t work.

Even Logan had to smirk at that. No one was alarmed at his reaction, in fact they had planned on it. Sure he felt a bit guilty at the fact that they all knew and understood him far more than he did them, but he was working on fixing that.

Out of the blue Ororo threw her head back and laughed at the situation too. When everyone calmed down, Hank reached out his hand and helped Logan up.

Logan: I can’t even begin to tell you how happy I am that Jean didn’t, ya know.

Scott: Your not the only one.

Everyone took seats around Marie, and looked at her expectedly. The X-Men weren’t known to be lucky, but things were changing, weren’t they?

Wow another great chapter, it only keeps getting better!! To be honest I was on the edge of my chair the whole time. I love
how you handled Scott's reappearance, (how Jean appeared *poof* out of nowehere lol!!), Ororo's continued drinking is great and not cheesy as it so easily could be, Hank/Scott's conversation--and Logan wanting just a sniff. Not to mention the continued allusion to Dr Strange, one of my fave "out there" characters.)
You are making the events of X3 and Storm's portrayal thoughout seem merited/plausible and that's quite an accomplishment, and it doesn't feel forced. And your writing, details and characterizations are great as always. You are inspiring me to check out some other people's fan fics now--I am just a very sloooow reader! Great job!! :D

Thanks PR. I appreciate the kind words. I had alot more I wanted add. This was really fluffy and the plot got pushed aside. But I thought it showed some togetherness that I missed in the films. I'm kinda sad that Jean's missing, but I tried to put her there in spirit.

Part two = plot! Coming soon.

Goddessreicho..You are like, my best friend. That was intense!! I love how Storm just laughed. She is so uptight..and now she just let up!! its amazing! i have a Fan fic going on too..at the storm boards..lol

like milk? lol! but hands down, this fan fic is amazing. :)

I love it that you portrayed every character in your story like they did have their own character, adore the way you brought Scott back (alive Cyclops! Yeah!) and I even like your Storm a lot better, she is way cooler than the one in X3 ever could be.

God, I must catch up with the story. Been so busy :(

@sebita: Dani Moonstar in X1? WHERE? I luv her. (though I've only read one comic in which she's in, I'll never forget the psionic bow and arrow. It amazes me to this day)

I was thinking what a great idea it was to make Storm a closet alcoholic, how did you come up with that?? I mean it would explain a lot. Like in X1 after Sen. Kelly exploded she went runnning for the Hennessey and was a lil tipsy when she said "You know what happens when a toad is struck by lightning" and just forgot what she was talking about....and then in X3 i can see her having a few sips of irish coffee b4 (and after) her scene w logan in the bedroom--she looks a lil ragged--and also maybe having a flask handy at the Prof's funeral. lol!!! it's controversial but a great idea goddess :D

Thanks for the reviews guys. They really really help. Btw, it's good to have you back Flav!

I'm glad Cyke is being enjoyed. I have so much in store for him. Alot of it is going to be new stuff kinda like Storm. So, bare with me.

As for the alcoholic thing, I thought of her behavior throughout the series, and none of it made any bloody sense. Even her seen with Kurt was in left field cause we never knew why she was so angry. Granted she was angry in X1, but again for no reason. That along with her ****ty dialog, it seemed like she was showing typical signs of alcoholism. Ironically, the only thing that was consistent in X3 about her *was* her inconsistency.

But, I want to make sure that everyone gets a chance at some kind of character redemption.

Lol, I split chapter five because I knew it was going to be really long, and now I'm past the length I just posted. Sadly I haven't even hit the point of plot. So chapter five might be three parts.

And this is starting to take the length of a virtual novel. I didn't see that one coming. We'll see.

Expect an update tonight or early tomorrow.

X4: Divided and Fallen
Chapter Five: Misunderstood
Part Two

Marie screamed and screamed until her voice was raw and scratchy. No one could hear here. The floor she was standing on suddenly disappeared, and she began to fall.

Unable to scream, or slow her decent, she quietly cried. She stopped without hitting the ground and she opened her eyes to see everyone one she’d ever absorb glaring at her with seething hatred.

All the men where standing in two separate rows creating an aisle. Each literally looked down at her and pointed forward to a lone figure shrouded in mist.

Despite her sudden inability to control her own body, she found herself gliding towards the figure. The closer she got, the more the figure started to fade away.

Marie was able to tell it was a woman just as she became completely see-through. In fact, she recognized her.

Blonde. Tall. Fit. That skinny French man had called her Carol. He was teasing her, wasn’t he? Marie squinted, unable to completely remember what happened on the mission.

Carol: Oh I can tell you.

Marie: You’re…you’re still there?

Carol: I will ALWAYS be here!

Marie: Where is here?

Carol: Take a good look around.

Marie turned around and saw her home, the Mansion, her favorite store, all the memories she held dear.

Marie: No! No no no. Please no.

Carol: You did this on purpose. You knew it was going to happen.

Marie: No, that’s not it. It wasn’t suppose to work like that. I just wanted to knock you out. I couldn’t let go.

Carol: Couldn’t or wouldn’t?

Marie is at a loss for words. She curls up into a fetal positions and retreats further back into her own mind. Tears slip from her closed eyes in her unconscious state.

Logan sniffs the saline in the air and pushes back her hair to see. Hank adjust her equipment, and shakes his head.

Hank: There’s still no physical change. It almost appears as if this coma-like state she’s in is self-induced. You know what she needs is a…

Ororo: Please, Hank. No. I really think I will burst if you say it.

Scott: He’s right, Ororo. She needs a psychic.

Ororo groans loudly and slinks in her chair. Hank tries to hide his smile. Logan looks around questionably.

Logan: What’s goin’ on?

Scott: There is only one trained psychic alive that could probably help Marie.

Ororo: Scott, don’t!

Scott: Emma Frost.

Ororo: What about Xi‘an, or Moonstar? Anyone?!

Hank: I do believe that Xi’an is working on something with Moria and Danii doesn’t have the experience for something like this, yet.

Ororo: I hate you all. [She says threw gritted teeth.]

Logan: Ok, everyone. Stop. What’s all of this about? It seems like Ro don’t want this Frost-lady near Rogue. I don’t know why? Is there a good reason why she isn’t trusted?

Hank and Scott turn to each other and both simultaneously mouth, “Ro?” Both smiled evilly when they realized that they had new ammunition on her.

Logan turn to Ororo and grabbed her upper arm softly so that she wouldn’t be alarmed by it. She was already feeling overwhelmed and uncomfortable. He honestly didn’t want to add to that.

Logan: Talk to me.

Ororo: I…thought I told you not to call me that.

Hank: Ororo, why don’t you get Marie her blanket. I think that something from home will comfort her.

Ororo gets up and walks out without a word. Logan turns to Scott and Hank who found themselves conveniently busy.

Logan: Someone talk, now.

Scott: The hate between Emma and Ororo goes way way back.

Hank: Emma started it. I suppose she thought it would be funny.

Logan: What did she do?

Scott: She would constantly tease Ororo about her powers. Ororo’s empathic to the weather, and she has to maintain a constant level of control or else a fit of rage could let loose some very destructive tornadoes, winds… It was something that Jean and she had in common. When Emma would tease, they could do nothing about it.

Hank: Emma enjoyed it a lot. Then came the day when she took it to far, and it got personal. Emma pulled a psychic trick on Ororo.

Logan: What did she do?

Scott: [sighs] She…took over Ororo’s body. Emma’s mind was in Ororo’s body and vice verca.

Hank looked down right ashamed, and then it dawned on Logan.

Logan: Oh my god. No one noticed, did they? You couldn’t smell the difference could you, Hank? But what about Jean or Xavier?

Scott: It was just really bad timing. Xavier had just fallen out with Eric, and was doubling up on his sessions with Jean. So she was struggling herself.

Hank: Now that I think about it, I honestly don’t know how Emma caught Ororo off guard.

Logan: [suddenly defensive] Don’t turn this around on her. I have the feeling that she didn’t make herself a target.

Scott: She didn’t. It wasn’t fair at all. I never really had any problems with Emma. Jean used to swear up and down that…never mind. Moving on to business, I’ll call Em and see if she can arrange a trip down here. I’m sure she’ll want to check up on her girls.

Logan: Girls?

Scott: The quadruplets. They are from the Academy. She wanted them to have combat training here, and she wanted them to socialize more. Apparently they’ve been having problems.

Hank: Look at their role model.

Both men snickered. Logan growled at them.

Scott: Right then. Well I need both of you to file reports on the mission. Give them to me or Ro. Hey, that does fit.

Logan: Reports?

Hank: Yes. Just details on what happened. Give the disk to Scott or Ororo and they file them away. Welcome to the wonderful world of responsibility of the real X-men. Paperwork.

Logan: That sounds like fun…

~Elsewhere in the Girl’s Dormitory~

Ororo knocks softly on the door of Jubilee and Marie’s room. After not getting a response she softly says she’s coming in and pushes the door open. The room was far to messy for Ororo’s taste, but not filthy. Makeup and skin products lined both bureaus clothes strewn about and neon bean bags chairs with more clothes and stuffed animals were sitting in the corners.

Ororo stepped carefully over the objects until she was able to reach Marie’s handmade quilt. She picks it up and turns around quickly, knocking off a few objects off of Jubilee’s dresser. Ororo gathered up the blanket and bent down to pick up the things that fell. The last object made Ororo do a double take.

Ororo: Cigarettes?

She turned the box around and noticed that there was no label or warning. These were hand-rolled. Her eyes widened. After empting her hands, she took one of the smokes and brought it up to her nose. It was just rolled tobacco with mint. She let out a sigh, but she was still angry. Ororo hoped she could actually remember to have a stern talk with Jubilee.

Ororo: On second thought, Scott should do it.

As she closed the door behind her, she closed her eyes and thought about those cigarettes. There was one person she remembered who had an affinity for those. But how and why was he hanging around Xavier’s kids? Whatever the reason was, he was now in trouble with Ororo now as well. Just like old times.

~ Next day
Xavier’s Study~

Scott sighed as he fumbled with his cane to open the door. But he noticed that he didn’t need any help, and his grip on the apparatus was much lighter. He hoped that Emma was right and that he was healing at an accelerated rate, for whatever reason.

He stood in the middle of the circular room and frowned at the mess that was made. Why was it that Logan left a trail of trash all over the mansion? He was about to bend down to clean the mess when he realized how utterly impossible that would be for him. After sitting in Xavier’s chair he looked around at all of the documents strewn about. He still couldn’t believe all that was happening along with all that did happen at Alcatraz.

After reading Ororo report, Scott had too many emotions to name. How do you respond to something like that? This was were Scott knew that something was just different about himself. Instead of reacting to an emotional backlash, he would burrow himself in productivity. Work, training, students, missions, cleaning there was always something to do. Xavier had told him time and time again that he would work with Scott on his attachment issues. But things happened, and Xavier never had the time. Scott didn’t resent Xavier for that.

He really didn’t. No matter how many times his mentor had promised.

Scott suddenly felt very uncomfortable in the chair and He stood up and walked over to the bookshelves.

He noticed that the section for T.H. White was out of order. Without even thinking he rearranged the books in alphabetical order, then by date published. When he came to “Once and Future King,” his hands followed the warn cracks in the cover and he did what he could to fold back the edges of Xavier‘s favorite novel. That’s when he saw the piece of paper that was slipped inside written in Charles’s elegant cursive.

“Scott is showing signs of what I believe to be obsessive compulsive disorder or at most a high functioning form of Asperger’s Syndrome. I must contact Gen. Fury and see if this Autism anomaly is hereditary. Although I think it is a trigger from his secondary mutation. This is ” After the remember, the Professor had written the date.

The note was fifteen years old.

Scott: Hereditary?!

Scott began to take deep breaths. His hold on his cane turned into a white-knuckle grip.

Scott: I have family! [He snaps the book shut in an angry gesture.] And you knew! Why say nothing all this time? Never once did you ever mention anything about Autism to me, why? Why? I handled everything else, without question?

He didn’t want to believe what Ororo had put in her report about Xavier or Jean. Both had shown such ugly and dangerous dark sides. Didn’t they both have his best interest at heart? Scott remembered how Xavier had gone out of his way to encourage Scott to tell Jean how he felt. In fact, it was the Professor’s idea to have him ask Jean out.

Xavier didn’t hold back information from him to keep him at the mansion. He’s not that kind of man. Just like he didn’t block Jean from her own potential to keep her dependent on him. He wasn’t that desperate to make his ideals happen. He just wasn’t. That’s what Scott kept telling himself all day.

Jean didn’t rip Scott into tiny microscopic pieces just to have her way with Logan. She wasn’t that into him. Scott clutched his head. He would rip off his arms and give them to her if she asked. She would do the same. He took comfort in that. Four years ago when Logan left after the mission at Liberty Island, Scott asked, her who she wanted to be with. Jean laughed it off, and said, “any day and everyday I’d always want to be with you, Scott.”

The strange thing was when Jean brought this subject up while escaping from Stryker’s underground base. She may have stumbled while he bore her weight and his because of her swollen ankle, but she made him answer to, “ You know that I’ll always want to be you, right?” Scott didn’t understand why she was bringing that up right then and there. Jean knew better than to get personal on a mission. But, she seemed so desperate for his response. Almost as if she was begging for forgiveness? Why would she do that, Scott thought to himself. She promised that she didn’t do anything.

Then again, she also promised that she would never hurt him.

Before he could think about this anymore, he noticed that more novels were out of order and got to work, methodically. Just like always.

OMG I was gone for 3 or 4 days and I missed this all :o

This was great Goddes...

I LOVE AND I MEAN LOVE

That Rogue is in a coma you handled it all so well it was really a great job

Really you are a natural :D

Great job as always Goddess!! So many interestring things going on but doesn't seem rushed, so nice pacing. It reads more like contemporary fiction that regular "fan fic" stuff--well done!

Thanks you two. I was super worried about this part. I wanted to explain Scott's behavior, and show what happened to Rogue. (Lol, I cheated. I didn't actually show her fight with Carol. Shhhhh, don't tell anybody.)

But I was paranoid about people's reaction to Scott. I just wanted to explain why he behaves the way he does. Here's why:

OCD
Aspberger's Syndrome

Well I'll make this PM public :p ;)

This is great. The pacing like PR said, is lovely. You've applied some beautiful nature onto he characters. Perhaps I'm just a bit worried if you'll overexpose the pacing, but I trust you ;) All this 'tranquility' will make a fabulous contrast with the final action scenes ;)
As for Scott, I don't have any problem. :D Makes Prof X. even more darker :heart:

Thanks for answering, just copied the updates, I'll read them tonight :D (ps read my script, you inspired me to do mine :D)

I read them last night and i have to say this:
Dead as a Dumbledoornell.
was WAY too mean... that wound hasn't yet healed for me :(

Otherwise... the script reeks of ROLO... I love it, can't wait to see if it will happen or not :D It's a great story and I can't wait to see the Coven you mentioned in the spoilers :D

Last part of Chapter Five guys. Sorry I haven't been around lately. But I got some bad news about my Mum. She's really my best friend, and it was her idea to read me her X-men comic books right before bed when I was a child. She encouraged my older brother to do the same with Spider-Man. She helped fan my love of writing, and fantasy/sci-fi. She's a writer and scifi/fantasy fan too. Even at 60, she would come to Comic and Anime Conventions and be one of the coolest people in the room. She even sewed my Lulu costume (from Final Fantasy X) and giggled when people asked for my picture because I filled my costume so well! Mum also loves Murder She Wrote and Law and Order (all eleventeen versions), and we would watch them for hours together. So, my story is really dedicated to her, and her love for the X-men, and a really good mystery. Wish her well folks, she needs it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"