The Gun Thread

HPIM1084.jpg

It's an AR with a side charging upper receiver. I based it off of the Remington/JP Enterprises RSASS Sniper Rifle.

Interesting. Piston or gas tube?

gas tube. I would have loved to get it piston and in .308, but that would have made it another $600 at least

Question for the gun owners, who are also hunters. My friend started hunting a year ago. The other day I was at his place and I saw he had a few geese and a duck, but he had only butchered the breast from them.
I thought this seemed like a waste, he said its the only worth while part of the goose. But can't you cook a full goose? Hence... Roast goose? I suspect he's just to much of wuss, and didn't want to completely clean the thing out.

Hey! Just got an idea...let's have a gun fight to decide if we should keep guns. =D

Recently picked up a Colt M4 (556) loaded with Magpull accessories (hand guard, stock, pistol grip, B.A.D lever, Back Up rear sight). Really digging it. A friend of mine is Marine veteran (Operation Iraqi Freedom) and helped me get the thing sighted in in less than 5 rounds, as well as gave me some tips on how the Marines used and modded the rifle in the field.

Recently picked up a Colt M4 (556) loaded with Magpull accessories (hand guard, stock, pistol grip, B.A.D lever, Back Up rear sight). Really digging it. A friend of mine is Marine veteran (Operation Iraqi Freedom) and helped me get the thing sighted in in less than 5 rounds, as well as gave me some tips on how the Marines used and modded the rifle in the field.

The rule here is....pics or it didnt happen.

Last edited:

The rule here is....pics or it didnt happen.

This is true. We require pics of said M4. I enjoy firing my Colt.

Anybody got any experience with the Para P-12?
Ive been reading reviews all day, some good and some bad.

I haven't, but Gun-tests.com gives it a great rating. To bad you can't try before you buy.

Thanks! I need to get an angled foregrip for it. It came with a vertical grip but I wasn't too keen on it. In the future ill probably get an acog sight and maybe swap the magpul stuff for their black versions but as it is, I'm really happy with it. I've wanted an M4 for the longest time and was lucky to find a good deal for this one at a local gun show.

Last edited:
^With the compensators it makes me think of Leon: The Professional.

I love my Beretta 92fs, but I have not fired it in close to three years. I'm thinking about selling it.

I've got a 92FS. I love it. Wouldn't trade it for the world. As for the compensators...while it looks cool, I personally think they're kind of a waste of money, at least for smaller calibers like the 9mm. One can typically reacquire their target fast/easily enough I don't see that shelling out money for one is really worth it. Then again, I've only fired larger calibers with a compensator so my mind might be changed.

Part of me still wants to find a Colt Python in good condition or a S&W model 19.

Walking Dead? :woot:

I picked up a Ruger 10/22 on Friday night along with 2 BX-25 25 round magazines for it. Now, I'm waiting for my Red Jacket Firearms ZK-22 drop in stock for it.

I also went to Operation Sure-Shot this afternoon. It's something our local National Guard hosts once a year on Fort Indiantown Gap. I got to fire a Barrett .50 caliber Sniper Rifle. My buddy fired a Steyr Aug.

Barrett .50 Compilation

Here's a compilation of some of us firing the Barrett.

Oh man I'm so jealous. Looks like so much fun shooting that barret.

It was. I was a little to close to the scope and when I squeezed the trigger the recoil sent the scope right into my eye. Best punch to the face I ever took.

So im taking my CWP class next month(the 5th to be precise) and for Christmas my mom got me this:

awesome_zpsa6cad825.jpg

Obviously thats a stock image as i havent taken possesion of the gun yet, but does anyone have any experience with the PPK/S?

I currently own a WWII era Kar 98K rifle

photo1_zpsf73dd8a1.jpg

and a Kel Tec P-32

photo2_zpsd1c92e0f.jpg

Both guns were gifts from my uncle so i cant wait to finally get my own gun thats actually registered to me.

Congrats on your gifts and taking your CWP. I don't have any experience with the PPK, but if it's good for James Bond then it should be good for all of us.

A friend of mine had a ppk. He really enjoyed it, but said it was a pain in the butt to take apart to clean.

I just have a bb gun.

Tons of fun anyway. No need for a shooting range.

Is that a 9 shot .22lr revolver? My brother had a 9 shot revolver.

You guys have any good websites for ammo? I'm looking for some .22 and all of my local shops are picked clean. Iv been told CCI Stinger rounds are best for my pistol.

Also, I decided to go with a Walther P22 over the Walther PPK/S. ill post some pics later.

walther_zps9ba48b60.jpg

photo_zps61844269.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"