The Harry Potter Thread!

Secretly hoping they will make a Harry Potter Tv series someday!

I think that would be huge!

I’d watch if they made it about his kids. And didn’t reference CC in any way.

I tried to read The Cursed Child... but just hated the format. Just seems weird on paper to read it like that. Wish she would bring out a proper novel.

I know a lot of people were disappointed that Neville did not kill Bellatrix, but not me. Neville never would've lasted a second against Bellatrix.

I wasn't disappointed either. I was disappointed though with the ending of the series. Most of Voldemort's followers dying along with him just wasn't a very exciting end and was basically expected from the beginning. The only surprise was that the Malfoy's were allowed to get away. I don't even recall them sending anyone to Azkaban as a result, not that I wanted that.

With all that being said I kind of want a series on the Black Family, with Bellatrix, Sirius, and Regulus all dead and that burnt out family tree, there are some stories to be had there.

Secretly hoping they will make a Harry Potter Tv series someday!

I’m secretly hoping they’ll decide to make a rated R adaptation someday. Maybe an hbo series like Game of Thrones? Seven possible seasons, lots of gross dark and gory stuff...

The more I have watched the FB films, the more they need to bring the Wizarding World to a Netflix or a HBO or another streaming service. The worldbuilding is too detailed and rich for a film or series of films to do it proper justice.

I’m thinking the animated version of the hobbit come to life

The more I have watched the FB films, the more they need to bring the Wizarding World to a Netflix or a HBO or another streaming service. The worldbuilding is too detailed and rich for a film or series of films to do it proper justice.
I agree!

Game of Thrones is so popular right now, Warner Bros. should consider rebooting the series in a Rated-R kind of way.

We got this:
main-qimg-249a880638ef555bd926759a383ea2f4

But the series does lend itself to something a little more like this, maybe verging more on horror
main-qimg-15a283bafe2620675980ee8d9f9b7715.webp

Last edited:
Hahaha I’ve met so many Christians that read these books. The magic in the potter series is as fantastic as that of Alice in wonderland or a classic fairytale or even the narnia books. It’s not actually meant to turn you to satan. In fact, the series is about loving and accepting your neighbors and fighting those who believe in the superiority of a “purer” human breed. Read/watch the chamber of secrets (book 2)

When you think of it, there's not really a good reason why Luna Lovegood would not have been noticed and mentioned in books 2-4 (even with her being a year younger than Harry and in a different house) but it's still really good that Rowling came up with her and had her in the rest of the books.

I always thought a good Potter spin off would involve George. Maybe 10 or 15 years down the road. He's not the big jokester as the death of his brother had a big effect on him (he's not without humor though). He's an auror, very clever (always was) and hunts down dark wizards who have gone underground and are causing all kinds of chaos. His powers have basically doubled due to Fred's death. He even has something of a psychic connection with him and works out puzzles with his help and even gets premonitions of danger ahead. Harry Potter was something of a Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew sort of thing so why not continue that theme that worked so well? Those 2 were probably my favorite characters and kind of reminded me of me so that's probably why I'd like this direction.

PS When Fred died, his ear healed over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"