Favorite Harry Potter Movie?

Part 2 feels like a long climax, and that's what it is. The finale, the last. :o

That being said, I think OOTP is better than the book. :o

It makes me wish we could see Dumbledore's duel against Grindelwald. The books make it sound like it was one of the most awesome displays of power in wizarding history.

I hate how that whole subplot was passed over in the last two films. Wasn't the point of splitting them to include as much as they could?

HBP suffered from not telling of Voldemort's past, but some of the additions were good, IMO. Like the burning of the Burrow, and Death Eaters invading Britain. It showed that nowhere was safe. I dunno how anyone can hate what he did with DH1/2, those were (for the most part) incredibly accurate to the books.

Yeah that film suffered from mixing up the A and B plots I feel. I haven't read the book in quite some time but I recall the A plot being Voldemort's past and the B plot being the romance, the film feels the opposite. Also the Half Blood Prince stuff felt glossed over, jarring as it's the title of the film.

I can't say I hate DH1/2, however they are filled with missed opportunities imo.

Part 2 feels like a long climax, and that's what it is. The finale, the last. :o

That being said, I think OOTP is better than the book. :o
It is still its own film. Part 1 pulled it off, there was no reason part 2 couldn't.

I hate how that whole subplot was passed over in the last two films. Wasn't the point of splitting them to include as much as they could?
It is like they wanted to avoid how bad a guy Dumbledore was, even though they include the memory where he comes off like a POS.

Which cover?
original
Harry_Potter_and_the_Order_of_the_Phoenix.jpg

HBP is a poor adaptation imo, and I am not a big fan of the look of the film in general. That being said, the book isn't all that good either imo.
agreed, up until the last part. when it was announced that hbp was rated PG, I knew they were taking steps back, and not just one. the film was supposed to you feel like things were becoming darker but it was hard for them to convey it, so instead they make the film, literally, darker.

and half blood prince is the best book. sorry, man.

Yeah that film suffered from mixing up the A and B plots I feel. I haven't read the book in quite some time but I recall the A plot being Voldemort's past and the B plot being the romance, the film feels the opposite. Also the Half Blood Prince stuff felt glossed over, jarring as it's the title of the film.

I can't say I hate DH1/2, however they are filled with missed opportunities imo.

I agree with these.

This was our cover. Still have it.

KfZEzJk.jpg

agreed, up until the last part. when it was announced that hbp was rated PG, I knew they were taking steps back, and not just one. the film was supposed to you feel like things were becoming darker but it was hard for them to convey it, so instead they make the film, literally, darker.

and half blood prince is the best book. sorry, man.
That is your opinion. For me, while it is more well written then the first two books, it isn't nearly the tale. So it is the least of the all the novels for me. PoA and OotP are the two best books imo.

Last edited:
PoA is easily my favorite of the films.

HBP is my least favorite. I absolutely loathe the film.

I love it actually. I think it is great, and only second to PoA. The last 45 mins are amazing. Plus, Wizard's duel.

tumblr_m74k81w39s1r4cez7o1_500.gif

A cool duel but it always infuriated me that Dumbledore was blocking the killing curse. Sure, he had the Elder Wand but even in the book he wasn't blocking AK outright with magic.

I actualy liked HBP a lot when i saw it. I feel like the battles could have been more exciting than they were, the one with the Order in OotP and the Hogwarts battle in the last film could have been vastly improved upon, and i think that the Director may have been at fault there.

Order of the Phoenix was my least favorite, while the battle between Dumbledore and Voldemort was amazing, there was always something in there that made me dislike it in comparison to the others, i actualy found Goblet of Fire to one of the best in the film series, but then again, i didn't read the book, so i don't feel like there's anything missing, after that it also seems like Voldermort got goofier. How i wish they had found somebody else for the last 2 films, i don't think Yates's run should have gone for longer than 2 films.

Last edited:
This was our cover. Still have it.

KfZEzJk.jpg
I know man, but that one is the original, and the scene is absent in the film. Just sayin.

That is your opinion. For me, while it is more well written then the first two books, it isn't nearly the tale. So it is the least of the all the novels for me. PoA and OotP are the two best books imo.
right, it is my opinion. I should've said that, I looked at your post and thought I saw you post like that as well. what you mean it isn't nearly the tale?

I'd say the first one since that's the only one I ever saw. :p

I have to give special props to OOTP. The book is the worst of the series, a bloated mess that aside from the death of Sirius really doesn't add much to the overall plot. The film is one of the better ones after cutting a lot of the fat. It isn't the best of the films, but it is the most improved over the book.

I know man, but that one is the original, and the scene is absent in the film. Just sayin.

That isnt the original cover in the US.

Different regions got different covers.

The UK & Canada got this cover:

The US got this cover:
KfZEzJk.jpg

And it doesnt matter whats on the cover. The cover art is done by commissioned artists. They choose the scene they illustrate. Their choice and the scene that is on the cover influences the films in no way.

Last edited:
I love the US Cover for Deathly Hallows, much better than the UK/Canada one to me. I have the Canadian versions of all of them but that and Order of the Phoenix, fond memories of picking up the latter one.

That isnt the original cover in the US.

Different regions got different covers.

The UK & Canada got this cover:

The US got this cover:
KfZEzJk.jpg

And it doesnt matter whats on the cover. The cover art is done by commissioned artists. They choose the scene they illustrate. Their choice and the scene that is on the cover influences the films in no way.
The British cover is the original cover, and it does matter what's on there. At least to me it does. As far as literature to live action goes, the Harry Potter films are very closely associated to the books. They even use the same iconic logo as the American edition books do.

The British cover is the original cover, and it does matter what's on there. At least to me it does. As far as literature to live action goes, the Harry Potter films are very closely associated to the books. They even use the same iconic logo as the American edition books do.

No it isnt. That is the original British cover that appeared on the british edition published by Bloomsbury (UK) and Raincoast (CA) on June 21, 2003. The original US cover the blue one was published by Scholastic on June 21, 2003 in the States. They are both a first edition covers. They came out on the same day. It depends on where you live at.

So its your original cover if you live in the UK. But here in the States it isnt.

And just because they chose the same eye catching familiar font for the films doesnt mean they have to have the same event thats illustrated happen in the film. But it can be argued that they did. Nothing on the cover indicates what that scene is. You think that its when Fawkes swallows the killing curse. It could also be when Dumbledore apparates with Fawkes to escape the Ministry in his office. So in a way the cover illustration is in the film.

Goblet of Fire
I did not watch movies 6-8, no comment on any of them.

No it isnt. That is the original British cover that appeared on the british edition published by Bloomsbury (UK) and Raincoast (CA) on June 21, 2003. The original US cover the blue one was published by Scholastic on June 21, 2003 in the States. They are both a first edition covers. They came out on the same day. It depends on where you live at.

So its your original cover if you live in the UK. But here in the States it isnt.

And just because they chose the same eye catching familiar font for the films doesnt mean they have to have the same event thats illustrated happen in the film. But it can be argued that they did. Nothing on the cover indicates what that scene is. You think that its when Fawkes swallows the killing curse. It could also be when Dumbledore apparates with Fawkes to escape the Ministry in his office. So in a way the cover illustration is in the film.
Yes, it is. At least to me it is because harry potter is a series of British novels. that scene is most definitely the one during the duel. there's flames all around beneath the phoenix, it would not make much of any sense if it was the scene in dumbledore's office.

moreover, I like to tell myself (I'm sure I can't be the only one) in my head, that the films do go just like the books. the films after all were not made to tell a different story, they were made to tell the story of the books. the 1 change they added that I did appreciate was right at the end, when harry says to his son that snape was probably the bravest man he's ever known. in the film he says snape was the bravest man he's ever known. that was a good move.

Yes, it is. At least to me it is because harry potter is a series of British novels. that scene is most definitely the one during the duel. there's flames all around beneath the phoenix, it would not make much of any sense if it was the scene in dumbledore's office.

moreover, I like to tell myself (I'm sure I can't be the only one) in my head, that the films do go just like the books. the films after all were not made to tell a different story, they were made to tell the story of the books. the 1 change they added that I did appreciate was right at the end, when harry says to his son that snape was probably the bravest man he's ever known. in the film he says snape was the bravest man he's ever known. that was a good move.
It is a British series. But it became a global one thanks to an American film company. When they started releasing the books day and date around the world, it became something more.

It is a British series. But it became a global one thanks to an American film company. When they started releasing the books day and date around the world, it became something more.

it became global long before WB came around.

I'm hoping for new adaptions of the books 25-50 years from now.

Maybe better planned out and consistent throughout.
Also more true to the books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"