The Hulk's origin

I was discussing this with a friend a month or so ago, and we came to the conclusion that Rick Jones angle may come off as being gay (not so much him being saved, but him following Banner around). Think about it; two guys on the run together, spending time together,....by themselves..... together...... It's not that i care, but the implications are there.
Another thing is that I don't think it will be presented well onscreen because Hulk/Banner doesn't really need a side-kick. I don't think the serious tone they are going for will fit in with Rick Jones.

Burton and Nolan said no to Robin. It's Favreau time.

Which for me is far more interesting than the last minute improvised hero that runs after the boy instead of sending some security group for him, so we can pity him the most when irradiated by Gamma.

Yeah I think thats the main reason why Rick Jones won't ever be appearing in the movies, at least not in his literal interpretation. One thing I never understood about Banner in that first issue is the fact that he didn't have enough guts to stand up to Thunderbolt's constant bashing, but he had enough guts to stand up to gamma radiation to save a boy he didnt know, even as he's stationed at a military base full of army soldiers & security trained for situations like that? I know the bomb wasnt supposed to go off and he trusted it not to, but I also know he could've just stopped the bomb himself and told one of the thousands of soldiers to get the boy to safety. Its just one of those things that can happen in a comic book, but may not go over well in a motion picture. Basically Banner has someone else to blame for his mutation in the comic version (actually two people, if you want to count Rick), making him maybe too sympathetic. We have to care for Banner, but we also have to understand the nature of the business he was in, and the Hulk being a manifestation of that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"