The Hunt - Universal/Blumhouse/Lindelof Team-Up For Political Thriller

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
D_SSNaMUEAA88Dt.jpg

Plot synopsis sounds a bit like like The Hard Target movies

Twelve strangers wake up in a clearing. They don’t know where they are, or how they got there. They don't know they've been chosen… for a very specific purpose … The Hunt.

In the shadow of a dark internet conspiracy theory, a group of globalist elites gathers for the very first time at a remote Manor House to hunt humans for sport. But the elites’ master plan is about to be derailed because one of the hunted, Crystal (Betty Gilpin, GLOW), knows The Hunters’ game better than they do. She turns the tables on the killers, picking them off, one by one, as she makes her way toward the mysterious woman (two-time Oscar® winner Hilary Swank) at the center of it all.

Yeah it's the most dangerous game.

I really have to wonder at the hype trying to claim an edgy political angle. This basic story has been literally nothing but "political angle" since 'The Most Dangerous Game'. Its never *not* been political, and I think every conceivable variation on that angle has already been done, twice.

I'll watch anything Lindelof does after The Leftovers.

I thought this would look a little more visually appealing.

Feels like the trailer showed too much.

No surprise there. It'll still get released on time.

Universal Cancels ‘The Hunt’ Release

While Universal Pictures had already paused the marketing campaign for The Hunt, after thoughtful consideration, the studio has decided to cancel our plans to release the film, ” a spokesperson for Universal said in a statement. “We stand by our filmmakers and will continue to distribute films in partnership with bold and visionary creators, like those associated with this satirical social thriller, but we understand that now is not the right time to release this film.”

Insiders tell Variety that the studio came to the decision alongside “The Hunt” filmmakers. They also said it was a tough decision for the company, but studio leadership ultimately determined that the film could wait.

Ah well. September will survive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"