Ultimate Comics Thread - Part 1

Yeah, i was kind of disapointed too.

Sam Humphries needs more mainstream jobs.

Since taking over Ultimates, he's given Tony a cognizant brain tumor, made Cap President, and now has somehow somewhat logically turned black Ultimate Nick Fury into White 616 Nick Fury all the while giving birth to the Ultimate Howling Commandos. Its marveling.

Sam Humphries needs more mainstream jobs.

Since taking over Ultimates, he's given Tony a cognizant brain tumor, made Cap President, and now has somehow somewhat logically turned black Ultimate Nick Fury into White 616 Nick Fury all the while giving birth to the Ultimate Howling Commandos. Its marveling.

1213724_o.gif

Ultimate West Coast Avengers is going to feature Ultimate Wonder Man.
Years ago I designed one and I just wanted to remind and post it again.

Mine:
ultimate_wonder_man_in_color_by_artistneedham-d5we9xh.jpg

I, just for fun, colored my Ultimate Wonder Man Redesign. To show what he would look like I guess. His suit would be a dark blackish leathery look with lighter black for the stretchy padded areas.
The idea is that Simon Williams' brother Eric Williams, code named the Grim Reaper, is a scientist and terrorist with Hydra. They are estranged. Simon is an actor and hasn't seen his brother in years. He had no idea if his brother was even alive. Eric is code named the Grim Reaper because of his experiments in recreating the Super Soldier Serum. Many patients die, but more than that Eric began experimenting in the regenerative abilities of the Serum. (Captain America's cells regenerate and kept him alive while frozen and keep his body strong). Eric thinks he could figure out how to bring back the dead, create undead super soldiers. When Simon is killed because of Eric, he used his experiments on his brother and successfully brought Simon back from the dead. Simon was now stronger, more agile, everything Captain America is. Eric got Simon working for Hydra, but eventually Simon turned on his brother and Hydra and was hired on by SHIELD, and then the Ultimates (Avengers). In later stories. further testing by SHIELD scientists showed that not only was Simon brought back from the dead, and was now as powerful as Captain America, but his cells generate so much ionic energy to regenerate that it builds up.

The upcoming Marvel's Ultimate Avengers versus the Ultimate West Coast Avengers version:
wJAvNHZ.jpg

ULTMTS2011024_COV_COL.jpg

the-west-coast-ultimates.jpg

So, Death of Spider-Man Fallout was terrible. Mostly because it didn't focus enough on the Spider-Man cast and I didn't get what everything else was referencing. To bad that I'm a completionist and probably won't get rid of it anytime soon. But I'm excited to pick up the Miles stuff soon.

So what characters do you think were used well in the Ultimate Universe and who was used poorly?

I think a lot of the villains in the UU were not used well, they often come off as being less interesting then their 616 counter parts (Electro, Sandman, Vulture, these characters are so bland they are interchangeable), though I kinda liked Ultimate Mr. Sinister when he was first introduced, I am not sure I like him more then 616 Mr. Sinister, but its an interesting twist on the character.

Ultimate West Coast Avengers is going to feature Ultimate Wonder Man.
Years ago I designed one and I just wanted to remind and post it again.

Mine:
ultimate_wonder_man_in_color_by_artistneedham-d5we9xh.jpg

The upcoming Marvel's Ultimate Avengers versus the Ultimate West Coast Avengers version:
3034113-3698025918-60508.jpg

3034124-3882963739-ultim.png

Ultimate Falcon is dating Ultimate Vision. Marvels obsession with robot on human loving continues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"