The Incredible Hulk on DVD & BluRay

JediMasterConor

Civilian
Reaction score
This won't be out on DVD and BluRay till November/December the earliest. But here is some news you might be interested in:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080611i.php

A few days back, "The Incredible Hulk" director Louis Leterrier admitted that the initial rough cut of the film (the assembly), the one that he and Edward Norton had their apparent dispute over, ran at about three hours.

Of course the final film is much shorter than that, a breezy 106 minutes, which has resulted in some mixed early reviews and complaints of it being truncated. Letterier has also previously stated that he does not intended to do an alternate or 'extended' cut of the film either.

Now in an interview with Collider, he reveals that he intends for the eventual Blu-ray and DVD release film to contain all that cut footage - a total of 70 minutes of footage not included in the final theatrical cut including two scenes shown in the trailers that definitely didn't make the final version of the film.

One of those scenes includes the Captain America cameo says Judao. Whilst the serum is mentioned frequently throughout the film, the crew shot a whole quite dark sequence where Bruce Banner travels to the Arctic Circle and meets up with Captain America.

That's going to be awesome if there is an extended cut with 70 additional minutes. That'll be just under 3 hours...

wow 70 min? thats crazy.. i really cant wait to see what special features will be on it. i'm sure there will be one of those deluxe editions with a comic and other goodies. i'd get that for sure..

LOL!

"contrary to other information you may have heard...."

Source on November/December info?

Conventional wisdom has it appearing around Sept/Oct.

Daaaamn. 70 minutes of additional footage? Sweet! Whenever the DVD is released, i'm on it! I just hope they don't put the footage on Blu-Ray only, and screw us regular DVD owners. That'd suck.

How I understand it is that they are putting all the 70 minutes on Blu-Ray but will put as much as they can on DVD, if they can do a double disc DVD release then more will be included but everything they filmed will be on the Blu-Ray disc for sure.

i really hope leterrier changes his mind and does an extended cut. either that or marvel forces him to. i would like to see the movie as intended. the leterrier and norton cut. it would be a pain in the ass to have to make my own extended version.

How I understand it is that they are putting all the 70 minutes on Blu-Ray but will put as much as they can on DVD, if they can do a double disc DVD release then more will be included but everything they filmed will be on the Blu-Ray disc for sure.

Sons of biscuits!! So i need to get a Blu-Ray player then, huh? Bastards!
(LOL!)

i really hope leterrier changes his mind and does an extended cut. either that or marvel forces him to. i would like to see the movie as intended. the leterrier and norton cut. it would be a pain in the ass to have to make my own extended version.

I agree with you. When you watch the deleted scenes AFTER already watching the movie, it does suck, and kind of kills the movie, especially if it would've added to the flow of the movie. I always hoped that they would just give you the option of selecting which movie you wanted to watch: theatrical release, or extended cut with deleted scenes.

As long as I get to see the extra footage I'm happy. I'm actually looking forward to the DVD more than seeing it in the cinema, that way I can watch it over and over and over and over.......:woot:.

i do hope they put that 70 minutes in an extended cut for Dvd... it will be very annoying to watch 70 minutes of deleted scenes...

wow 70 minutes and captain america, they might have to make the regular dvd a 3 disk collector edition, which i would buy in a heartbeat

I would be ecstatic if there was and extended cut....but somehow I just don't think it will (probably will be just a bunch of deleted scenes not an actual re-cut/extended version). But if it does, I'll be picking it up on Blu-ray a.s.a.p.

LOL.

I gotta agree that I hope LL changes his mind and that we see the Louis Leterrier and Ed Norton cut of this film as I respect both of their talents and vision. I also understand why Marvel shortened the movie.

But if they don't make the cuts, please send me a copy of your extended cut. :oldrazz:

with an additional 70, it will be like an entirely different film!

Who ever wrote this article is a moron. Even if there is an extended cut there will not be 70 extra minutes.

The initial cut (3 hours) LL has described as the "Suicide cut" because after so many viewings "you want to commit suicide." That is not particularly a good thing.

If there is an extended version expect it to be 2 hrs and 15 minutes (which was the run time LL and Ed wanted!) Not... just under 3 hours.

to be honest i dont care how long it is, as long as the arctic scene is on it.. i cant wait fo the hd version of it, im gonna freeze frame everything and screencap lmao..

what is the arctic scene anyway, i see alot of people talking about it but still haven't figured out what it is

what is the arctic scene anyway, i see alot of people talking about it but still haven't figured out what it is

Without giving too much away ...

There's a point when Bruce Banner gives up on his quest for the cure and decides to commit suicide. So he travels far North and and reaches the Arctic Circle.

This statement makes me pretty glad that Leterrier is taking this film the right way that it can be seen as both a sequel and a reboot for those who hated and liked the film. Pleases both sides magnificently.

Wow he meets Caps? That sounds awesome. Now I'm looking forward to the cut more than the film. I wonder who plays him?

I seriously doubt they shot 70 minutes of additional footage to the actual story, I just cant see them ever aiming for a 3 hour run time for this film at all.

Seems more likely to me a good portion of that time (if accurate) will be alternate versions to scenes that are in the the actual film, (FF1 had 2 versions of what was basically the same 5 minute scene for instance) with the remainder being the deleted stuff.

All told, if the the full run time of their rough cut was anything over 2.5 hours I'd be very surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"