Feige on The Incredible Hulk

Qwerty©;11881021 said:
I'm not a Hulk fanboy, and I was born in 1990. People my age know about the TV Show. It's become part of pop culture.

congrats, you have good taste :up:... but you are part of a minority, the Hulk show never gets anywhere near the top 30 in any of the great tv shows lists, it never was much a ratings winner back in the day.

congrats, you have good taste :up:... but you are part of a minority, the Hulk show never gets anywhere near the top 30 in any of the great tv shows lists, it never was much a ratings winner back in the day.
That's the thing, I haven't seen a single episode.

But I knew about it way before I became a comics fan, and all of my non-comic friends know about the TV show.

Qwerty©;11886759 said:
That's the thing, I haven't seen a single episode.

But I knew about it way before I became a comics fan, and all of my non-comic friends know about the TV show.

yeah, there are alot of people who think the TV show is what started the comic book.

It kind of worries me that they are just talking about the movie being fun and light...although the first one was definitly too heavy, I really hope this one is serious to an extent.

I still think it's mean and in poor taste.:o
Why are you harping so much about Ang Lee's feelings? It's a business as well and if they can put out a different and better product than so be it. I'm pretty sure at some point in your life you are competitive and talk smack to whom ever you are up against, so relax dude. It's not that he insulted anyone, they want to make a better movie period. I am one of the biggest Hulk fans and remember the TV series and loved it, but think it's campy now and see all the flaws it had. Compared to the movie, it is cheesy as far as f/x. When the first movie was scheduled to be made, it was on then off then on again. When they finally put it on film and I watched it, it was both fulfilling AND disappointing. I hope this next movie, whether sequel, reboot or whatever smokes the **** outta the last one. Then we ALL benefit.

I agree completely! Hope it leaves the 1st one in the dust.

It kind of worries me that they are just talking about the movie being fun and light...although the first one was definitly too heavy, I really hope this one is serious to an extent.

Thats what i'm hoping too, the seriousness and adult theme's are what i liked about the first movie, i dont want that swapped for FF/X3 type silliness and shalloness.

Thats what i'm hoping too, the seriousness and adult theme's are what i liked about the first movie, i dont want that swapped for FF/X3 type silliness and shalloness.
It would be a huge mistake to go the FF2 route (alot of humor, alittle too much for my taste.) The Hulk is a genuine action/thriller type of movie. Kinda like the guy on the run who is in love and is confronted by his enemies while trying to find a cure. When the action is onscreen, we want to be blown away not humored.

Why are you harping so much about Ang Lee's feelings? It's a business as well and if they can put out a different and better product than so be it. I'm pretty sure at some point in your life you are competitive and talk smack to whom ever you are up against, so relax dude. It's not that he insulted anyone, they want to make a better movie period. I am one of the biggest Hulk fans and remember the TV series and loved it, but think it's campy now and see all the flaws it had. Compared to the movie, it is cheesy as far as f/x. When the first movie was scheduled to be made, it was on then off then on again. When they finally put it on film and I watched it, it was both fulfilling AND disappointing. I hope this next movie, whether sequel, reboot or whatever smokes the **** outta the last one. Then we ALL benefit.

It's not so much about Ang Lee's feelings(as rude as that was), but the presumption that everyone thought his movie sucked. It is that he insulted someone, and there is no need for smack talk and competitiveness. I definitely want a better movie, but come on, show a little class.:o

It's not so much about Ang Lee's feelings(as rude as that was), but the presumption that everyone thought his movie sucked. It is that he insulted someone, and there is no need for smack talk and competitiveness. I definitely want a better movie, but come on, show a little class.:o
Those defending Ang's honor are forgetting something pretty significant. Only five years after Ang's Hulk, Marvel is making a complete Hulk reboot with a different director/cast/etc. Everyone did not think Hulk sucked. However, the overwhelming majority of those that saw Hulk thought it did, or was at the very least, a massive disappointment. From that point of view I don't think they're insulting what came before so much as they are acknowledging previous mistakes and how they're addressing them. If they praised Ang & Hulk and didn't speak on it's shortcomings they wouldn't be able to give us a better movie in TIH.

Have you ever heard of everyone's entitled to there own opinion along with advertising and promotion? If he went the "yes, Ang Lee's movie was awesome" then nobody would give this second movie a chance cause lets be honest, it was a good/bad movie. I have been a fan of the hulk probably b4 you were born and must say I like the movie because they did one and dont get me wrong , there are elements I LOVED but, the rest of the movie was weak and OVERDONE! Everyone didn't think the movie sucked, only the vast majority. It took forever to see the Hulk in the movie, FOREVER! and that alone ruined the film.

Have you ever heard of everyone's entitled to there own opinion along with advertising and promotion? If he went the "yes, Ang Lee's movie was awesome" then nobody would give this second movie a chance cause lets be honest, it was a good/bad movie.

I agree.
I have been a fan of the hulk probably b4 you were born and must say I like the movie because they did one and dont get me wrong , there are elements I LOVED but, the rest of the movie was weak and OVERDONE! Everyone didn't think the movie sucked, only the vast majority. It took forever to see the Hulk in the movie, FOREVER! and that alone ruined the film.

Well I still got Ebert's glowing review in my mind, and plenty of people on these boards have said they enjoyed it or parts of it. It's less about his opinion but the way he presented it. It's not that big a deal, but it rubbed me the wrong way. With that said he's entitled to it, just like I'm entitled to think he was being a bit of an ass.:o :heart:

Fair enuff. I agree he may have been a little pompous about it, but I wish we would have heard the tone and way he said it. Anyway, I am really excited about the prospect of seeing what they can do with the f/x with winston, simms leading the way along with the new f/x team. Hope we all get what we want and that is a great movie from beginning to end.:woot:

I'm very surprised that there is someone who still believe that this new movie will be a "total reboot"... when everybody has specified that this will follows Ang Lee's Movie, but takin' a different direction... simply it is still a sequel! Maybe a better movie? I hope, but a sequel anyway.

I'm very surprised that there is someone who still believe that this new movie will be a "total reboot"... when everybody has specified that this will follows Ang Lee's Movie, but takin' a different direction... simply it is still a sequel! Maybe a better movie? I hope, but a sequel anyway.
Maybe it has something to do with Kevin Feige, Marvel Studios President of Production, saying "...in looking to sort of reboot and start the franchise fresh and new, we wanted to start with a clean slate." Yes it's not going to re-tell Hulk's origin but still doesn't sound very sequel-y to me.

I think that the "clean slate" words are for the cast, not the continuity...
Louis Leterrier said it was up to the individual viewer to decide if this was a sequel or a new adventure. This sounds to me really like this is a sequel like in the James Bond series(License to kill-Goldeneye)... and then: will the movie starts with Bruce in the jungle?
Zak Penn compares it to "Aliens to Alien"...
Is Betty a scientist still?

I just think the main problem with the Hulk from the very beginning, is that more than any other superhero, he's had so many different interpretations that it's hard to know which way he should be portrayed. The majority of the general public really does reference the 70's show as how they became familiar with the character, so making a movie in that vein makes sense, to a point. But people fail to forget that the Hulk only appeared in an episode an average of two times within one hour. He'd wrestle somebody, do some poses then go jogging down the street. The rest of the show was about Banner dealing with some conflict he felt compelled to help with, it wasn't like an all-out smashfest, so it puzzles me that people seem to think the show had more of an action vibe to it than Ang's movie did. The Hulk, in any medium, has always had deep scientific babble in it, it's part of the character, so making a straight popcorn flick I hope is not the direction we're headed in, because that definitely wasn't the direction of the TV show, comic book, cartoon or anything else...

^^^I agree with you verily.:up:

It's funny. I remember a local anchor making a comment before the movie came out about how he was surprised Hulk was larger and making enormous leaps.

^^^I agree with you verily.:up:

It's funny. I remember a local anchor making a comment before the movie came out about how he was surprised he was Hulk was larger and making enormous leaps.

^ yeah seriously! I've had many discussions about things like that where I could feel my own little Hulk dying to get loose and pound some sense into people...

I think that the "clean slate" words are for the cast, not the continuity...
Louis Leterrier said it was up to the individual viewer to decide if this was a sequel or a new adventure. This sounds to me really like this is a sequel like in the James Bond series(License to kill-Goldeneye)... and then: will the movie starts with Bruce in the jungle?
Zak Penn compares it to "Aliens to Alien"...
Is Betty a scientist still?
Dude you answered your own question or statement. It is NOT sequel but DIFFERENT retelling sans the origin. I personally dont want a sequel to Ugh Lee's version anyway. And the reference to Bond was a bad example. None are REALLY sequels. More like a series w/o tie ins to one another other than casting.

Dude you answered your own question or statement. It is NOT sequel but DIFFERENT retelling sans the origin. I personally dont want a sequel to Ugh Lee's version anyway. And the reference to Bond was a bad example. None are REALLY sequels. More like a series w/o tie ins to one another other than casting.

If this movie is a huge success than I am sure that the future Hulk movies will be direct sequels to this or will they go down the James Bond route?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"