Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/796/796569p1.html

The Hulk's Incredible Return
Marvel exec says new movie won't suck.
by IGN Staff

US, June 14, 2007 - Kevin Feige, Marvel Studios President of Production, has the inside track on all of the company's plans to bring their legendary comic book properties to the big screen. Feige dished on several major projects during a chat with journalists on the Iron Man set and IGN was on hand.

Feige had the most to say about the new Incredible Hulk flick, which will star Edward Norton in the title role. He considers it a new start for the franchise after the failure of Ang Lee's version a few years ago.

"The Hulk movie will be different from this one because this one will be good [laughs]. It was a dream getting Edward Norton," Feige said. "We're joking about it, but there were certain elements in the first one that I'm very proud of, and there are other ones that I'm not. The cast of the first film was spectacular, a great cast -- you couldn't ask for a better cast coming together than you did in the first movie. Eric Bana was great, and frankly they were all great, but in looking to sort of reboot and start the franchise fresh and new, we wanted to start with a clean slate. And it wasn't Eric Bana that I was looking at and saying we need to improve upon. It was Bill Bixby, because Bill Bixby is really what I believe most of the fans and most of the audience members look to when they think of Bruce Banner, and they think of that Hulk storyline. I was thinking, 'Who is that today? Who can get that empathy across and who is a great actor in any medium?' We started talking about someone like Ed Norton, and it's your dream in movies like this when you go, 'Boy, it would be great to have someone like this,' and end up actually getting them."

So, do Marvel and Universal just expect fans to forget about the suckiness of the first movie? "I think the casting announcement has given everybody pause," says Feige. "I think there are a lot of people who are looking at it in a new light, something that might be interesting and worth a second look. I think that's a big part of it. I also think when people see a kickass trailer, they will change their minds, and when they see the redesign of the character and the new texture and the new tone and the new vibe and the fun and the action and the smashing, that will change everything!"
Speaking of smashing, it could be intense. According to Fiege, fans can expect the movie to have a PG-13 rating.

Feige further revealed that filming on the flick will get underway soon. He says, "Incredible Hulk goes into production the day [Iron Man] goes into post -- July 9th, Hulk starts production."

Didn't see this anywhere else,the start date is a bit worrying IMO

Why is that date worrying?

Well unless i have my dates wrong it starts shooting the same day IM goes into post and yet is released only one month after IM,that's X3/FF style cutting it fine.

11 months is still a long time to finish a movie.

Iron Man began filming in May, right? So TIH is really not that far behind.

awesome, first TIH was supposed to start shooting in May, then June and now July, a$$holes :up:

"It was Bill Bixby, because Bill Bixby is really what I believe most of the fans and most of the audience members look to when they think of Bruce Banner, and they think of that Hulk storyline."

...Uh...What? :huh:

Seriously, today's movie-going audience probably doesn't even know there was a TV series back in the 70s.

And from what I've read of the comics, Lee delivered everything I wanted and expected in a Hulk movie.

This just screams all-action cheese to me.

Kevin Feige should realize that there are indeed those of us who feel that Ang Lee's HULK is a good movie. And as you can well imagine, making jokes at the first film's expense certainly doesnt cause a great amount of excitement if that was his motive. :o

you guys should calm down, the guy was just joking

Yeah, really, you don't know the tone used or anything... And if he's a big fan of HULK then without a doubt he'd have been a bit disappointed with the first film.

I am a big fan of HULK... since I was 5, and a big fan of the TV series, and Bill Bixby, and Lou Ferrigno, and Peter David... and I've never been disappointed with the first!

"It was Bill Bixby, because Bill Bixby is really what I believe most of the fans and most of the audience members look to when they think of Bruce Banner, and they think of that Hulk storyline."

...Uh...What? :huh:

Seriously, today's movie-going audience probably doesn't even know there was a TV series back in the 70s.
Sure they do :huh:

no they dont, its only us Hulk fanboys that remember it and old people who were kids back then.

I like everything Feige said. TIH will be to HULK what Batman Begins is to Batman. A reboot that's so far superior to what came before, it will define the character for a new generation. With this cast, this director, and this direction for the film I couldn't be more excited.

no they dont, its only us Hulk fanboys that remember it and old people who were kids back then.
I'm not a Hulk fanboy, and I was born in 1990. People my age know about the TV Show. It's become part of pop culture.

I like everything Feige said. TIH will be to HULK what Batman Begins is to Batman. A reboot that's so far superior to what came before, it will define the character for a new generation. With this cast, this director, and this direction for the film I couldn't be more excited.

YOU PREACH IT MAN!! That's what I'm talkin' bout'! LOL!!! Seriously though...

I am a big fan of HULK... since I was 5, and a big fan of the TV series, and Bill Bixby, and Lou Ferrigno, and Peter David... and I've never been disappointed with the first!

Me too, so you are saying that at no point in the film you said,"why the hell did they do that?"

I took the film as its own but 15 foot HULK just made me say WTH? I do like the movie but the changing colors and size just piss me off!

Yeah I i'm grown and uh i liked ang's hulk. I mean what did you expect its the first time they put hulk on film. wtf.

at Ang's expense.:huh:

he was kidding about the film, not ang. Alot of people agree with what he said, alot more than those who disagree with him. But still, it was a joke. Ang will know by now that his Hulk isnt loved by everyone.

I still think it's mean and in poor taste.:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"