The Infinite Crisis Thread (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'DC Comics' started by The Batman, Aug 14, 2005.

1. trustyside-kick The Marine Marvel

Yea but the first appearance of him was cool too. The part with the Royal Flush Gang. Didn't King say something like "Everyone knows Joker's Wild" or something? And then our lovable Clown Prince of Crime has his fun. :up: :)

2. Bullseye Registered

I think those were the only appearences Joker had in the series. Even if Joker had more appearences in the series those two appearences were the most significant.

3. trustyside-kick The Marine Marvel

Yup, two appearances and those were some of my most favorite parts from IC. :up:

4. Prognosticator Registered

Let's not overblow his part in the series, which is "limited-to-nothing".

5. trustyside-kick The Marine Marvel

No; let's. His small roles were awesome; even though were small; bottom-line. :)

6. Prognosticator Registered

the role written was awesome yes, just not pivitol. but i liked the way it fell into current DC continuity b/c he really hasn't been used MUCH leading up/during IC, and i think people needed that break. now, i believe there's likely a bit of resurgence w/the character, whether it'll come immediately or a little down the road.

7. Bullseye Registered

I had some trouble keeping track of the mini-series that lead up to Infinite Crisis. I think I found Villains United to be the most enjoyable to read.

I was a little disapoinited with DCU Brave New World.

8. regwec Make Mine Marble

He did effectively murder a sort of a god.

9. Infinity9999x Registered

Hah, I'm bringing back this thread from the dead.

I just bought the Hardcover IC GN, and I have to say I loved it, but I was wondering what everyone else thought about it. I had mixed feelings on certain aspects of it, like making Alexander evil, killing Conner:csad:, and I even felt a little bad to see Earth 2 Supes bite it, but I still liked the story. So basically, what's all your opinion, and has it affected the DCU in a good way? (I haven't been reading many current DC comics)

10. Superman: Idols Lord of Unseen Cities

The after-effects of IC are mostly good, in my opinion. Batman and Superman have been "re-aligned", and some of the new books and mini-series (like ION) are fantastic.

11. Prognosticator Registered

DC's current continuity isn't as exciting as the build up to IC was. :( I'm a big DC reader, and it's become a bit of a campfest as of late. I actually think they're trying to recreate the Golden/Silver Ages of comics in some titles.
    But that's just me. I prefer dark/damp/unhappy storylines. The ones right now are BIG stories that spend too much time WINKING at the audience.
    E2 Supes' death was sad! I might have shed a tear when I read it, I can't remember. Superboy? It was a definite curveball, but I wasn't attached enough to really pine over.
    And while I thought I liked Alex, his turn was pretty epic! Same for SBP. If nothing else, it makes the future really interesting in the DCU.

12. sethcohen still beats hal...

the best thing about alex going evil was him not believing what he was doing was evil... he believed his intentions were for the best and eventually became drunk with power...

13. Prognosticator Registered

^ Same with SuperboyPrime! He was tricked by Alex, and then became overly defensive. And once he SNAPPED, there was no turning back! You literally watched a character go mad from series beginning to end.

14. sethcohen still beats hal...

you can pinpoint the moment he loses it... its awesome!

15. Twilight Knight Registered

Yeah, SB's Death definently threw me. What pissed me off more was they were actually planning on killing my most favorite character, Nightwing! They can bring back a loser like Jason Todd, but they want to kill a hero like Dick Grayson, the MOST KNOWN Robin! Just about every incarnation of Robin is Dick Grayson. Can we help it that he moved from the shawdow of the Bat?

Not only that, he's got a plethora of interesting material, he's ripe for the freakin harvest. He's got family issues (dude was raised in a cave with an emotionally distance "dad"), knows just about every character in the DCU, Big brother to Tim Drake (severly underplayed as late), doesn't really know where he's going in the world, and is the best example of what Batman "COULD" be if he were in touch with his feelings/emotions. He's the perfect counter balance for the Bat. What would Batman be like if he actually cultivated relationships...he'd be like Nightwing...sorta LOL.

IC definently set up the DCU in a good way, making B-listing heros and villians worth reading (and Identity Crisis did the same with Dr. Light). seems like most writers forgot that villians were "people" too, not just someone for the heros to beat up each comic (which is what makes the Joker's "few" apperances so awesome). I also like real issues causin the break of the JLA, that's why Tower of Babel is one of my favorites.

16. Infinity9999x Registered

Yeah, when I read in the extras in the back that they originaly planned Dick to bite the dust it really surprised me, I mean, I remeber watching the superhero special on the history channel where one of the DC writers talked about how everyday people got angry at him because of killing Jason Todd, because they thought it was the first Robin.

And yeah, the way they wrote Alex was very well done, he was a bad guy you could relate to. I'm really curious to how they'll use SBP in the future. I was wondering if they'll maybe wait a couple years and do another big event where he breaks out. I was really surprised he killed E2 supes, just because that's the Superman that could move planets and such, so SBP must be wayyy up there in power levels. Though, I was surprised that Kal-EL didn't get his ass handed to him by Kal-L in the big fight after Lois died. Have they powered Superman up recently?

17. Ultra-Herald9 Registered

Uh I don't mean to sound like a know it all but It was actually Silver Age Superman of Earth One(just to tell you also Earth One superman is also different from modern Superman and the Earth One Superman is considered to have never exsisted.) that was the planet moving,time travelling boyscout. In fact Earth Two Superman(Kal-L) originally was far weaker than modern day Supes . He was the one that for a while couldn't fly and could only leap 1/8 a mile and could barely bench a truck. Later on though during the first crisis it was implied that Kal-L was as strong as Silver age Kal-El so I guess technically Earth-Two Superman should have been a planet mover. But Earth Two Supes is on an even level with our Supes but Earth 2 Supes has just a bit more willpower,experience, and a brutal and agressive fighting style.

18. Kebab gud Registered

i have one problem with continuity in infinite crisis...
    in the last Green Arrow before the one year jump ollie is shown with 2 arrow sticking thrugh his chest and in the later flash back is shown to be in a coma during infinite crisis... yet for some reson .. he is still active during the crisis :p

oh and i really like the relationship betewwn batman and ollie in #6 of crisis..

Ollie: Hey, Dark knight. What about me? Why the hell'd you call a guy who can shoot trick arrows?
    Bruce: Just to see if you'd show.

that was funny :p but odd considerting that ollie was in a coma at the time

19. Superman: Idols Lord of Unseen Cities

I thought it meant that Ollie was in a coma durign part of the "lost year" timeline (before he got to the island.)

20. Kebab gud Registered

Crisis starts about the same time as ollie gets the arrows thrugh his chest.. yet in infinite crisis #6 he is shownt to be on his feet and kicking but .. yet in GA he is in a coma and later in a wheelchair ... before he starts kicking but again..

[​IMG]

another problem i have (this time with 52) is that ollie spendt about a year on the island.. but in 52 he is shown very early on.

21. Infinity9999x Registered

Yeah, well I just assumed since there was never really a direct border cut off from where Golden Age supes ended and Silver age supes began, that E2 Superman was a planet mover. That and, in COIE, E2 supes is throwing asteriods and such at the Anti-Monitor, as well as delivering the final punch that destroys him. I just thought it didn't really fit that our Superman could knock out SBP if SBP was powerful enough to kill a Superman that could chuck asteroids around like nothing. I didn't think our Superman was quite that powerful.

22. yenaled 3X2(9YZ)4A

All those can be summed up by Winick is ****.

23. BrianWilly Disciple of Whedon

I think it makes more sense if you look at it like the events of Green Arrow -- the whole Dr. Light attak and everything afterwards -- happen after Infinite Crisis. That is, Ollie helps out Batman, fights in Metropolis, then goes home and then Star City is under attack.

Green Arrow does contradict the events of 52, though, since Ollie was supposed to be on that island for months and in 52 he was back in Star City and running for mayor pretty early on. Nothing we can do to salvage that continuity mistake:O.

24. Kebab gud Registered

it whould make sense .. but that not how the story goes..
    Deathstroke blows up ollies house, ollie and black lightning goes after Dr light blah balh blah Dr.light blows up 1/3 of star city and then the crisis..

25. yenaled 3X2(9YZ)4A

Winnick is ****.