The Infinite Crisis Thread (SPOILERS)

Henri DuCard said:
will superman save the universe....

Not this time around.

I think the crisis is about handing over the mantle to a succesor much like COIE was for Barry and Wally.

ONly this time I think it's Bruce and Dick

The image of the Specter had the Bat signal coincidentaly close to the center of his chest

KAD said:
Well of course hes the original or at least most powerful

That doesnt mean that he is the center of the story.

The end of COIE brought back my appreciation of the Superman Family

But I in no way (Other than Kara ) left that series felling they were the focus.

I thought it was pretty broad

Pre Crisis Supes,Bats, and Wondy were sort of bit players

Supergirl, Flash and the Villains carried the day.

However in the end when the crap hits the fan it would be great if Superman was there once again. IMHO

Anybody no why supes had the grey hair?

Is it the same thing that happend to Hal?

Pksoze said:
I thought it was pretty broad

Pre Crisis Supes,Bats, and Wondy were sort of bit players

Supergirl, Flash and the Villains carried the day.

However in the end when the crap hits the fan it would be great if Superman was there once again. IMHO

OH I am most certain he will be

But calling him the focus is like calling the IW the focus of every FF story because she's the most powerful

The Joker™ said:
Anybody no why supes had the grey hair?

Is it the same thing that happend to Hal?

That was earth 2 pre crisis Superman from the Crisis

KAD said:
OH I am most certain he will be

But calling him the focus is like calling the IW the focus of every FF story because she's the most powerful

I think the trinity will be the focus actually.

Johns I think will ultimately have them there at the end.

All-Star Superman said:
Flash was not the major player he was the major person who died and become a legend after that but he was not the person they foucsed on the most. When a crisis comes they always foucs on the Superman-Family.

My god, does your superman ass kissing get annoying

Pksoze said:
I think the trinity will be the focus actually.

Johns I think will ultimately have them there at the end.

The Trinity will be reunited at the end only it wont be the samer Trinity

Remember this quote from issue 1
"It's not about control, It's about doing everything I can"

Supergirl said:
It's not the original Superboy, its Earth Prime Superboy ;)

ohhhh....

so wheres the original superboy then?

The Batman said:
ohhhh....

so wheres the original superboy then?

In continuity terms no it's not the original,

But in real world terms it is.

Oh, ok.

i'd like to see him and conner duke it out....

you know...Earth 2 Supes coming back to clean things up was real symbolic for me...

its as if...the real superman burst though that barrier to save the DCU, since this powered down marvelized post-crisis version cant do it.

The Joker™ said:
:confused:

How many Supermans are there? :joker:

Before 1985 there were two Supermen.

The first one was the Golden Age Superman. The one who debuted in 1938. His stories were in a series called Superman Family. The difference was he was and was older editor of the Daily Star. He was also married to Lois. Power Girl was his cousin.

The other Supes was the Silver Age version who was very powerful and was the main focus of the Supes titles till 1985. He worked in the Planet and wasn't married. Supergirl was his cousin.

Anyway Golden Age Supes stopped a really bad guy called the Anti Monitor and was returned to paradise. The thing was everybody forgot he ever existed. And its been that way for 20 years.

supermans back back again and I think there will be a fight between the superman to give this universes superman the hint that its time to get off his butt and do something.Oh and from seeing supes again I must say [spolier]I think the anti-moniter is coming back[/spoiler]

so it appears they're reviving the mutliple earths stuff, which will work for the time being as im sure they have it all planned out...but what about in the future? it seems continuity to become a jumbled mess again.

who said the multiple earths were here to stay??

I think this whole thing will lead into the choice of whether to reinstitute the Multiple Earths or not. That at least could be what the solicitations about Batman and Green Arrow deciding whether to choose a world with their "wildest desires" mean.

Hrm......very interesting and damn does this series start off with a real bang:)

The Batman said:
who said the multiple earths were here to stay??

well, no one said it will stay...but it IS a possibility at this point. i personally hope they dont stay...if they want to utilize the multiple earths stuff to support the story of this series, thats cool...but i hope its not something that lingers around afterwards because it'd be destined to get screwed up again years from now.

personally, i doubt it. i think they want the DCU as streamlined as possible. if anything, i bet Earth 2 Supes, Prime Superboy, and all those guys end up dying in IC

Batman a the Spectre can't wait to see that, if it happens

Maybe they're the whole reason why reality's started unraveling and they'll realize it in the end.

I figured it was the "survivors" of the original Crisis about halfway through the comic. The silhouette of the hair and the holier-than-thou narration about how the heroes had squandered their single universe tipped me off. Great start regardless, though. I can't wait to see how all of the threads come together. I'm looking forward to what "Truth and Justice" is, too.

Motown Marvel said:
so it appears they're reviving the mutliple earths stuff, which will work for the time being as im sure they have it all planned out...but what about in the future? it seems continuity to become a jumbled mess again.

well as of right now, there aren't multiple earths... the characters who survived COIE are around, but their original earths are gone

The Batman said:
personally, i doubt it. i think they want the DCU as streamlined as possible. if anything, i bet Earth 2 Supes, Prime Superboy, and all those guys end up dying in IC

i have a hunch we are going to see a reboot of some characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"