The unREAL DC Boards Lounge 6.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
too bad she wont step foot in detroit, i'd probably get kicked out of the motor city con for the **** i'll ask her. i'm not gonna get thrown out of Chicago, but i do wanna piss her off some how. maybe take her 2 teen titans comics (art by Liefield) and just have her sign them and tell her how good they were like the best ever in the most obviously sarcastic voice of all time. i dunno, i'll think od something.

hmm..i do have her pm to me from comicbloc where she promised that's she'd pay me back for every ****** comic i ever bought of hers if i ever met her.

do you think some fans are little harder on her because she is a female? maybe some underlying women hatin' resentment?

too bad she wont step foot in detroit, i'd probably get kicked out of the motor city con for the **** i'll ask her. i'm not gonna get thrown out of Chicago, but i do wanna piss her off some how. maybe take her 2 teen titans comics (art by Liefield) and just have her sign them and tell her how good they were like the best ever in the most obviously sarcastic voice of all time. i dunno, i'll think od something.

hmm..i do have her pm to me from comicbloc where she promised that's she'd pay me back for every ****** comic i ever bought of hers if i ever met her.
you very much need to find that and go in with all her comics that you own

do you think some fans are little harder on her because she is a female? maybe some underlying women hatin' resentment?
no, i think some fans are harder on her because she's a complainer. and she can't write batman halfway decent for even a single page

Simone seems to have a tendency to overdo it when it comes to feminism, but that's not always the case. Perhaps that's where the resentment comes from.

Personally, I don't see it.

i have it printed out but upon rereading it was only for the 2 teen titans comics :(

I don't know if it's because she's female, but I think Assy's borderline stalker-level about his Simone hate. It's a little creepy...

maybe because she is a female writer and not terribly attractive?? I bet if she looked like Jessica Chobot (fraud!!!), fans would go easier

Fans seem to be pretty okay with Simone for the most part. I like her and her attractiveness has nothing to do with it. I think she writes good comics (although ironically Wonder Woman is not among them) and I tend to agree with her opinions on various things.

no, i think some fans are harder on her because she's a complainer. and she can't write batman halfway decent for even a single page

Pretty much. She loves to complain about ****, about everything really and it's ****ing annoying. I also find her to a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to issues of the portrayal of women in comics.

Fans seem to be pretty okay with Simone for the most part. I like her and her attractiveness has nothing to do with it. I think she writes good comics (although ironically Wonder Woman is not among them) and I tend to agree with her opinions on various things.

:up:

I agree with her about pretty much everything and think she is one of the best writers in comic books

She is my favourite writer ever. She writes the kind of comic books and the kind of characters I love

She writes :awesome: female characters and great lgbt characters and i loves her personality and attitude with so much love

Also I loves how much she supports gay rights and womens rights

She be fab

Gail Simone gets the :up: from me. She is :awesome: sauce in toast in every way

Last edited:
:up:

I agree with her about pretty much everything and think she is one of the best writers in comic books

She is my favourite writer ever. She writes the kind of comic books and the kind of characters I love

She writes :awesome: female characters and great lgbt characters and i loves her personality and attitude with so much love

Gail Simone gets the :up: from me. She is :awesome: sauce in toast in every way

Oh please. She writes ok female characters. She falls into the same misogynistic writing cliches she condemns other writers for, for God's sake she works almost exclusively with Ed Benes.

Also, she doesn't give a **** about gay or women's rights, that's just her bread and butter. That's what sells books for her and keeps her employed.

indeed, Darth

it's what we objective folks like to call "pandering to your base"

I do not see anything misogynist in any of her comic books. Ed Benes art is not misogynistic it is hawt

I am confuzzled

Her female characters are fun kick ass hawt and fab :up:

I think that she does care about gay rights and womens rights. That is one if the reasons I dig her :up:

indeed, Darth

Exactly.

I do not see anything misogynist in any of her comic books. Ed Benes art is not misogynistic it is hawt

I am confuzzled

Her female characters are fun kick ass hawt and fab :up:

I think that she does care about gay rights and womens rights. That is one if the reasons I dig her :up:

Seriously?:dry:

Yeah, her characters are fun, kick ass and hawt until they become shadows of their former selves and adopt kids for no reason or some other dumb ****.

Open your eyes.

she does it to sell books....that's all

she does it because she's a female writer in a male dominated industry and she knows that writing about certain things will cater to her base

indeed, Darth

Does not bother me

I want to see more well written lgbt characters in comic books

Simone writes great lgbt characters

That is all i care about. That is how i feel.

And there is nothing wrong with liking a writer because they care about people like you. Or who gives you characters you can relate to. And who can maybe help you feel better about yourself and your life by writing great lgbt characters instead of nothing but white heterosexual males and treating those characters with respect

I think she does. Maybe i am wrong.

She writes great lgbt characters and fun comic books. So i loves her :up:

That is all I have got to say. Today has sucked. I am tired and i am miserable and i am in a lousy mood. Let's talk about something silly and fun

Please Blanty. I am actually being serious here. I need you to be nice tonight :csad:

Normally i loves you being a sourpuss and a cynic. Tonight lets just be wacky

Who would win in a fight between Sharktopus Mega python chuck Norris and axe cop :awesome:

Last edited:
Gail simone can rally around women's and gay rights all day long. At the end of the day, she writes comics with half naked chicks running around showering together and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"