Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes recasting is the best idea. However, I'm not one of these reboot haters who seem too concerned with being trendy for my tastes rather than being interested in whatever is the best idea for a good story(3-D haters are also the same way). Sometimes a reboot gives you opportunities that you simply couldn't get with another straight sequel. Sometimes, a reboot can even adhere to source material more closely than a previous incarnation and thus give fans the ability to see a scene that might not have worked in the other series.

As a long time Iron Man fan, I've always wanted to see Stark & Rhodes meet for the first time over in the war zone that Stark was escaping from. That is a scene that will be impossible w/o the use of a reboot. The same thing goes for a comics-accurate Edwin Jarvis, or seeing Obidiah Stane or Justin Hammer adhereing even closer(in Hammer's case, much closer) to their comics counterparts. I am not criticizing the choices that Fav's made. He did the most important thing anyone could have done....he made Iron Man a viable, likely permanent movie franchise that will allow room in the future to change things for the better via reboots and such.

Nah, stupid rumors from AICN (like the one with Matrix 4 & 5 in 3D!) I'm patiently waiting for Marvel to have an official press release for Black or whoever will direct Iron Man 3, cause right now I don't believe anything!

Would be great, if they will decide to announce the new director on San Diego Comic-Con 2011. Just imagine: the whole cast of the Avengers - some footage from the movie (they'll have it, cause the shooting starts in April) & the announcement)

I like the entire idea of this except the real world villain thing. Does that mean we won't see Mandarin?

While Hammer's and Stane's rings are just to show they're part of his organization, Mandarin's rings should be made into weapons. Otherwise that will take away from his moveset, imagine Spider-Man not shooting webs from his wrists be it mechanical or organic.

Whoa, wait a minute, since when was Hammer a part of Ten Rings? Have I missed something? :huh:

I don't see why he wouldn't be used. He sure doesn't fit the description of two metal men fighting. There's nothing magical or otherworldly about him except for the ring which they could easily incorporate into real world weapons. Now if they had said "well we gotta go with another guy in a metal suit" THEN there would be cause for concern.

Like I said before, the Haunted storyline would be perfect if they want to go the Tom Clancy route which had the best version of the Mandarin to date.

Whoa, wait a minute, since when was Hammer a part of Ten Rings? Have I missed something? :huh:

It was never said in the movie but Favreau (or someone else) confirmed it. They mentioned his pinky finger.

I think the novel said it.

But its been pretty much common knowledge since the beginning that he was/is part of the Ten Rings like Stane.

Downey, Paltrow, and Black himself have all confirmed he's directing it, and Black just commented the other day on the script he's writing.

There hasn't been an official press release from Marvel yet, but when have they ever made an announcement before everyone already knew about it beforehand? :oldrazz:

Downey, Paltrow, and Black himself have all confirmed he's directing it, and Black just commented the other day on the script he's writing.

There hasn't been an official press release from Marvel yet, but when have they ever made an announcement before everyone already knew about it beforehand? :oldrazz:
Favreau, Branagh & Johnston had an announcement. Whedon had his SDCC'10 announcement. Black has nothing :word:

Well, they said he was close (in talks) to directing IM3, but they didn't said he was already appointed as the director of the movie.

Everytime Deadline or THR say so and so is in final negotiations on directing a movie means they're going to be directing.

Shane Black confirmed at Omaha Film Festival that he's directing and he's going to be meeting with RDJ this week. That wasn't some rumor that AICN made up.

Favreau, Branagh & Johnston had an announcement. Whedon had his SDCC'10 announcement. Black has nothing :word:

Marvel.com never had an announcement for Favreau, it was the same thing with Black, Favreau was in final negotiations mere weeks before comic con when he was officially announced at Comic Con, but people already knew he was going to be directing so it was no big surprise. Same thing with Whedon, pretty much everyone knew he was going to direct the Avengers weeks before being officially announced at CC. Again no one was surprised he got the job.

The difference with Black is they got him WAAAAY before Comic Con. Which is actually a good thing, he's got a couple months head start than what Favreau did in the first one.

Last edited:
Okay, whatever, just let them finally bring the Mandarin to the big screen.

I will raise holy hell if Mandarin isn't in the third.

Awesome avvy btw.:cool:

I will raise holy hell if Mandarin isn't in the third.

Awesome avvy btw.:cool:
Thanks) I would really, really like to see the Knaufs version of the character)

24370L.jpg

Yep.

The Haunted storyline is the way to go if they want to have Iron Man meets Tom Clancy, plus Mandarin was a complete badass in that.

Mandarin needs to be a Ra's Al Ghul with high tech weaponry, Sun Tzu type strategist and philosopher, expert martial artist that can crack Tony's armor with his blows, and mention he's a descendant of Genghis Khan.

Also he should be a mystery, no one really knows his real name, like in the comics, he goes by Gene Khan, Zhang Tong, Tem Borjigin, so SHEILD gives him code name Mandarin.

Yep.

The Haunted storyline is the way to go if they want to have Iron Man meets Tom Clancy, plus Mandarin was a complete badass in that.

Mandarin needs to be a Ra's Al Ghul with high tech weaponry, Sun Tzu type strategist and philosopher, expert martial artist that can crack Tony's armor with his blows, and mention he's a descendant of Genghis Khan.

Also he should be a mystery, no one really knows his real name, like in the comics, he goes by Gene Khan, Zhang Tong, Tem Borjigin, so SHEILD gives him code name Mandarin.
Exactly! Couldn't have said it better) Hope the Mandarin's rings would be something between both magic & hight tech (especially after Thor comes out).

I sure hope they don't do the martial arts mastery-beats-armor thing. That never made any sense to me. If you're going to do that then just drop the other shoe and call it magic. That's what it'd have to be. Now the rings as highly sophisticated weapons of either his own design or mingled(loosely) with suggestions of possible alien origins....that I'm all for.

I sure hope they don't do the martial arts mastery-beats-armor thing. That never made any sense to me. If you're going to do that then just drop the other shoe and call it magic. That's what it'd have to be. Now the rings as highly sophisticated weapons of either his own design or mingled(loosely) with suggestions of possible alien origins....that I'm all for.
Agreed. I wonder, if Black will use Justin Hammer once again.

Yep.

I would pay good money to see this movie.

Yep.

Good to know that that Tom Clancy route would still allow for an awesome supervillain. I was worried for a bit.

Well, it's not really much different than if before BB & TDK they had said "We're taking Batman in a Michael Mann route".

I get what they mean with the Tom Clancy stuff. It's supposed to be a techno-thriller that also happens to star Iron Man....who fits in perfectly in that sub-genre.

Iron Man comic is all about saving the world from man-made disaster. I don't know if they meant this to be the "Tom Clancy" stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"