Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony Stark is always a *****e and that is why we love him.

Part 3 should be a combo of the Extremis and Haunted storylines.

Mandarin as the big bad.
Villains would be Ghost (used to infiltrate and steal Extremis) and Extremis enhanced test subjects.

No metal men beating each other up and that would be the Clancy type thriller they wanted.

Jon_Favreau_Having_The_Moment_article_story_main.jpg

At Wondercon, Favreau was asked if he might still play Happy Hogan in Iron Man 3. Said he loves Shane Black and is open to it. "I love that franchise."

It will be great if Favreau has a chance to reprise his role as Happy Hogan.

Happy coming back would be good. But if he doesn't, whatever. He wasn't exactly a central character in the last 2 films. He got more material in IM2, yes, but we can lose him.

These have to be fairly recent!!

Iron Man 3 :

The Mandarin as the big bad and leader of the Ten Rings and sends out Ghost and Madame Masque to infiltrate Stark Industries and corrupt the company from the inside out. We find out that Stane, Hammer and the man who helped Vanko with the passport are all members of Ten Rings(I'd want to see someone going after and killing Hammer to start the "mystery" that Shane Black keeps referring to; perhaps Madame Masque does this).

Ghost messes up with all of Stark's technology and it doesn't become useful anymore, so the final battle between Mandarin and Iron Man involves Tony having to rely on the Mark I armor.

Ghost is killed, Madame Masque is defeated and arrested.

Mandarin is worshipping a giant serpent in the form of Fin Fang Foom which he thinks will engulf the world(kinda like Norse beliefs) and his ten rings are technological advanced rings where he can control pretty much anything. His storyline could be left wide in the open, instead of just death or being arrested.

War Machine decides to go out and start saving people on his own to start a War Machine spin-off.

Part 3 should be a combo of the Extremis and Haunted storylines.
Mandarin as the big bad.
Villains would be Ghost (used to infiltrate and steal Extremis) and Extremis enhanced test subjects.

No metal men beating each other up and that would be the Clancy type thriller they wanted.

This all sounds spot on to me, especially the mixture of those 2 storylines, I think that would make a great IM3.

As long as they use Mandarin for the villain its all good. Whiplash was really lackluster for me.

Iron Man 3 :

The Mandarin as the big bad and leader of the Ten Rings and sends out Ghost and Madame Masque to infiltrate Stark Industries and corrupt the company from the inside out. We find out that Stane, Hammer and the man who helped Vanko with the passport are all members of Ten Rings(I'd want to see someone going after and killing Hammer to start the "mystery" that Shane Black keeps referring to; perhaps Madame Masque does this).

Ghost messes up with all of Stark's technology and it doesn't become useful anymore, so the final battle between Mandarin and Iron Man involves Tony having to rely on the Mark I armor.

Mandarin is worshipping a giant serpent in the form of Fin Fang Foom which he thinks will engulf the world(kinda like Norse beliefs) and his ten rings are technological advanced rings where he can control pretty much anything. His storyline could be left wide in the open, instead of just death or being arrested.

War Machine decides to go out and start saving people on his own to start a War Machine spin-off.
i like the idea, but i would make it that anton vanko was a member of the 10 rings, the movie could start with mandarin retreiving the ring from the corpse of ivan vanko, who was wearing it in memory of his father or something.

I didn't say Anton Vanko was because I don't really want to touch on anything that would mess up continuity given in Anton's backstory. Plus, I don't think Ivan was wearing a ring, was he? And was Anton?

Iron Man 3 :

Hmm, I think Mandarin, Ghost AND Madame Masque seems a bit overkill IMO. I think Mandarin & Ghost would be enough. Maybe a small non-supervillain type villain(like Justin Hammer returning or someone else) would work in there as well. But I'm really resistant to using Masque as a lackey. Aside from the Mandarin himself, she's about the only remaining member of Iron Man's rogue's gallery that I have no difficulty seeing as being able to be a main threat and carry a film. Maybe some others could as well but they'd need(a lot of) tweaking.

It isn't overkill the way I think it could be, imo. Mandarin will only be used in the background and shadows until the very end. Besides, Mandarin seems to be someone who just works in the shadows with having the Ten Rings. No use of him fighting any battles until Tony comes to his front door for a fight.

And regarding Madame Masque, it's time we see her as there will obviously not be a fourth film, lol. Unless they use MM for a War Machine film.

I didn't say Anton Vanko was because I don't really want to touch on anything that would mess up continuity given in Anton's backstory. Plus, I don't think Ivan was wearing a ring, was he? And was Anton?
well, its not in the suspension of disbelief that he wore a ring underneath his final suit. just explain it away, like during his autopsy they find a ring on his finger or on his necklace or something. i just think it would be a cool idea. maybe have it that mandarin is much older than stark and had tried to induct howard stark into the ten rings years ago, anton was also a member, hence why stark had him deported, and stark declined the offer resulting in his "car crash." idk. just a couple of thoughts.

It isn't overkill the way I think it could be, imo. Mandarin will only be used in the background and shadows until the very end. Besides, Mandarin seems to be someone who just works in the shadows with having the Ten Rings. No use of him fighting any battles until Tony comes to his front door for a fight.

And regarding Madame Masque, it's time we see her as there will obviously not be a fourth film, lol. Unless they use MM for a War Machine film.

I highly doubt that. Maybe no fourth film w/ the current cast but they'll be making Iron Man films for a long time I think. Just like they keep makin Superman, Batman, Spider-Man & X-Men films.

Like I said in another thread, Heeeeeeell no, no main Iron Man villain (MM, Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo etc.) should ever be introduced in any movie not named Iron Man *something* or in a film with Iron Man in the credits.

As far as there not being a 4th film, lol, maybe not with RDJ, but there will be a 4th, 5th, 6th etc before a War Machine movie.

Iron Man is just under Spider-Man and Batman as far as movie money is concerned, I highly doubt they're done with the franchise anytime soon.

Iron Man 3 should have the Mandarin as the main villain and Fin Fang Foom as an ancient robor creation or something like that.

well, its not in the suspension of disbelief that he wore a ring underneath his final suit. just explain it away, like during his autopsy they find a ring on his finger or on his necklace or something. i just think it would be a cool idea. maybe have it that mandarin is much older than stark and had tried to induct howard stark into the ten rings years ago, anton was also a member, hence why stark had him deported, and stark declined the offer resulting in his "car crash." idk. just a couple of thoughts.

Well, that's cool you would add that and I'm not saying "no, don't do that", but it's not something I would really add, imo. The Vankos, I think they were part of their own thing, but I don't see them as part of the Ten Rings. The man who helped Ivan, however, I could see part of the TR. And with Hammer being part of them as well, it would make some sense that someone in the Ten Rings saw potential in Ivan and that's more of the reason why he brought Ivan back to the US.

I highly doubt that. Maybe no fourth film w/ the current cast but they'll be making Iron Man films for a long time I think. Just like they keep makin Superman, Batman, Spider-Man & X-Men films.

As far as there not being a 4th film, lol, maybe not with RDJ, but there will be a 4th, 5th, 6th etc before a War Machine movie.

Iron Man is just under Spider-Man and Batman as far as movie money is concerned, I highly doubt they're done with the franchise anytime soon.

:doh:

I thought what I said would quickly mean that I was referring to the RDJ-era of Iron Man films. Sure, I am aware that we will get as many Iron Man films as we will get of Spider-Man, Batman or even Superman, but I am only talking about the fact that we will not, most likely, receive a fourth Iron Man film with RDJ as Tony Stark. And with that, I think we will get more of the lines of Ultimate Iron Man after RDJ's trilogy, imo.

Like I said in another thread, Heeeeeeell no, no main Iron Man villain (MM, Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo etc.) should ever be introduced in any movie not named Iron Man *something* or in a film with Iron Man in the credits.

Well, one reason why I want MM to be used in IM3. I think we could get a great story with having at least one female villain in the mix.

But, I wonder...who would be a good villain for a War Machine spin-off?

I wouldn't mind MM in this third one, especially if Hammer doesn't return. She could be part of the Ten Rings since I doubt they'll introduce the mob in these movies and the one with the connection to Ghost like in the comics. Its not like she'd be a physical threat for Tony or in a suit.

As for War Machine, an evil dictator, terrorists (AIM maybe) or Firepower who he actually has history with in the comics would be nice villains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"