The Jared Leto is The Joker(?) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom

I got nothin'
Reaction score
While not officially confirmed, it seems reasonable to assume that Jared Leto will be popping up in Affleck's solo film in some capacity.

What will his involvement be? Will he be the main villain or part of an ensemble? Will Affleck keep the tats and grillz? And after seeing Suicide Squad, are you even interested in seeing him again? Let's speculate wildly!

Honestly, I don't see Affleck putting up with Leto's ******** and since Affleck is WB's golden boy, I'm thinking a recast.

Reaction to him seems mixed, but the problem seems more with the material than the actor, so I suspect Leto will stick around, but they will likely write and suit him up better.

My thing is... if we don't see Leto's Joker in this film, where will we ever see him again? This is why he's undoubtedly going to be a part of this movie.

I'd like to see The Joker in the Ben Affleck solo Batman movie, for sure. To get around the problem of "Ugh, another Batman movie with Joker as the villain?" complaints, I would throw him in the mix as a kind of spoiler for the primary villain and whatever their plans are, working all angles to his own crazed ends.

I think if Harley is also in the movie there would be less of 'ugh Joker again' complaints. Would really like Margot to be in Affleck's film he gets amazing performances from his actresses

If the rumored Arkham Asylum story is true, then Joker could be the main villain without hearing the complaints again because Harley would likely have a big role with maybe some of the suicide squad making appearances as well as new villains on film.

Yeah, after Suicide Squad I really want Joker to have a meaty role. Not just "one of the villains" if the Arkham rumor is true. I want Leto to be able to let loose, give it his all, go full crazy.

Joker needs a meatier role now more than ever. I don't know if they can afford another tepid response for this character.

Give us a proper Mad Love film, Bonnie and Clyde style.

I think Joker will show up he would have to given how everything in Suicide Squad went down

Joker needs a meatier role now more than ever. I don't know if they can afford another tepid response for this character.

Agreed.

After "Arkham" games I am pretty sick of using Joker over and over, but I'd like to see Leto's Joker in Batman solo, to get a proper verdict for his portrayal.

I'd still rather him be in under the red hood. Meaty role without being the main antagonist.

Under the Red Hood would be so good. I'm also cool with an Arkham movie. Either would be amazing and both would utilize Joker! So yeah I want Leto in the next movie even though I refuse to see SS until they release a directors cut

Use the rumour idea of him being robin to get rid of him. Then have the original joker still be alive. I think people will be less harsh on leto if he's not the real joker.

Do a warped version of under the red hood where robin is not only the red hood, but the joker too.

Ew no. Leto is fine as joker. He just needs more/better material to work with.

I appreciate the idea in a weird way... but please, no. It would totally ruin Harley by proxy.

But how are they supposed to fix this when suicide squad is still in continuity? Are we going to assume the joker had laser surgery to remove his tattoos? And he also somehow grew eyebrows? They can't really fix his appearance and do a 180 on his personality to ditch the rock star persona, without completely reinventing his character.

His appearance really needs a major overhaul. He looks terrible. His facial features need to be accentuated more. He needs slightly bigger eyebrow ridges, with actual eyebrows to go with. I'm not digging the Mona Lisa look for the joker. Lose the grill, and the tattoos. Make his hair dirty and messy.

I always thought he would look cool if he looks old too. Like make his skin look old, dry, wrinkly

They can fix the grill by having Batman knock the teeth out, and he has to get new choppers, going with normal teeth. Just a thought.

Leto's Joker would've probably been terrific had most of his scenes not ended up on the cutting room floor. I really hope he's in this movie as the main villain

They can fix the grill by having Batman knock the teeth out, and he has to get new choppers, going with normal teeth. Just a thought.

Grills are great to me. They change Leto's facial structure a bit and make him appear very Conrad Veidt-ish in some scenes.

To be honest, even tattoos didn't bother me all that much in the film itself. I'd still like to see them gone, but I've grown fond of this Joker's aesthetic for most part, especially the flamboyant blazers he wore. The biggest problem (or "damage" if you will :oldrazz:) Ayer did is unfortunately not surface level and can't be fixed so easily... I'm talking about drawing from Azzarello's "Joker" and going for a gangster approach. Ayer, with his gangsta culture fetish, shouldn't have been the one to establish the Joker in this universe.

By the way, I think it's safe to say that this is the most demented Joker we had in live action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"