The Jared Leto is The Joker(?) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OwL6fx9.jpg

Literally a thousand times better than what we got

Also gives me a Tyrell from Mr. Robot / Mads Mikkelsen Hannibal vibe

I feel like no one even wants to see Joker for the next decade after that travesty. Now, people are even MORE convinced that Heath Ledger can never be topped.

I want a lot more of him. Love Leto in the role and the whole vibe of this Joker.

I hope they cut Leto out of the DCeU entirely... Batman has way too many worthy villains for us to see that trash again. Just my opinion, unless they change him completely.

Precisely.

I hope they cut Leto out of the DCeU entirely... Batman has way too many worthy villains for us to see that trash again. Just my opinion, unless they change him completely.

I honestly don't think that's going to happen.

By that logic, Eisenberg's Lex should have been cut out from appearing in anything else, and we already know he's gonna be in Justice League.

The important thing is, you utilize what little potential there is in there and actually bring out a good performance and better characterization for the Joker, which is something I believe Affleck could do in spades.

I honestly don't think that's going to happen.

By that logic, Eisenberg's Lex should have been cut out from appearing in anything else, and we already know he's gonna be in Justice League.

The important thing is, you utilize what little potential there is in there and actually bring out a good performance and better characterization for the Joker, which is something I believe Affleck could do in spades.
Maybe they should've cut his Lex Luthor.

Depending on how big his role is in it, they still might. The slashed SS to ribbons in the editing room.

I can just as easily imagine him not appearing in the DCEU again. Really, it just boils down to where does he fit in?

It's easy to just assume he'll play a part in the Batman solo film, but that's no sure thing. It could very well be Batman versus Deathstroke and that's that. So if not the Batman solo, what then?

Justice League 2? Possible, but considering they're laying the groundwork for Darkseid, that seems doubtful to me.

There's the Harley Quinn spinoff, which seems like the safest bet at this point. But again, without knowing what that movie's going to be about, nobody can say it's a sure thing. It could a Bonnie and Clyde style film with Joker and Harley. Or it could be a Birds of Prey or Gotham Sirens film.

The ending of SS does point to a continued involvement in the DCEU. At least at the time, they had plans for Joker and Harley. Ultimately, we'll have to see if that's still the case or if things have changed.

Last edited:
I can just as easily imagine him not appearing in the DCEU again. Really, it just boils down to where does he fit in?

It's easy to just assume he'll play a part in the Batman solo film, but that's no sure thing. It could very well be Batman versus Deathstroke and that's that. So if not the Batman solo, what then?

Justice League 2? Possible, but considering they're laying the groundwork for Darkseid, that seems doubtful to me.

There's the Harley Quinn spinoff, which seems like the safest bet at this point. But again, without knowing what that movie's going to be about, nobody can say it's a sure thing. It could a Bonnie and Clyde style film with Joker and Harley. Or it could be a Birds of Prey or Gotham Sirens film.

The ending of SS does point to a continued involvement in the DCEU. At least at the time, they had plans for Joker and Harley. Ultimately, we'll have to see if that's still the case or if things have changed.

I think they will use the Joker and heavily in an eventual Batman film but at the same the potential plans for the immediate run may have been scuppered.
I think until BvS backlash the idea was to do an UTRH adaptation but between the not so stellar response to BvS, TKJ animated film and SS's Joker that may have changed. Sure they may have made money but there's no guarantee that audiences will be tricked again with such a polarizing WOM. With Joker they've run in to fatigue, there isn't much they can do with him without it being dark and depressive, an angle they want to distance themselves from currently.
Deathstroke brings an interesting situation, in the Batman side of things he's affiliated with Dick Grayson and more recently Damian Wayne(even in comics) and generally with the Teen Titans while the hottest Joker arc for a film is UTRH which has Jason. Deathstroke may well represent a huge symbolic shift in direction and tone for this universe.
As of right now DCEU Joker was merely a prop to set up Harley and I see him in that same role in a potential HQ spinoff, sucks to be Leto:o

I want a lot more of him. Love Leto in the role and the whole vibe of this Joker.

Same. Hell, had he been the main villain of SS and not Enchantress, the final result would've been a billion times better.

That would've just made so much more sense, especially given his close connection to one of its members.

Same. Hell, had he been the main villain of SS and not Enchantress, the final result would've been a billion times better.

That would've just made so much more sense, especially given his close connection to one of its members.

Yep. I have a feeling Warner wanted a more "explosive blockbuster" villain, and we all know how that ended...

I'm pumped to see Affleck work with Leto/Joker!

I want Leto back. I want Robin/Joker and Batgirl/Joker flashbacks. I also reeeeeeally want a Batman/Joker battle in an amusement park a la TDKR or TKJ

Agreed. I want all of those things far, far more than I want to see Deathstroke. Which is why I'm hoping he's the one with the minor role & the Joker takes center stage. There's so much to work with & they need to get Affleck & Leto on-screen together asap.

We saw how well Keaton/Nicholson worked together & how brilliantly Bale/Ledger worked together. Now I want to see how the dynamic plays out between Affleck/Leto. Especially given that unlike the last two pairings they've already been at this for decades & have almost endless history together as is.

I hope he isn't in it at all. Unless, like many said above, they completely "reboot" him.

I'm just pumped to see more of Joker, even if it's in a smaller, Red Hood type role. I do think that could lead to him and Harley splitting, since she took credit for killing Jason, he could try and sacrifice her to save his own skin.

Yeah, I'd completely change his look and performance.

I hope he isn't in it at all. Unless, like many said above, they completely "reboot" him.

Yeah, I'd completely change his look and performance.

I third this. The SS version was just bad, visually and character wise. This Joker needs to be taken back to the drawing board.

Last edited:
I don't. The Joker in Suicide Squad was cool. Too bad they cut most of Leto's scenes, and the character didn't have much left in the final cut.

I don't. The Joker in Suicide Squad was cool. Too bad they cut most of Leto's scenes, and the character didn't have much left in the final cut.

Does anyone ever consider that they cut a lot of his scenes because they weren't impressed with how he turned out?

They left out most of his scenes because the studio (with help from Trailer Park) did a huge cleaning job in order to make the movie more PC, family-friendly and lighter. And with the Joker being the Joker, and much of his scenes involving his abusive relationship with Harley Quinn (as seen in the animated series and comics) and doing some pretty messed up stuff (the tatooed guy was originally going to shoot himself), you can imagine why most of his scenes were left on the cutting room floor.

They even tinkered with the helicopter scene, to make it seem like him throwing Harley out of the 'Copter was some kind of heroic love act (he was originally supposed to throw her out before the helicopter is shot).

I kinda liked the Joker in Suicide Squad and I think his role got cut in the editing process to the extent that it definitely hurt the overall performance. The night-club scene was supposed to different, he had more to do before torturing Harley that we didn't get to see, him banging his head against the window of his car and what about the scene with the grenade, where was it in the movie?

I agree with -JKR- that WB wanted to make SS more kid-friendly and PC and that took the sting out of Leto's Joker in SS. I still don't think David Ayer was the right person to bring the Joker to life, he did a fantastic job with the Skwad members but his Joker was kinda unmemorable/unremarkable so I hope Affleck and Johns has something great in store for us.

They left out most of his scenes because the studio (with help from Trailer Park) did a huge cleaning job in order to make the movie more PC, family-friendly and lighter. And with the Joker being the Joker, and much of his scenes involving his abusive relationship with Harley Quinn (as seen in the animated series and comics) and doing some pretty messed up stuff (the tatooed guy was originally going to shoot himself), you can imagine why most of his scenes were left on the cutting room floor.

They even tinkered with the helicopter scene, to make it seem like him throwing Harley out of the 'Copter was some kind of heroic love act (he was originally supposed to throw her out before the helicopter is shot).

Deleting all of the abuse scenes also made the chase scene really weird. The movie was edited to make Joker be genuinely in love with Harley instead of her being property to him so Joker leaving Harley to die instead of taking her with him out of the car really contradicts the characterization that WB wanted for that love sick Joker.

I think it's laughable for people to actually believe Affleck would want Leto to be recast. That's asinine. If anything, he sees the potential there and would know how to reign Leto in much in the same way Nolan did with Ledger.

Imo, the smart move (after cutting out most of his performance from SS) is to have him be the main villain of this first solo movie. To Hell with Deathstroke, let's get more of the Joker.

I can agree with this, but I'd also want Deathstroke included to offer something new, too. Perhaps a The Good, The Bad and The Ugly type of deal with Batman, Joker and Deathstroke.

Either way, I believe in Leto's Joker.

I'm calling it now. I think the Joker will have a small-ish role in the movie, but be a big presence in the showdown. Just a little gut feeling I have. I imagine him in a similar role as in Under the Red Hood and Mask of the Phantasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"