• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Dark Knight The Joker as a result of Scarecrow's Fear Gas?

BubbaGump

Bland User
Reaction score
What do you guys think if Joker was affected by Scarecrow's fear gas in the first movie? It would be great if Nolan didn't just ditch the entire gassing incident, and continued it into the second movie.

And the concept of escalation as a result of the gas would be interesting as well--that Gotham City is what it is because of the escaped inmates from Arkham spreading crime and lunacy everywhere. It would explain why the city would have more costumed freaks than other American urban centers...and why Katie Holmes married Tom Cruise. :dry:

EDITED: So you guys can stop picking on me. *weeps in corner*

Judging how freaky he looks in the first promo pic, I can't wait to see him through the fear toxin.

Jack Nicholson was a happy Joker, and Heath Ledger looks like an insane Joker.

Judging by the way he looks, he's going to be ******* insane(er).

I'm sorry, I don't recall Joker being affected by Scarecrow's fear gas in the first movie. My DVD player must skip over that scene.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. What would you guys think IF Joker WAS affected by Scarecrow's fear gas?

Reading back on my post, I actually made it seem like it happened in the movie. :csad:

I'm sorry, I don't recall Joker being affected by Scarecrow's fear gas in the first movie. My DVD player must skip over that scene.

*****e....

I think that it makes perfect sense that the Joker have some sort of contact with the fear gas. We already know that the Scarecrow will be back, so I think it is obvious that Nolan is taking this angle.

The way I understand, it´s a big production flaw that actually happened to all the dvds released worldwide and actually all the film-prints too that were shown in theatres, BubbaGump is in posession of the only copy with that scene that was recorded during the very first screening of the movie, attended only by Nolan and himself. Also, something strange happened to the credits, ereasing Ledger´s name from the cast.

*****e....

I think that it makes perfect sense that the Joker have some sort of contact with the fear gas. We already know that the Scarecrow will be back, so I think it is obvious that Nolan is taking this angle.

It's been confirmed by Miranda. And who you calling *****e, asswipe?:o

The way I understand, it´s a big production flaw that actually happened to all the dvds released worldwide and actually all the film-prints too that were shown in theatres, BubbaGump is in posession of the only copy with that scene that was recorded during the very first screening of the movie, attended only by Nolan and himself. Also, something strange happened to the credits, ereasing Ledger´s name from the cast.

Bah Gawd! :oldrazz:

Interesting idea, but no. The Joker is insane because he's the Joker. Allude to a tragic past that caused him to snap but don't blame his insanity on something so common as fear gas. Don't even say it *worsened* his condition, it's still giving too much wrong emphasis. And if it were true there'd be multiple Jokers created in the Narrows.

Better idea is....the Joker was the only Asylum inmate unaffected by the gas during the riots. That's how he escaped the police crackdown in the Narrows, and how he also knows that Batman isn't a demon. He's has no fear.

He'd probably look like the Arkham Asylum Joker. The fear gas effects in BB were blurry and distorted looking, just like the art work in that book.

Interesting idea, but no. The Joker is insane because he's the Joker. Allude to a tragic past that caused him to snap but don't blame his insanity on something so common as fear gas. Don't even say it *worsened* his condition, it's still giving too much wrong emphasis. And if it were true there'd be multiple Jokers created in the Narrows.

Better idea is....the Joker was the only Asylum inmate unaffected by the gas during the riots. That's how he escaped the police crackdown in the Narrows, and how he also knows that Batman isn't a demon.

Joker is too insane for pansy fear gas.

What if Joker sprayed the Scarecrow and the Jokers mouth where the scars are split open! That would be pretty gruesome. Like in Ichi the Killer, the dude takes off the rings holding his mouth and jaw in place then it just slides open!!!! But its PG-13 most likely so i dont see that happening. :batty:

I must be special. :yay:

He'd probably look like the Arkham Asylum Joker. The fear gas effects in BB were blurry and distorted looking, just like the art work in that book.
joker.gif

Maybe Joker was in Arkham at the time Batman went to it to stop scarecrow an he managed to escape.

^ yep

Better idea is....the Joker was the only Asylum inmate *unaffected* by the gas during the riots. That's how he escaped the police crackdown in the Narrows and how he also knows that Batman isn't a demon. He has no fear.

I want Joker to have some comedic elements, too. I don't want him to be a manic-depressive. Don't forget that his name is "Joker." With all these nightmarish, cut-mouth manips, the jester effect of the Joker seems to be lost on many people. If anyone has seen the episode "Laughing Fish" from BTAS, I think that's the perfect interpretation of the Joker. Dark, comedic, and terrifying. It's possible to still incorporate all these traits without having to focus on just the gruesome face.

I want Joker to have some comedic elements, too. I don't want him to be a manic-depressive. Don't forget that his name is "Joker." With all these nightmarish, cut-mouth manips, the jester effect of the Joker seems to be lost on many people. If anyone has seen the episode "Laughing Fish" from BTAS, I think that's the perfect interpretation of the Joker. Dark, comedic, and terrifying. It's possible to still incorporate all these traits without having to focus on just the gruesome face.

I agree. At least you realise that he's more than just a funny clown, like some trolls on imdb. "A total anarchist"...

Arkham inmate is running around, loose, after the League of Shadows set them all free. He's been accidentally gassed from the Microwave emitter and now he's raving all over the place. Batman is chasing down the rest of them and runs across this guy. Batman chases him into the Ace Chemical Company, he falls into a vat of unknown chemicals and is swept into the river. Thus, the Joker is born.

In the beginning of the Dark Knight, I'm hoping there would be a sort of gap-filler for Begins and DK--an origin story for the Joker. I know how a lot of people here at SHH don't want a flashback of the Joker's past, but if Nolan made a Batman origin story, I think he'd make one for his archnemesis as well.

It would be cool if the scarecrow became the jokers hired gun to produce a smile gas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"