Joker "The Joker" in development with Todd Phillips and Martin Scorsese attached? - Part 2

That awkward moment where somebody's gonna have to change

yDZKD95.jpg

Plot twist of the ending is that we discover in the very last minutes this corrupt version of Thomas Wayne is no other than Dr. Hurt, who, implied to be acting under Darkseid's Omega beam space/time influence, in the very last scene appears with Joker in 201x's Gotham. Joker laughs as the bat-signal elightens. "Happy Ending!!!" appears on screen. The end.

I still prefer Heath's aesthetic. In fact, his is one of my favorite Joker designs in any medium. Definitely #1 as far as cinematic Jokers are concerned.

I have Phoenix at #2. Not as traditional as Nicholson's look, yet I'm more intrigued by it.

1) Ledger
2) Phoenix
3) Nicholson
4) Romero
5) Leto

Last edited:
They all bring a different slice of flavor to the role

One I don’t care for as you all know, but there is a good range of variety for sure.

The more I see of Phoenix as Joker the more I like it. I have to put this above Leto's Joker as well for the current cinematic.

Seems his makeup will start to become progressively "disfigured" as Arthur descents into madness

It's possible to notice in the phone cabin scene its still pretty and delineated, perfect smile traces and eyes, while in the test footage it is already starting to look loosened, and in the subway scene it's literally melting in some parts

Guess the make-up will serve as a figurative meaning to symbolize (and physically translate to the viewers) Arthur's mind slowly fading away as history gets told. By the end, no more resembling the persona Fleck used to be, totally transformed and different. Something else.

Seems his makeup will start to become progressively "disfigured" as Arthur descents into madness

It's possible to notice in the phone cabin scene its still pretty and delineated, perfect smile traces and eyes, while in the test footage it is already starting to look loosened, and in the subway scene it's literally melting in some parts

Guess the make-up will serve as a figurative meaning to symbolize (and physically translate to the viewers) Arthur's mind slowly fading away as history gets told. By the end, no more resembling the persona Fleck used to be, totally transformed and different. Something else.
I like the idea of this, pretty cool. :)

This looks great so far. I like that he is a clown.

lon-chaney.jpg

Damn, by his reaction, looks like he got fired or something

That’s because it was the most important, memorable and impactful performance of at least the last twenty years. I’ll argue that until I’m blue in the face.
You won't get an argument from me. I was talking much earlier in the thread about how much of an insane balancing act Heath pulled off. To perform a character that everyone has a preconceived notion of, in a way that seems entirely fresh and new yet still completely true to the spirit of the character...absolutely brilliant work. It was a treat to watch.

Damn, by his reaction, looks like he got fired or something

Think maybe a death. Not sure anyone would be that gutted being sacked as a clown. Although with the other scene with him arguing with the other clown you're probably right.

You won't get an argument from me. I was talking much earlier in the thread about how much of an insane balancing act Heath pulled off. To perform a character that everyone has a preconceived notion of, in a way that seems entirely fresh and new yet still completely true to the spirit of the character...absolutely brilliant work. It was a treat to watch.
See, most people don't appreciate that "completely true to the spirit of the character " part. I can't tell you how many times I've been to fb to see either " Heath gave a great performance but it wasn't The Joker " or " HEATH SUCKED CUZ HE WUZNT DA TR00 JOKUR "

I like Leto as an actor but I've heard terrible things about him as a person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"