"The Joker" in development with Todd Phillips and Martin Scorsese attached?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this all pans out, I'm glad they're sticking with a relatively small budget for this. Hopefully that means more creative freedom (so long as Phillips' vision is a good one).

It also means it doesn't have to make too much to break-even. I'm getting tired of that "profit panic" when blockbusters come out.

It also means it doesn't have to make too much to break-even. I'm getting tired of that "profit panic" when blockbusters come out.

Yeah. It's ridiculous when films make over $500 mil and struggle to make a profit. I can understand studios wanting more bang for their buck, but it's a risky gamble that has seen its fair share of failures. Just look at how successful Deadpool was for Fox (an outlier to be sure, but an example of what can happen with a small budget and a creative group of filmmakers).

Besides, there's no reason for a Joker movie without Batman to warrant $100+ mil.

You just know Phoenix was like "Aw, HELL no, we're shooting ASAP!"

Solid news, though.

I think you guys should prepare for the budget to balloon to $300 million, a CGI army 30 minute climax and a ginourmous blue beam in the sky.

Oh and let's not forget about a post credit scene where we see a joker card getting delivered to Wayne Manor.

Maybe Joker should get his own Legion of Doom; or better still, since this will be taking place in the 80s, maybe he's Batman's biological father. It'll make their conflict even more deep and emotional.

This is one of the few franchise movies I'm excited to follow. Endless speculation about how much of the film is going to be Joker and how much is going to be... what, Napier? Whatever his name will be. The face reveal we'll probably get this year if the report is true.

huh i am confuse was this part of dc extended universe

Don't be.

It's simple, it's part of an out-of-continuity prestige label. Think Elsworlds or the recently launched DC Black Label.

It's going to be a stand-alone movie.

There's nothing confusing about it.

haha okay it would very very weird if the joker standalone movie did better than justice league or even suicide squad . wonder women was okay

haha okay it would very very weird if the joker standalone movie did better than justice league or even suicide squad . wonder women was okay

What would be weird about it?

Audiences react to whatever movie looks more interesting. Comic book fans sometimes have a pretty warped mindset about what deserves/doesn't deserve to make the big bucks.

And the Joker has always been a big draw for general audiences.

P.S.: Is Martin Scorsese still on board to (exec) produce the pic?

With a $55 mil budget, the Joker movie wouldn't need to make that much to have been worth it.

I think it's hilarious that there will be two Joker solo movies and WB doesn't want the character Jeremiah Valeska to be called Joker on Gotham because it would dilute the brand.

I think it's hilarious that there will be two Joker solo movies and WB doesn't want the character Jeremiah Valeska to be called Joker on Gotham because it would dilute the brand.

They're right.

I’m under the impression that they don’t want to dilute Joker (and possibly Batman) to TV only, but multiple versions in movies is fine. Besides apart fron Gotham’s fans (including me) the show isn’t popular among other comic book fans and GA (and when I say “isn’t popular” I’m being polite).

Honestly Cameron >>>>> Leto. Even if I'm slightly disappointed that his Jeremiah performance basically ended up being an Anthony Hopkins impression, I'm still glad we got to see a live action version of a Dark Knight Returns-esque Joker.

Honestly Cameron >>>>> Leto. Even if I'm slightly disappointed that his Jeremiah performance basically ended up being an Anthony Hopkins impression, I'm still glad we got to see a live action version of a Dark Knight Returns-esque Joker.

this is unfair , leto is a oscar winning actor, he need a better script, so he can deliver

Cameron's Joker just makes me cringe. Leto's too so I guess they're even, but Leto has SOME good moments.

Can't wait to see Phoenix show how it's done.

Put that Leto nonsense in the trash where it belongs.

this is unfair , leto is a oscar winning actor, he need a better script, so he can deliver

I think Leto is a fantastic actor (Requiem for a Dream is a favourite of mine). I was intrigued when he was cast as Joker and I loved those early pics (apart from the tatts). But his Joker in Suicide Squad was awful. Frustratingly, I think he has it in him to give us a great interpretation, but whether he will... :shrug:

Can't wait to see Phoenix show how it's done.

Put that Leto nonsense in the trash where it belongs.
We already have at least 3 "how it's done" performances. But yeah, I'm excited for Phoenix.

Both Leto and Cameron - cringe-fests.

Cameron's Joker just makes me cringe. Leto's too so I guess they're even, but Leto has SOME good moments.

How TF does Leto have some good moments and Cameron doesn't ? Lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back