Justice League The J'onn J'onzz/Martian Manhunter Thread

My dream director for a Martian Manhunter film is always going to be Alex Proyas.

Dark City + The Crow + Martian Manhunter = es bueno

Since Superman is probably going to inspire the heroes to rally to him, as opposed to Batman collecting them like Fury did, I don´t see the problem for MMH to come to him because of Supes charachteristics. MMH would be a insecure and almost afriad of man´s violent nature. He´d go seek justice on Earth as an detective unsure of what purpose he has now that his race is gone.

Superman will give him that purpose and personally I think he should appear at the end of the first movie, revealing himself to Superman. Then in the second movie we could get MMH´s origin like we saw Clark´s. He should explain what has happened to him and you would understand why he came to Supes. I´d like if the MMH was introduced in the beginning of the second JL movie :)

Evidently, David Goyer doesn't like Martian Manhunter at all. That's probably not a good sign:

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/david-goyers-contempt-martian-manhunter-213800870.html?.tsrc=attcf

While I personally agree with Goyer, I don't think that rules Manhunter out forever. He may not be in the first Justice League installment but I have my doubts that he won't be included at some point. Goyer is only one of many people that have a say in what characters get used. He can be overruled by some of the other management team or Snyder.

I still like my choice of Rick Worthy for Manhunter, he was great in his role on Supernatural and I think he could transition extremely well into MM.

I think Benedict Cumberbatch could be great Manhunter.

He's definitely one of my top choices. I really hope he gets cast as sandman, hes so perfect for that.

I was hoping for a cameo of MM. To me he is equal to GL and Flash, and above Cyborg in importance for the JL. I'm hoping this is still a possibility!

Yeah with the inclusion of Cyborg, it looks like MM is out.

It's going to be the New 52 lineup .

I was hoping for a cameo of MM. To me he is equal to GL and Flash, and above Cyborg in importance for the JL. I'm hoping this is still a possibility!

Agreed.I'm thinking (hoping) he'll be undercover in someway and will reveal himself in the JL movie. (And for the record,no I don't think he was the general in MOS)

He wont be a member that's for sure. Cyborg is confirmed so he's either not in this universe at all or he has a very minor role.

I dont think he's as important as Flash or GL, to the Justice League.

I grew up with MM on my league but I'm not surprised more and more writers are pushing him to the sideline when it comes to main stream jla books. It's been long discussed that the character is somewhat redundant and over powered. I loved the way kelly used him but when it comes to these movies, they really should try and put the 'best' option forward and the martian has always been a mixed bag in this regard(again overpowered). Unless they depower him and give us that JLU creature...

He wont be a member that's for sure. Cyborg is confirmed so he's either not in this universe at all or he has a very minor role.

I agree to an extent.

Some times you include a character out of respect.He's like what Pym is to the Avengers.He's a founding member that deserves a spot,but if you must do without him,it'll hardly ruin the film in any way.

Agreed. Flash and GL are important pillars that are basically always in the league. While I like MM he is not a central pillar so to speak. There have been many Justice Leagues without MM. MM actually kind of reminds me of Green Arrow. DC ripping off one of their own popular characters. But now I'm just rambling.

Agreed. Flash and GL are important pillars that are basically always in the league. While I like MM he is not a central pillar so to speak. There have been many Justice Leagues without MM. MM actually kind of reminds me of Green Arrow. DC ripping off one of their own popular characters. But now I'm just rambling.
The New 52 is the only lineup i can think of without MM

Unfortunately, there probably won't be Martian Manhunter, which is really a shame.

After watching MOS I thought that inclusion of alien characters such is Martian and Green Lanterns could be done easily if there was ever to be Justice League movie set in that universe. And I find a last surviving member of his species with telepathy and ability to shapeshift much more interesting than another generic half-man half-machine like every other movie cyborg we've been seeing since the 80's

But it seems that Goyer doesn't have fondness for the character, so there it goes... I really hope that inclusion of Terrio will finally get Goyer removed from these movies. For multiple reasons, with better writing being the first and most important one.

I still like the idea of Swanwick being MM

Yeah, I agree actually. It would be great to see that he has been closely involved with events over the years. And Harry Lennix's voice is perfect for the character - he's a pretty good actor too IMO.

Yeah, I agree actually. It would be great to see that he has been closely involved with events over the years. And Harry Lennix's voice is perfect for the character - he's a pretty good actor too IMO.
Goyer said that it was stupid how J'onn J'onzz only chose to be a detective , he said he should be reading the president's mind to see if he's telling the truth, Swanwick could do just that...

they're going all nu52. I know MM has many fans, but if I have to pick, I'm supportive of Cyborg, who adds diversity to the group, not just racial diversity, but different power sets.

maybe MM will show up in future JL films. that'd be cool.

VPPKXYy.gif

Martian Manhunter is my third favorite DC character have Batman and Superman.

I really, really hope he shows up. **** Goyer, Martian Manhunter is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"