Justice League The J'onn J'onzz/Martian Manhunter Thread

He is a shapeshifter, but the shape and features he takes are sharp European features. The character just does not look like Manhunter when people try to visualize a black actor as him.

I chose that image because I think it's a good model for the character's head.

It would be more appealing to black audiences to actually have a black actor play a black super hero-- a hero that is a major character like The Flash.
Because there are so many 6'7 green guys from Europe.

And stop with the Flash thing. You don't just change characters like that.

Because there are so many 6'7 green guys from Europe.

There is absolutely no need to portray this character as an impossibly tall giant.

The thing is, neither of them look like Martian Manhunter. Who doesn't always even have this exaggerated brow you seem to think can define as a white only trait.

It's a caucasion trait-- and people fall under that category from Ireland to India. It's one of multiple traits that have been passed down from an ancestor that black Africans do not share with Eurasians:

BDG_Neanderthal_02.jpg

Last edited:
youre crazy thorstone.

Martian Manhunter is an alien, hes not supposed to look like a white man. Youre ridiculous.

Seriously, Will Smith as Flash? Okay dude. ha. wow.

Youre the same guy that thinks every superhero's suit should be all black

Last edited:
big_black_people_fat_man.jpg

I literally just searched black man on google and this man with an exaggerated brow was one of the first pictures. Thorstone whatre you on... white people arent the only ones with exaggerated brows. Please just give up

2071043731_bc521d8433_o.jpg

MartianManhunter06.jpg

I think Martian Manhunter should just use his true form. It doesnt make sense for him to turn into a slightly more human looking green martian because he thinks itll scare people less. People are going to be scared of a green martian regardless. If hes going to change his form in order to not scare people, he should just revert to his secret identity, John Jones, who I think should be black :) NOT FLASH

big_black_people_fat_man.jpg

I literally just searched black man on google and this man with an exaggerated brow was one of the first pictures. Thorstone whatre you on... white people arent the only ones with exaggerated brows. Please just give up

Mark Henry has soft round features. Yes, he has a muscular face-- he has a muscular black man's face. Look at his face from the side.

mark_henry1.jpg

Mark Henry isn't even in the league of the Rock-- whom I already said could look the part, because of his sharp features, but he still doesn't have the acting ability I feel this part needs.

Other actors I would prefer to see play this character are Peter Stormare or Jeremy Irons.

Peter+Stormare+in+Constantine.jpg

Jeremy-Irons.jpg

He is in the comics, he should be in the movies.

Ron Perlman is 6'1'' and nobody had any issues with his body when he played Hellboy-- a character that is supposed to be seven foot tall and 400lb.

Last edited:
Hell Boy was still the tallest character in the movie excluding the giant monster.

MM needs to stand out.

Peter Stormare would be an insane Martian Manhunter. I dont like the choice of Jeremy Irons though

youre crazy thorstone.

Martian Manhunter is an alien, hes not supposed to look like a white man. Youre ridiculous.

Seriously, Will Smith as Flash? Okay dude. ha. wow.

Youre the same guy that thinks every superhero's suit should be all black

For ****s sake, it's like he wants to piss people off. I had to take a break from this thread for a few days. :funny:
I also agree with your user title. It helps.

Bahahahah right though?! Everyone is obviously entitled to their own opinions... but I reaally dislike his thoughts on J'onn.

Hahaha and it keeps me sane. Its too bad I dont know any comic book fans around my area that do that. In fact, I have no friends that are into comics...

Bahahahah right though?! Everyone is obviously entitled to their own opinions... but I reaally dislike his thoughts on J'onn.

Hahaha and it keeps me sane. Its too bad I dont know any comic book fans around my area that do that. In fact, I have no friends that are into comics...

Of course, everyone's entitled to their opinions. It just seems like he argues sometimes for the sake of arguing, even when the evidence of him being wrong has been presented right in front of his very eyes.

I have a few friends that are into comics, but the majority are not. Most of them do blaze though. :woot:

I wouldn't be opposed to J'onn looking like that picture you posted, although I'd like the suit to be have more Black. The material that suit is made up of looks almost organic... I could imagine it shape-shifting right along with J'onn.

Yeah its a lot easier to find friends with similar music taste, or friends who smoke than it is to find people who like comics.

I mostly like that J'onn picture I posted because of his face. The costume is cool, but yes i too would like to see more black in the costume.

a definite no to the blue pirate boots, the blue underwear, and the goofy dracula collar on his cape. and he should not be shirtless either, that would come across really weird in live action

but at the same time if mm is an alien we do get a crap ton of only black actors suggested i think that may be his point he is just very bad at making it lol

on top of his main shapeshifting appereance is of a white man only smallville made him black
295418-4092-martian-manhunter_super.jpg

Last edited:
Smallville might have been the first to portray him as a black man while he was John Jones, but he had taken the guises of many races and both genders previously.

but at the same time if mm is an alien we do get a crap ton of only black actors suggested i think that may be his point he is just very bad at making it lol

on top of his main shapeshifting appereance is of a white man only smallville made him black
295418-4092-martian-manhunter_super.jpg

Only Smallville? Don't forget Young Justice and Crisis on Two Earths when it comes to media.
527px-John_Jones.png

Even in the New 52 when it comes to comics.

SupermanAnnual1JohnJones.jpg

Last edited:
Hhaahaha owned!! Plus Carl Lumbly, the voice of Martian Manhunter on JLU is a black man. and looks the part too

So on JLU hes voiced by a black man, crisis on two earths John Jones is a black man, Smallville hes black, Justice League doom John Jones is black, Young Justice hes black, and the new 52 hes black.

What now THORSTONE!?!?!

I honestly don't see why Martian Manhunter should be used at all. I mean, he pretty much has the same powers as Superman and abilities as Batman so why should he be included in a film?

I honestly don't see why Martian Manhunter should be used at all. I mean, he pretty much has the same powers as Superman and abilities as Batman so why should he be included in a film?

Because he has a completely different personality? Because he can fill a necessary role in the film?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"