• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Tombstone Appreciation Thread

Didn't Hammerhead say that's why he respects him? Because of his power?

I think Hammerhead said That's why they call him Tombstone because if you cross him thats all that's left. Or something to that extent.

no i think he just said why he respects him when he was with gobby.

I'm going by memory, so forgive if I mess up a few lines, but the conversation went mostly like this:

Hammerhead: Goblin. I know you're out there.
Goblin: Out there! In here! Everywhere! This will soon be my town Hammy and I could use a good right-hand flattop.
Hammerhead: Not gonna happen. You think I'm afraid of some goofball dressed for Halloween? Can't be afraid of whatcha don't respect and I've only respect one man enough to fear.
Goblin: The Big Man! Alias: L. Thompson Lincoln! See I've already peeked under his mask.
Hammerhead: Lincoln is the mask! The Big Man's Tombstone cause that's all that's left when you cross him.
Goblin: Well if that's true, then a man like you must surely have acquired...LIFE INSURANCE!

I'm going by memory, so forgive if I mess up a few lines, but the conversation went mostly like this:

Goblin: Out there! In here! Everywhere! This will soon be my town Hammy and I could use a good right-hand flattop.
Hammerhead: Not gonna happen. You think I'm afraid of some goofball dressed for Halloween? Can't be afraid of whatcha don't respect and I've only respect one man enough to fear.
Goblin: The Big Man! Alias: L. Thompson Lincoln! See I've already peeked under his mask.
Hammerhead: Lincoln is the mask! The Big Man's Tombstone cause that's all that's left when you cross him.
Goblin: Well if that's true, then a man like you must surely have acquired...LIFE INSURANCE!
Wow! I just watched the scene, and aside from a couple words, that is exactly the same!

Nice! It sounds basically just like it. :up:

So, who bets Hammerhead will, in some way, backstab and betray Tombstone during Gang War?

^^ I think it's very possible, but Hammerhead doesn't seem mad or anything at Tombstone. However, Hammerhead deciding that he wants to be the big gang boss instead of working for Tombstone is, as I said, something I can see happening.

I can't wait to see more of Hammerhead and Tombsone interacting with each other in season 2. I loved it in season 1. :up:

So, who bets Hammerhead will, in some way, backstab and betray Tombstone during Gang War?
Wow, you're right on it... I mean I wouldn't have expected it since Tombstone risked his life to save Hammerhead (or atleast the portable jump drive that has evidence of what he really does that Gobby made up)

I must retread what has been said already, it is so nice to see a black villain who is more than some hired muscle. Most of Spidey's rouges are Caucasian males (in the 60's it would have probably have been a bad idea to make them anything else, so does make sense). A lot of Static's villains were black, but a majority of them were just superpowered street thugs. So it is exciting to see such a change in status of villainy. Plus, his Mr. Freeze style revamp is so good I was hoping that they would play against the comics for once and Foswell wasn't the Big Man. It's not everyday you see an black albino crime boss. By the looks of it Molten Man (Mark Allan [Raxton in comics]) is going to be Puerto Rican. I really want to see how Mr. Lincoln's empire will crumble with the upcomming gang war. I loved everytime he appeared on screen...his first confrontation with Spidey was so cool...Lonnie's kind of quick...
Once again, sorry to bump such an old topic...

Don't worry, I kinda missed this topic. =) Here's hoping he gets more good lines this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IAmBatman125
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"