The Lana Lang Thread

I'd rather they go the route of Lana wanting a real family that's why Clark moved on. I don't want Lois being made out to be the shallow one.....maybe Lana and her family move and in the sequel she returns or something. IMO no love triangle

Jadin Gould very like Anna Popplewell (The Chronicles of Narnia)

Lord bless Smallville's Lana was downright HORRIBLE!!! There were times I loved the show and there were times I hated the show and I'm damn glad it's over...yet I want to buy the complete series on DVD. I must be sick

Let's just be thankful that we won't see this version of Lana leave the series wearing a Kryptonite Absorbing Power suit that gives her Kryptonian like abilities.lol

I'd rather they go the route of Lana wanting a real family that's why Clark moved on. I don't want Lois being made out to be the shallow one.....maybe Lana and her family move and in the sequel she returns or something. IMO no love triangle

Agreed, and I also hope that they kind of avoid characterizing Lana in the way that she was in the comics briefly when she was shown as a stalking to downright immoral woman who was obsessed with getting Clark back.

Let's just be thankful that we won't see this version of Lana leave the series wearing a Kryptonite Absorbing Power suit that gives her Kryptonian like abilities.lol

Agreed, and I also hope that they kind of avoid characterizing Lana in the way that she was in the comics briefly when she was shown as a stalking to downright immoral woman who was obsessed with getting Clark back.

I am VERY thankful!!

What the heck?

The Superman lore presents it like this...

Lana has feelings for Clark. Clark never had feelings for Lana (check out TAS).

Lois has feelings for Superman, and doesn't give a damn about Clark.

Superman can't be the real Clark Kent around Lois Lane.

All these hurdles make their relationships interesting. Unfortunately CW's Smallville screwed it up really badly, to the point where they got nothing right.

What the heck?

All these hurdles make their relationships interesting. Unfortunately CW's Smallville screwed it up really badly, to the point where they got nothing right.

Agreed.

According to comics -

Lana Lang always liked Clark Kent, even when he tells her about his super powers (which then implies that he is Superman.) Lana does not care about whether he has those Super powers or not, in other words even if Clark loses his Super powers (someday for some reason) and becomes an ordinary human Lana Lang still loves him, but the problem is Clark Kent has no such feelings about Lana, to him she is just a close friend.

Lois Lane is completely in love with Superman while she treats Clark a s a friend and a co worker at Daily Planet, and Clark Kent beings to like Lois but the problem is that he wants Lois to like mild mannered Clark Kent, just as much as she does Superman, which she cannot so he can never reveal his true identity before her.

I think it is lot more complicated than a simple triangle as for a Triangle there are three personalities but here there are four (Lois, Lana, Clark and Superman.)

Last edited:
What the heck?

Agreed.

According to comics -

Lana Lang always liked Clark Kent, even when he tells her about his super powers (which then implies that he is Superman.) Lana does not care about whether he has those Super powers or not, in other words even if Clark loses his Super powers (someday for some reason) and becomes an ordinary human Lana Lang still loves him, but the problem is Clark Kent has no such feelings about Lana, to him she is just a close friend.

Lois Lane is completely in love with Superman while she treats Clark a s a friend and a co worker at Daily Planet, and Clark Kent beings to like Lois but the problem is that he wants Lois to like mild mannered Clark Kent, just as much as she does Superman, which she cannot so he can never reveal his true identity before her.

I think it is lot more complicated than a simple triangle as for a Triangle there are three personalities but here there are four (Lois, Lana, Clark and Superman.)

And if you go just a little bit farther from those details, you'd also find out that in the mythology:

1. Lana went on to become incredibly obsessive over Clark and tried to steal him away from Lois, despite the fact that he was involved with Lois at the time..and went as far to name her own son Clark while having feelings for him still despite being already married to Pete Ross.

2. Lois later fell in love with Clark for "who he was' (at least that's how I remember it) and later told Superman (before knowing that he was Clark as well) that she could only be friends with him because she was in love with Clark and Lois had accepted Clark's proposal before even knowing that he was Superman

And CW's Smallville made the Clark the one who was obsessive over Lana.

Lois was just the consolation prize.

2. Lois later fell in love with Clark for "who he was' (at least that's how I remember it) and later told Superman (before knowing that he was Clark as well) that she could only be friends with him because she was in love with Clark and Lois had accepted Clark's proposal before even knowing that he was Superman

That worked in the comics, but it would be ridiculous in live action. Case in point: Lois and Clark: Adventures of Superman.

Clark's 'reporter disguise' is just an exaggerated persona. It's an act. It's not the real him. L+C played it as the real him and the identity didn't work.

Lois falling in love with the DP identity means shes falling for something that isn't real.

That's why it works better for her to have a relationship with Superman.

That worked in the comics, but it would be ridiculous in live action. Case in point: Lois and Clark: Adventures of Superman.

Clark's 'reporter disguise' is just an exaggerated persona. It's an act. It's not the real him. L+C played it as the real him and the identity didn't work.

Lois falling in love with the DP identity means shes falling for something that isn't real.

That's why it works better for her to have a relationship with Superman.

That all depends on who's presented as the 'real persona'. Case in point, given that 'Superman' was without a doubt, the real persona for the CR series, it was natural for the filmmakers to have Lois's real romantic feelings targeted towards him.

With L&C, since 'Clark Kent' was portrayed as the real person, we had Lois Lane developing real feelings for him while having a schoolgirl crush on Superman at the beginning for awhile.

Whichever persona is presented as the 'real person' in MOS will be the target of Lois's feelings imho.

Truth be told, it could be argued that Lana in the comics during their youth may not have known the real Clark, even after he told her his secret, because Clark didn't even completely know on who he was and what he was meant to do (assuming if I'm getting the order of events correct), and from what I understand, he always kept her at a emotional distance in some ways.

For MOS, I could honestly see a scenario, where the young Clark is trying to impress Lana perhaps, and accidentally ends up overdoing it which ends up in something or someone getting hurt, causing a unfavorable reaction from her and others involved.

It's impossible to have Daily Planet Clark as the 'real person' in live action.

Lois and Clark took that liberty and it came off completely ridiculous.

If Cavill's Clark is going to be present in the DP, he is going to need some sort of exaggerated and invented disguise.

It would be silly for Lane to fall in love with the disguise.

It's impossible to have Daily Planet Clark as the 'real person' in live action.

Lois and Clark took that liberty and it came off completely ridiculous.

If Cavill's Clark is going to be present in the DP, he is going to need some sort of exaggerated and invented disguise.

It would be silly for Lane to fall in love with the disguise.

Well it worked for reboot that took place in the 80's.lol

and truth be told, Clark and Lois may even meet each other prior before he officially joins the DP, let alone before having created his Superman persona.

Like I said, it works in the medium of the comics... the comics are artwork.

As far as Lois and Clark meeting before the DP, I suppose we'll have to wait and see. Maybe they'll completely change how the identity is handled.

It's also possible that she doesn't meet "Clark" per say in Smallville, but Superman in civilian attire.

I just hope they don't go the Smallville route of having Lois know Clark's identity.

Last edited:
Here was me thinking they weren't going to show too much flashback or backstory, I mean we got 'young' Clark Kent in the Superman movie, we got it in Superman Returns and we got a whole fricken 10 years of 'before Superman' in Smallville.

But I'm cool with it. I doubt it will last very long and I suppose they are going for full blown orgin here anyway so...

It seems as though they are maybe going for a more Kristin Kreuk type Lana Lang, perhaps to try and not make her version be too odd in terms of look.

But I don't like this though anyway. I can let it slide because it's just a flashback but I don't see the point in switching the girls hair color around just because 'they can.'

Kristin as Lana was an exception. I don't really know that they need to permantly change Lois to blonde/red and Lana to dark brunette just because of Smallville.

Here was me thinking they weren't going to show too much flashback or backstory, I mean we got 'young' Clark Kent in the Superman movie, we got it in Superman Returns and we got a whole fricken 10 years of 'before Superman' in Smallville.

But I'm cool with it. I doubt it will last very long and I suppose they are going for full blown orgin here anyway so...

It seems as though they are maybe going for a more Kristin Kreuk type Lana Lang, perhaps to try and not make her version be too odd in terms of look.

But I don't like this though anyway. I can let it slide because it's just a flashback but I don't see the point in switching the girls hair color around just because 'they can.'

Kristin as Lana was an exception. I don't really know that they need to permantly change Lois to blonde/red and Lana to dark brunette just because of Smallville.

Strangely enough, the only reason why Erica was made to dye her hair blondish for 4 years was because the producers didn't want viewers to get her character mixed up with Lana's. Like we would ever have problems differentiating between the two.lol

And now we have a light haired Lois Lane again, who is appearing in Smallville, Kansas.

And a dark-haired Lana.

And young Jonathan and Martha Kent.

And Zod and Faora.

And a young Clark Kent in plaid, without the glasses.

Is this...Smallville the movie?

And I hope this is just a coincidence...

cost310.jpg

Last edited:
And now we have a light haired Lois Lane again, who is appearing in Smallville, Kansas.

And a dark-haired Lana.

And young Jonathan and Martha Kent.

And Zod and Faora.

And a young Clark Kent in plaid, without the glasses.

Is this...Smallville the movie?

Not until we have Clark and Lex starting out as Best Friends along with a Mood Swinging Omnipotent Jor-el with Destiny being used as a word more times than Oldman using the word "Epic".

I really hope it's just young Lana in flashbacks.

I don't want adult Lana anywhere near this reboot :(

It'll be nice if she's used in the same way as STAS LSOK did though :)

I really hope it's just young Lana in flashbacks.

I don't want adult Lana anywhere near this reboot :(

It'll be nice if she's used in the same way as STAS LSOK did though :)

That, along with S:TM (where she was just in it for the heck of covering Clark's Youth).lol

Something tells me they're keeping their options open for having adult Lana in future films.

Hence why they made her a brown-eyed, brown haired version this time, to diffrenciate her from the redhead Lois.

Gemma Arterton would be a great choice too.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2605345/

285302_147746278634531_137106263031866_290403_7216290_n.jpg

I think this actress Jadin Gould just look like Mandy Moore.

mandy_moore.jpg

I don't think she's a good actress though.

Last edited:
why have Lana at all in future films? This is Clark and Lois story, let's not repeat Superman 3

And if you go just a little bit farther from those details, you'd also find out that in the mythology:

1. Lana went on to become incredibly obsessive over Clark and tried to steal him away from Lois, despite the fact that he was involved with Lois at the time..and went as far to name her own son Clark while having feelings for him still despite being already married to Pete Ross.

All these stories were leading to marriage of Lois and Clark, reflecting what happened in the T.V. series Lois and Clark.

They did some injustice to Lana Lang character in Smallville too, I would prefer that they ignore these stories from comics / T.V. series.

why have Lana at all in future films? This is Clark and Lois story, let's not repeat Superman 3

The movie is centered around Superman, not Lois and Clark, if Lana Lang can be included in some way that looks good, I am all for it.

I wouldn't mind adult Lana, as long as she's much less stalkerish and Miss Perfect who can master Clark's powers in a single afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"