The Lana Lang Thread

The movie is centered around Superman, not Lois and Clark, if Lana Lang can be included in some way that looks good, I am all for it.

I agree...this isn't Lois and Clark or Clark and Lois the movie. It's Man of Steel. They should include several people from the comics as long as it fits the story they are telling. I like that they are including Dr. Hamilton...and I hope to see S.T.A.R. LABS and CADMUS pop up somewhere only if just mentioned or you see Superman fly by the building.

I've heard rumors that have probably been debunked, but I heard that the creators of the show were in love with the character Lana Lang. Mainly because of Kirsten Kreuk and the whole show was cast around her. The cast had to have great chemistry with her or they didn't get the role. They thought Lana was the heart of the show. Again it was probably debunked.

I've heard rumors that have probably been debunked, but I heard that the creators of the show were in love with the character Lana Lang. Mainly because of Kirsten Kreuk and the whole show was cast around her. The cast had to have great chemistry with her or they didn't get the role. They thought Lana was the heart of the show. Again it was probably debunked.

If true that is absolutely ridiculous...Smallville should always be about Calrk Kent/Superman

Never heard it debunked. And since the creaters and Kristin Kreuk both left the show at the end of season 7, it seemed to fit.

Besides, you only have to look at how it was written. Constant focus on Lana, on how beautiful she was, on how every single guy was in love with her, and she was perfect, and Clark was always grovelling at her feet.

If that doesn't show some bias towards the actress, then I don't know what it was.

I know it's illogical to show a grudge against a character just because of one portrayal... But they really made me hate Lana.

The ironic thing, was that Chloe was actually a lot closer to how Lana should be portrayed IMO. His best friend, someone who shared his secret and he could talk to and trust, and who had feelings for him that he never reciprocated.

Last edited:
Never heard it debunked. And since the creaters and Kristin Kreuk both left the show at the end of season 7, it seemed to fit.

Besides, you only have to look at how it was written. Constant focus on Lana, on how beautiful she was, on how every single guy was in love with her, and she was perfect, and Clark was always grovelling at her feet.

If that doesn't show some bias towards the actress, then I don't know what it was.

Not to mention that ONE of the MAIN reasons why they were trying to bring in a Young Bruce Wayne into SV during Season 3 was in hopes of having a triangle between Clark-Lana-Bruce.lol

In any case, I'm pretty confident that we won't have to worry about these issues when it comes to MOS's interpretation of the character, especially considering the people involved with the creative side of things.

For all we know, we may just have a young teenager Lana for just a couple of scenes in the beginning, and then..BAM...she's out of the frame for the rest of the story.lol

For all we know, we may just have a young teenager Lana for just a couple of scenes in the beginning, and then..BAM...she's out of the frame for the rest of the story.lol

Fingers crossed :)

And now we have a light haired Lois Lane again, who is appearing in Smallville, Kansas.

And a dark-haired Lana.

And young Jonathan and Martha Kent.

And Zod and Faora.

And a young Clark Kent in plaid, without the glasses.

Is this...Smallville the movie?

And I hope this is just a coincidence...

I think you can expect this film to go into Superman's past as much as Batman Begins went into Batman's past. I always expected 20-30 minutes worth of smallville, spread throughout the first half of the film. So far, production has not disappointed.

why don't people want Lana to be in the movie. she is an important character in Superman mythos? It's better to have Lana than some random made up chick? (ex. Rachel Dawes - Batman Begins - Tom Cruise's prisoner)

I don't mind her being in this movie, as long as it's part of his PAST and she's not relevent in his present.

You don't need to make up a female character for his present. That's what Lois Lane is for.

This Jadin Gould girl annoys me. I don't like her face and smile...something about it makes me :fst: Maybe it's just Lana Lang though. I'll only be OK in two cases, 1. Lana dies in the bus crash and/or 2. Lana is in love with Clark and he doesn't give an F about her. And of course, maximum 2 minutes of screen time for Lana.

Surprised no one has mentioned Jack Foley being cast as young Pete Ross.

So... they cast a little girl as Lana, and people start tearing their hair out and suggesting Supe be out of character because they don't want a little girl, who can't play an adult, to be in Clark's life as an adult.

This sounds like an overreaction to me. This late in production, there is no major part for an adult Lana.

I think the suggestion was that because she has been cast as 'young Lana', that usually indicates there is a 'Lana' to go with it.

Personally I don't see it that way, but that's why the over reaction.

Superman the Movie established 'Young Lana' in the Smallville flashbacks.

And then gave us Adult Lana by Superman III.

Adult Lana won't be in this film, but just like Jimmy, and Lex could very likely appear in the sequel. Especially with the setup in play here.

Strange to have brunette Lana and red head Lois to modern Superman fans.

I REALLY hated the Smallville version of Lana. I hope Snyder gets it right

Superman the Movie established 'Young Lana' in the Smallville flashbacks.

And then gave us Adult Lana by Superman III.

Adult Lana won't be in this film, but just like Jimmy, and Lex could very likely appear in the sequel. Especially with the setup in play here.

Truth be told, the main reason why we got an Adult Lana in Superman III was supposedly due to there being bad blood between Kidder and the Salkinds for how they had mistreated Richard Donner; that along with their ‘official’ comment on saying that they felt that they had taken the Lois and Superman relationship as far as they could (even though Richard Donner and Tom M. had plans to reunite the two in the third film had they still be in charge of things).

I REALLY hated the Smallville version of Lana. I hope Snyder gets it right

Unless Snyder, Golan, and Noyer are anything like Miles and Gough (creators of Smallville), I think we’re good. I mean Miles and Gough seem to have a fetish for things like “triangles” and writing intolerable female characters towards being the eye candy of all young male characters in their work. Heck, they wrote for Spiderman 2 and the rumor was that they wanted to write MJ being in a love triangle with Peter and Doc Oct, even though they had two other love triangles with her present already. They also wrote the Mummy 3, and that had a love triangle as well.lol

Unless Snyder, Golan, and Noyer are anything like Miles and Gough (creators of Smallville), I think we’re good. I mean Miles and Gough seem to have a fetish for things like “triangles” and writing intolerable female characters towards being the eye candy of all young male characters in their work. Heck, they wrote for Spiderman 2 and the rumor was that they wanted to write MJ being in a love triangle with Peter and Doc Oct, even though they had two other love triangles with her present already. They also wrote the Mummy 3, and that had a love triangle as well.lol

Lord bless them...they have issues

What is so damn appealing about love triangles? lol

that along with their ‘official’ comment on saying that they felt that they had taken the Lois and Superman relationship as far as they could

It's true though. Superman pretty much accepted that he couldn't be with Lois at the end of Superman II. That's why he wiped her memories.

There was nowhere further they could have taken it, except having Lois move on.

It's true though. Superman pretty much accepted that he couldn't be with Lois at the end of Superman II. That's why he wiped her memories.

There was nowhere further they could have taken it, except having Lois move on.

Well had Donner and Tom been allowed to have stayed on, there wouldn't have been a different ending altogether for the two at the end of SII and it's been said by one of them that their plan was to bring them back together romantically in the third one.

What is so damn appealing about love triangles? lol

I think it's because they're easy. Pretty much every person was in at least two triangles. Love or not.

I don't really expect the same for this film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"