The Last of Us The Last Of Us 2

How did they turn The Last of Us into a Joel and Ellie saga when thats how it started? Its not like the universe and franchise existed before them. With that said, I definitely think they could have done a sequel without either one. I wish they had
Yeah, it is very bizarre to suggest that "The Last of Us" isn't the story of Joel and Ellie. Like completely. The entire game is based around those two characters and their relationship.

Also, I feel any sequel was going to follow Joel and Ellie. Mostly Ellie imo, as where Joel's journey was basically completed in the first game, Ellie has only now become a young woman, who has to deal with living in this world. At some point with the knowledge of what really happened at the end of the first game. Falling in love, guilt, finding someone to protect in the same manner as Joel. It all feels rather ripe for Druckmann and the stories he like to tell. If Joel is a big part of this game, I think his story might be centered more around what it is like to have his "daughter" resent him.

Last edited:
The lie Joel told being the focus of the ending moments of the first game set up a potential follow up pretty well. It wasnt some huge cliffhanger and the first game's story would have felt complete without a sequel, but it was a little hook to tell the players that that lie would have future repercussions on their relationship, and that a sequel might deal with their future relationship. So I dont think it's some betrayal or compromise of the franchise that Joel and Ellie are the main focus of the sequel. From the beginning the Last of Us was the story of a father and a daughter.

How did they turn The Last of Us into a Joel and Ellie saga when thats how it started? Its not like the universe and franchise existed before them. With that said, I definitely think they could have done a sequel without either one. I wish they had
In a sense that it's a series about Ellie and Joel now.

The gameplay looks absolutely stunning. I had strong MGS feelings watching Ellie sneak around in the environment. Sneaking under the car was particularly awesome. Part 1 is one of my favorite games of all time and Naughty Dog has shown that their second games are always superior. I expect the streak to continue.

I noticed that the muscular woman doesn't have "Glasgow smile" scars, despite being "one of them". Everyone else, even those Asian kids have it. I wonder...

I like cults and the Seraphites look really interesting. Are they the primary "villains" of the sequel?

The gameplay looks absolutely stunning. I had strong MGS feelings watching Ellie sneak around in the environment. Sneaking under the car was particularly awesome.

This game looks like everything I wanted the first game to be. There the gameplay, though entertaining, was kind of clunky. If the writing is serious, the gameplay has to match that realism to a certain extent. Now they utilized every drop of ps4's power to amp up the realism, and the result seems to be an immersive viceral experience. I hope the finished game is as good as the demo

One game isn't a series.
Which means all that existed of "The Last of Us" was a game that was completely about Joel and Ellie. What suggested that the story of "The Last of Us" doesn't belong to them? This was always the natural continuation.

Which means all that existed of "The Last of Us" was a game that was completely about Joel and Ellie. What suggested that the story of "The Last of Us" doesn't belong to them? This was always the natural continuation.
You never heard of franchises that introduce new protagonists with every new installment? What part of the title "The Last of Us" implies that the franchise should belong to Ellie and Joel?

I originally didn't want a sequel to the game, because I felt Joel and Ellie's story was rounded off beautifully in the first game.

But then again, the same could've probably been said about The Godfather, and I truly do trust Naughty Dog and Druckmann.

I get the point that it would've been interesting to see some new protagonists, but what really set Last of Us apart from other post apocalyptic games/films/stories, was the connection between Joel and Ellie. So... I get it.

We don't know yet if there is more story to tell after this, but it would be kind of really cool if they made a trilogy finisher on ps5, so that each of the 3 games is from their own console generation. Each released at the peak of the console's life

The first game was completely about Joel and Ellie and belonged to them.

There is no reason why they can't shift things for the sequel.

They could, but they chose not to. Let's see what they have in story for these characters' continuation.

They could, but they chose not to. Let's see what they have in story for these characters' continuation.

I feel that if we got new main characters in sequels, the stories might get more generic (this being a zombie apocalypse series and all). Taking these established characters and evolving them into new exciting directions has to me a lot more potential. Im excited to see Ellie becoming a young adult and what that entails in the world of Last of Us

Saying that its just "fan-service" is a pretty odd accusition

I've said it in another thread, but I've recently bought a PS4 Pro, and I am a huge fan of horror (movies, games, etc.). I've seen the Last of Us and it impressed me a lot! It seems part II will be even better.

My question is: should I buy the remastered version of the first game? I suppose it will make me enjoy much more, right?

I've said it in another thread, but I've recently bought a PS4 Pro, and I am a huge fan of horror (movies, games, etc.). I've seen the Last of Us and it impressed me a lot! It seems part II will be even better.

My question is: should I buy the remastered version of the first game? I suppose it will make me enjoy much more, right?

Yes but it definitely. Play and experience it for yourself.

Just bought the PlayStation hits PS4 remaster. Can’t wait to dive into this world again and I can’t wait for Part ll.

So when is this beast being released? The first one is one of the best games I've played in a long time.

2 days ago
THE LAST OF US PART II Will Be Releasing On March 29, 2019, According To Amazon Italy
According to the recently posted Amazon Italy listing, Naughty Dog's The Last of Us: Part II will be released on March 29, 2019, exclusively for PlayStation 4, but this could just be a placeholder date...Read more

Also with below

15 hours ago
THE LAST OF US PART II Director Teases "Most Complicated And Heart Wrenching Scene" In New BTS Phot
The Last of Us Part II creative director Neil Druckmann gave us an early Christmas present in the form of a behind-the-scenes photo from the upcoming PS4 exclusive, but it comes with a foreboding message.Read more

| 12/22/2018
Filed Under: "The Last Of Us"
12799.jpg
The Last of Us Part II is one of the most anticipated PlayStation 4 exclusives, but we haven't heard much from Naughty Dog or Sony Interactive in recent months. We last saw the game during Sony's E3 2018 presentation which featured 11-minutes of brutal gameplay. But with still no release date and Sony skipping E3 2019, it's unclear when we'll officially see more of the game.

In the meantime, we have social media and whatever creative director Neil Druckmann chooses to share with us. Today, he posted a behind the scenes shot of Ashley Johnson (who plays Ellie) and Shannon Woodward (who plays Dina, Ellie's love interest). The two are dressed in their motion capture outfits and Johnson is sitting on a bench playing guitar. But it's what we don't know about the shot that has us intrigued, especially with Druckmann's comments.

"Killer shoot this week, including one of the most complicated and heart wrenching scene we’ve ever worked on," Druckmann said about the photo.

Killer shoot this week, including one of the most complicated and heart wrenching scene we’ve ever worked on. Time for some vacation! Happy holidays... more to come next year. : @Grosstasticpic.twitter.com/iQQ4WvIrqe

— Neil Druckmann (@Neil_Druckmann) December 22, 2018

It's no secret that The Last of Us Part II will feature emotional moments. Anyone who played the first game can attest to that. But it's impossible to tell exactly what makes this particular scene the "most complicated" and "heart wrenching" one that Naughty Dog has worked on. There are numerous possibilities and, unfortunately, most of my theories have to do with someone dying or about to die or already dead; but, that would seem too obvious, right?

The Last of Us Part II will be released for PlayStation 4, but does not yet have a release date.

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

Last edited:
I hope not.
We have Sekiro, Devil May Cry 5, Mortal Kombat 11, Days Gone and others between March and April. Two busy months.

Out of those only Sekiro and Last of Us 2 matter to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"