The Last of Us The Last Of Us 2

I know for sure I'll be getting it, but that trailer did nothing for me.
It's good to have a release date, though.

I hope we get to play as Joel way more than the trailers make it seem.
I hope this is Ellie's game.

GOP2gUi.jpg

hR3N92K.jpg

VRsHAe2.jpg

WF8HbEi.jpg

9xyxtyv.jpg

I am rather happy they seemingly got rid of the worst mechanic in the first game. The "no one can see Ellie running around as you are suppose to be hiding" thing.

I am rather happy they seemingly got rid of the worst mechanic in the first game. The "no one can see Ellie running around as you are suppose to be hiding" thing.

The first game needed that mechanic so Ellie wouldnt be getting killed constantly. If they really have gotten rid of that mechanic there better be some fantastic AI. I hate babysitting.

The first game needed that mechanic so Ellie wouldnt be getting killed constantly. If they really have gotten rid of that mechanic there better be some fantastic AI. I hate babysitting.
No, I get why it did it. But it seems you spend most of your time alone now. So that shouldn't be an issue. If you are with Joel, it would seemingly play more like the sequences where you are both just openly in combat. Like the truck sequence.

The closer this game comes the more nervous it makes me. Not because it looks bad, but because it has a massive task trying to match its predecessor, and also I worry that it effects that previous story in a bad way.

The trailer left no impression. TLOU never felt like an action blockbuster and this kind of editing just ruins the strong elements - atmosphere, narrative, attention to detail. Joel's reveal was underwhelming, like he's an episodic character in this story. His useless brother got more footage than him, lol.

I liked previous videos more, because they weren't fast cuts.

The trailer left no impression. TLOU never felt like an action blockbuster and this kind of editing just ruins the strong elements - atmosphere, narrative, attention to detail. Joel's reveal was underwhelming, like he's an episodic character in this story. His useless brother got more footage than him, lol.

I liked previous videos more, because they weren't fast cuts.
The Last of Us is an action blockbuster. It always has been. The game revolves around killing bad place of a lot of people. Both living and undead. The crafting system and upgrades are built around making you far more lethal and effective killer.

The Last of Us is an action blockbuster. It always has been. The game revolves around killing bad place of a lot of people. Both living and undead. The crafting system and upgrades are built around making you far more lethal and effective killer.

If you read carefully what I wrote, you will notice that I used the word "felt". Technically it IS an action game and nobody sane would argue that. But the latest trailer just didn't have anything interesting in it. And generic action montage didn't save it.

If you read carefully what I wrote, you will notice that I used the word "felt". Technically it IS an action game and nobody sane would argue that. But the latest trailer just didn't have anything interesting in it. And generic action montage didn't save it.
I posted the trailer from the first game to emphasis that this is how they cut trailers even going back to the first one. They start out moody and get more and more action orientated. Also you complained about Joel, who they have been hiding, being revealed at the end, like they haven't been doing that the entire time up to this point.

The graphics look amazing. Though I would probably wait for a price cut as I feel like the game would be quite stressful and its not something I would play for hours.

I posted the trailer from the first game to emphasis that this is how they cut trailers even going back to the first one. They start out moody and get more and more action orientated. Also you complained about Joel, who they have been hiding, being revealed at the end, like they haven't been doing that the entire time up to this point.
After hiding Joel for years, his reveal was unimpressive to say the least. It wasn't worth it. And the trailer of the first game you posted - it had more intrigue to it than the latest for Part II. Earlier trailers for Part II were much more interesting too. Teaser and Seraphites. What does this one have? Cringe gay romance. Riding on horses that looks awfully similar to RDR2 (I could almost confuse the two), Joel's brother of all people and carnage montage. I'd prefer just a clean actual game fragment. The one from E3 '18 is outdated and definitely BS, given how staged it was how it had graphics that PS4Pro can't handle.

After hiding Joel for years, his reveal was unimpressive to say the least. It wasn't worth it. And the trailer of the first game you posted - it had more intrigue to it than the latest for Part II. Earlier trailers for Part II were much more interesting too. Teaser and Seraphites. What does this one have? Cringe gay romance. Riding on horses that looks awfully similar to RDR2 (I could almost confuse the two), Joel's brother of all people and carnage montage. I'd prefer just a clean actual game fragment. The one from E3 '18 is outdated and definitely BS, given how staged it was how it had graphics that PS4Pro can't handle.
It wasn't worth it? It sets up his role in the game. Which is Ellie's game.

Also I forking knew this was about the game being about Ellie aka "the gay". Considering your general take on gay characters, it seems pretty clear the part that is "cringe" to you is that they are you know, gay. By the way, you could ride horses in the first game and in the Uncharted series. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

It wasn't worth it? It sets up his role in the game. Which is Ellie's game.
By hiding him they made it look like it was a bigger deal than it really was.
Also I ****ing knew this was about the game being about Ellie aka "the gay". Considering your general take on gay characters, it seems pretty clear the part that is "cringe" to you is that they are you know, gay. By the way, you could ride horses in the first game and in the Uncharted series. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Tell me more, cowboy, about my stance on the gay. It's cringe because it's cringe, not because it's gay. There's good gay stuff in movies, but not in games yet. It's like awful Netflix romances.

You can ride horses in many games. The point is it's yet another game with horse riding and it doesn't look noticeably better than recent RDR2. Which adds to dullness of the trailer. Even in comparison to the first game, bad place yeah, another horse ride through snow and overgrown city. Exciting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"