The Last of Us The Last Of Us 2

Just started this. Only a couple of hours in but finding it amazing so far.

Probably helps that I played the first game for the first time only last year and it's fresh for me.

A new game has been announced!

:oldrazz:

9Ou8QTl.jpg

Iff new hardware is on the way maybe we’ll get another TLOU1 release too. :o :D
2028 isn't that far so could be.:cheeky:

Honestly though, Sony should remake God of War 1/2/3, and if they went beyond by remaking a 2013 videogame...

Gotta remaster all of their games for the PS5, so I'm not surprised. I wish Sony would do this for their much older games (God of War 1/2 and even 3 to make a whole package).

I'm gonna skip the remaster for the same reason I did with the Uncharted 4 PS5 remaster. The graphics already looked amazing on PS4, it's not enough of a leap for me to double dip.

Yes double dipping is a no for me. And I already played this, TLOU, U5 and U4 (my first ps4 game) all in the PS4.

A remaster for this game makes absolutely no sense. They already released a PS5 patch that that unlocked it at 60fps in 4K. Im not sure what a remaster would do other than utilize features of the Dualsense but then that doesnt feel significant enough for a new SKU. Ive read speculation that they will downscale the multiplayer mode and package them together which I guess could work

A remaster for this game makes absolutely no sense. They already released a PS5 patch that that unlocked it at 60fps in 4K. Im not sure what a remaster would do other than utilize features of the Dualsense but then that doesnt feel significant enough for a new SKU. Ive read speculation that they will downscale the multiplayer mode and package them together which I guess could work
Even remaking TLOU 1 for PS5 was unnecessary but there were at least more reasons for it because they had the assets there like updated character models from TLOU Part 2, the differences in graphics from PS3/early PS4 to PS5 are significant, they wanted to put it out there to tie in with the show, etc.

I suppose the main goal here is to get it out there to tie in with season two of the show, only this time they're not likely to get anywhere near as many people upgrading who already own the game as they might have with the Part 1 remake. Unless you're a diehard TLOU fan/collector who has already purchased multiple copies and collector's editions of the games or you don't already own a copy of TLOU 2, there isn't much of a selling point here.

Yeah as much as I loved TLOU2, and it was a lot. I wouldn't bother with the remaster myself. I just have too much other stuff to play.

The remaster is possibly being done for the PC port.

Even remaking TLOU 1 for PS5 was unnecessary but there were at least more reasons for it because they had the assets there like updated character models from TLOU Part 2, the differences in graphics from PS3/early PS4 to PS5 are significant, they wanted to put it out there to tie in with the show, etc.

I suppose the main goal here is to get it out there to tie in with season two of the show, only this time they're not likely to get anywhere near as many people upgrading who already own the game as they might have with the Part 1 remake. Unless you're a diehard TLOU fan/collector who has already purchased multiple copies and collector's editions of the games or you don't already own a copy of TLOU 2, there isn't much of a selling point here.
which is why i think they'll attach Factions to it as the main selling point. The development of the MP game is not doing well and they can either cancel it all together and take those losses or strip it down and make something out o it. Selling it as its own game as originally planned may not be something they can justify so attaching it to a product like this with minimal work wouldnt be a bad idea. This is really the only way I can see a PS5 remaster making sense

They dont remaster a game for PS5 everytime a PC port comes out though and thats a weak reason to do one here

This might have to do with making the game a PS5 native app, since I believe it currently runs under back-compat. They might also be adding features like haptics or 3D audio. It also only runs at 1440p (like the PS4 Pro version) so perhaps they found a way to get it to 4K.

That checks out too since it's been over 3 years since it was released for PS4 and it was about a 3-4 year window for other games like Horizon Zero Dawn and Spider-Man to be ported to PC.

That checks out too since it's been over 3 years since it was released for PS4 and it was about a 3-4 year window for other games like Horizon Zero Dawn and Spider-Man to be ported to PC.
I expect that window to gradually come down for future releases.

It has. There was a 2 year gap for Ratchet and Clank and the same will be true for Horizon FW
Good. That's where Sony can gain good additional income for modest amounts of work if they put out solid ports. Much better route than putting good studios to work to try and hit the GAAS jackpot and away from what they do best.

The majority of the ports released after two years: SM:MM, Returnal, R&C, Sackboy...

The ones that take 3+ years are seemingly PS4-first titles. Ghost of Tsushima was in the Nvidia leak and still no announcement yet.

Looks like TLOU Part 2 Remastered is heading our way real soon.

jack-black-spider-man.gif

It's great news for PS5 owners who haven't played Part II yet but unlike Part I there's not enough of a difference for me to upgrade. That said, I do have to tip my hat to the cover art mirroring Part I:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"