'The Last of Us' HBO Series

I’m happy for them to expand the show with multiple seasons covering TLOU2, and adding unique shows stuff where they feel it’s appropriate too.

Not only that, it would also give Naughty Dog time to do the 3rd game which can then be adapted.

This is actually what I asked for from the start. Part II is so vast they could easily get 3 seasons out of it.

And that's without adding stuff in like in the first season.
The thing to remember is that it's vast because of a significant amount of gameplay. Just like the first season cut down a 14-15 hour long game into an 8-9 hour season, the story of a 24 hour long game like Part II can be condensed to 16-18 hours for the show. I think they can effectively adapt it across two 10-episode seasons. Three could feel like padding.

This is actually what I asked for from the start. Part II is so vast they could easily get 3 seasons out of it.

And that's without adding stuff in like in the first season.
Season 4 might be a little slow but maybe highlight the relationships and bonding it could be a good drama. It might not be video game worthy but on television it should work.

The thing to remember is that it's vast because of a significant amount of gameplay. Just like the first season cut down a 14-15 hour long game into an 8-9 hour season, the story of a 24 hour long game like Part II can be condensed to 16-18 hours for the show. I think they can effectively adapt it across two 10-episode seasons. Three could feel like padding.
The reason why some of us want 3 seasons is because we don’t want them to blow over the aftermath of Seattle. Remember this is a show not a video game. Seattle alone will be expensive to make.

The reason why some of us want 3 seasons is because we don’t want them to blow over the aftermath of Seattle. Remember this is a show not a video game. Seattle alone will be expensive to make.
Oh, they'll get the most out of Seattle for sure since it's still where 80% of the game takes place. Realistically there's not enough post-Seattle story to fill an entire season. Even if they did stretch it to three seasons, that portion of the story would probably be wrapped up in three episodes, tops.

I think they could Season 2 as all the flashbacks between the first and second game. Ending it with THAT moment.

Season 3 Ellie goes after you know who

Season 4 is the background and story of you know who and we get great segments like The Rat King and Seraphite island.

I think they could Season 2 as all the flashbacks between the first and second game. Ending it with THAT moment.

Season 3 Ellie goes after you know who

Season 4 is the background and story of you know who and we get great segments like The Rat King and Seraphite island.
Ok. For that to happen you really have to see the background of the Seraphite leader and what happened between her and Isaac. So many ways to expand the series. I want them to show the early WLF/Seraphite war for an episode anyway.

Ok. For that to happen you really have to see the background of the Seraphite leader and what happened between her and Isaac. So many ways to expand the series. I want them to show the early WLF/Seraphite war for an episode anyway.

They could easily show that. Lots of things they could expand

Have any of you listened to the cutscene commentary from TLOU2 Remastered?

There's a LOT of stuff that were cut out or left out of what they originally planned that the show expanded on. Like Abby and Isaac's almost father/daughter relationship that was mostly just implied.

tumblr_pr43j5NKXU1sehac7o4_r1_540.gif

I love Catherine O'Hara. If she is playing something like the Seraphite Prophet then I imagine they are actually going to show the character because in the game she was just a picture on walls.

It that episode count is true I’m really intrigued with how their going to structure the second game into two seasons. Didn’t Craig Mazin hint that the series could go to a possible season 4? I mean I’m assuming that they will eventually cover the third came after that comes out to finish the story but that game is still years away. Yeah just curious how they plan to split Part II.

Playing the second game PS5 version and it’s an intense experience. Can’t wait to see what Mazin and Druckmann do with it the material. No doubt elevate it like they did with the first season. Also those deaths you and Abby commit on not only the infected but the humans in the game…. season 2 gonna be brutal.

If the 7 or 8 episode count is correct, I can see some episodes being well north of an hour runtime, similar to how the first episode of S1 was basically a double episode. Personally I'd have thought they'd aim for a 10-episode season considering the size of the second game but I trust their judgment.

If they're following the same structure of the game then I can see season 2 fitting most of the first half of the game.

Ain't no way that's all we're getting. You couldn't possibly do justice to the second game in just seven episodes.

Ain't no way that's all we're getting. You couldn't possibly do justice to the second game in just seven episodes.

They're not putting all of Part 2 in one season.

“It’s going to be more than one season. There’s more story, so this show will not end with Season 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"