The Last of Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I am almost done Right now I'm in Salt Lake City and fighting clickers

Just finished it, and what a masterpiece. Greatest game I've ever played, No contest.

Just finished as well. Not the funnest game I've ever played...but the emotional impacts I felt throughout the whole game...the acting, the storytelling, the characters, the graphics, the set pieces...and the rock solid gameplay...my god what a game. Just really a fantastic journey. It's truly a rewarding experience to be a gamer when a game like this comes around.

Last edited:
I'm in the hotel. Boss fight. I have 2 Molotov cocktails, a smoke bomb, 2 nail bombs and 6 bullets.

I think I'm gonna go to bed now and put that ash kicking off till the weekend.

Just finished and all I can say is .... WOW!!! Amazing game!!! Congrats to naughty dawg for creating a masterpiece. I don't know where to begin the emotional impact this game gives is like nothing I have ever played before you feel so attached to these characters. The gameplay was solid but the AI was off a few times. The. Voice acting is top notch as well are the graphics and sound. The music in this game really sets the tone of the game. The endin was good but I thought could have been done better. All in all this game is a must have 10/10
I'll check out multiplayer toomorrow and maybe a second play through.

Last edited:
Just finished and all I can say is .... WOW!!! Amazing game!!! Congrats to naughty dawg for creating a masterpiece. I don't know where to begin the emotional impact this game gives is like nothing I have ever played before you feel so attached to these characters. The gameplay was solid but the AI was off a few times. The. Voice acting is top notch as well are the graphics and sound. The music in this game really sets the tone of the game. The endin was good but I thought could have been done better. All in all this game is a must have 10/10
I'll check out multiplayer toomorrow and maybe a second play through.

Damn im looking forward to getting home from work to night and having beginning this.

Finally finished this. It is amazing that both "The Last of Us" and "Bioshock Infinite" came out months apart, because these are the type of games that don't come along often enough. Great gameplay, sublime level design, and characters I couldn't help but fall in love with. Booker, Ellie, Joel, Tess, and Elizabeth are the kind of characters you can't help but grow attached to imo.

It is games like "The Last of Us" and "Bioshock Infinite" that make me weary when we talk about all these great "stories" and "characters" in games. These are so far in front in that regard, it is almost laughable. This is truly great storytelling, that carries you to the very last moment.

Infinite might be my favorite I have ever played, and "The Last of Us" I'd easily place alongside it at very top of my list of my absolute favorite games. Thank you Naughty Dog. Especially after Uncharted 3. :)

Yay! It's the weekend again which means I can play for long stretches without having to worry about work too much. Monday pretty much killed the momentum I had with this game

I just started my Survivor difficulty playthrough tonight. It's freaking awesome. Like, hardly any supplies at all. It feels exactly as hard as the game should feel, I love it.

Wow I didn't know Nolan North was in this game I can't believe who he plays I couldn't even tell it was him.

Played it for about an hour this morning, wow talk about a punch in the chest to start it off! Really love walking around at the moment, trying to play it smart and not over use the gun.

Have they made it so the gun play isn't that great on purpose, to feel more real?!

Well apparently there's a pod cast with the members of the design team( Bruce Straley and Neil Druckmann) behind The Last Of Us on Vic's basement, that was just put up.

Just letting you know in case any of you are interested.

Last edited:
An amazing game with one of the most heartfelt story of this gen. A wonderful sendoff to this gen of games. Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson completely outdid themselves by the way.

Oh and that music. :hrt:

An amazing game with one of the most heartfelt story of this gen. A wonderful sendoff to this gen of games. Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson completely outdid themselves by the way.

the soundtrack could win an oscar thats how good it was!!

I just found out the director of this game, Bruce Straley, was the game director of Uncharted 2, but not Uncharted 1 or 3. It is all starting to seem so clear. Amy Henning, get out the way. :cwink:

When you play games like this, The Witcher 2, Half-Life, and Bioshock, I just don't get how so many eat up the typical videogame fare in terms of story and storytelling. So many games attempt to be faux Hollywood or the ridiculous JRPG stuff. This is genuine, great storytelling.

the soundtrack could win an oscar thats how good it was!!
It is very good, but also very derivative.

I just started my Survivor difficulty playthrough tonight. It's freaking awesome. Like, hardly any supplies at all. It feels exactly as hard as the game should feel, I love it.

Totally agree. I thought the game might lose that constant tense feeling since I had beaten it and more or less know what to expect with the enemies but I love what they did with survivor mode.

Guys I need your opinion on this.

I just got the game but Im worried I wont be able to beat it cuz I am terrible at survival horror games.

So is the game forgiving at easy mode? Or is it still as hard.

Challenging but forgiving. Great autosave locations and plentiful supplies on easy difficulty would make it easy enough.

So, I think I might get a chance to start playing this tonight. For my first playthrough, should I play on normal?

I don't mind hard games, for what it's worth.

Hard for sure. The Last Of Us is about tension and it isn't actually even that hard.

So I finally got the game today. This. So much this. It's ridiculous.

p3YY1WR.jpg

The AI can even bump into the enemy and nothing happens. But I? "Oh, did you just shift your weight? I'll be there in a second to rip out your throat."

So, I generally don't get into multiplayer anymore. But I figured...what the heck, i'll give it a try. And you know what? I really liked it! I'm having a blast. It's just like playing the single player only with real life enemy scavengers.

p3YY1WR.jpg

The AI can even bump into the enemy and nothing happens. But I? "Oh, did you just shift your weight? I'll be there in a second to rip out your throat."

haha that's funny. And it's true...but it's also a good thing. I mean, would you really want your entire game to depend on the AI?

p3YY1WR.jpg

The AI is great when it comes to Joel but can be dumb when it comes to NPC. I was stealthing along with another character hiding out from the hunters and he ran out , right in front of them several times even bumping into them, yet they never reacted unless they saw me

BTW this game is LONG. Just a little past 12 hours and only 65% complete with the story. Its already much longer than any of the Uncharted games, which took me about 8 hours to complete on average the first time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"