The Last of Us

Discussion in 'Sony' started by Wolfwood, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superhero 101

I think I am almost done Right now I'm in Salt Lake City and fighting clickers

2. BattleCat

BattleCat Well-Known Member

Just finished it, and what a masterpiece. Greatest game I've ever played, No contest.

3. Spider-X

Spider-X Big damn hero

Just finished as well. Not the funnest game I've ever played...but the emotional impacts I felt throughout the whole game...the acting, the storytelling, the characters, the graphics, the set pieces...and the rock solid gameplay...my god what a game. Just really a fantastic journey. It's truly a rewarding experience to be a gamer when a game like this comes around.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  4. Spider-Who?

Spider-Who? ERMERGERD!

I'm in the hotel. Boss fight. I have 2 Molotov cocktails, a smoke bomb, 2 nail bombs and 6 bullets.

I think I'm gonna go to bed now and put that ass kicking off till the weekend.

5. Superhero 101

Just finished and all I can say is .... WOW!!! Amazing game!!! Congrats to naughty dawg for creating a masterpiece. I don't know where to begin the emotional impact this game gives is like nothing I have ever played before you feel so attached to these characters. The gameplay was solid but the AI was off a few times. The. Voice acting is top notch as well are the graphics and sound. The music in this game really sets the tone of the game. The endin was good but I thought could have been done better. All in all this game is a must have 10/10
    I'll check out multiplayer toomorrow and maybe a second play through.

6. Chrisbarnes182

Damn im looking forward to getting home from work to night and having beginning this.

7. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Finally finished this. It is amazing that both "The Last of Us" and "Bioshock Infinite" came out months apart, because these are the type of games that don't come along often enough. Great gameplay, sublime level design, and characters I couldn't help but fall in love with. Booker, Ellie, Joel, Tess, and Elizabeth are the kind of characters you can't help but grow attached to imo.

It is games like "The Last of Us" and "Bioshock Infinite" that make me weary when we talk about all these great "stories" and "characters" in games. These are so far in front in that regard, it is almost laughable. This is truly great storytelling, that carries you to the very last moment.

Infinite might be my favorite I have ever played, and "The Last of Us" I'd easily place alongside it at very top of my list of my absolute favorite games. Thank you Naughty Dog. Especially after Uncharted 3. :)

8. Havok83

Havok83 Well-Known Member

Yay! It's the weekend again which means I can play for long stretches without having to worry about work too much. Monday pretty much killed the momentum I had with this game

9. Wolvieboy17

Wolvieboy17 Believe it!

I just started my Survivor difficulty playthrough tonight. It's freaking awesome. Like, hardly any supplies at all. It feels exactly as hard as the game should feel, I love it.

10. Superhero 101

Wow I didn't know Nolan North was in this game I can't believe who he plays I couldn't even tell it was him.

11. UnionJack

UnionJack In training at MI:13

Played it for about an hour this morning, wow talk about a punch in the chest to start it off! Really love walking around at the moment, trying to play it smart and not over use the gun.

Have they made it so the gun play isn't that great on purpose, to feel more real?!

12. Wolvieboy17

Wolvieboy17 Believe it!

Yeah although you can level up your aiming

13. zenith16

zenith16 Well-Known Member

Well apparently there's a pod cast with the members of the design team( Bruce Straley and Neil Druckmann) behind The Last Of Us on Vic's basement, that was just put up.

Just letting you know in case any of you are interested.

14. craigdbfan

craigdbfan Well-Known Member

An amazing game with one of the most heartfelt story of this gen. A wonderful sendoff to this gen of games. Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson completely outdid themselves by the way.

Oh and that music. :hrt:

15. #1Batmanfan

#1Batmanfan Well-Known Member

the soundtrack could win an oscar thats how good it was!!

16. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

I just found out the director of this game, Bruce Straley, was the game director of Uncharted 2, but not Uncharted 1 or 3. It is all starting to seem so clear. Amy Henning, get out the way. :cwink:

When you play games like this, The Witcher 2, Half-Life, and Bioshock, I just don't get how so many eat up the typical videogame fare in terms of story and storytelling. So many games attempt to be faux Hollywood or the ridiculous JRPG stuff. This is genuine, great storytelling.

It is very good, but also very derivative.

17. eternalinferno

eternalinferno Well-Known Member

Totally agree. I thought the game might lose that constant tense feeling since I had beaten it and more or less know what to expect with the enemies but I love what they did with survivor mode.

18. RCM

RCM Mortal Kombatant

Guys I need your opinion on this.

I just got the game but Im worried I wont be able to beat it cuz I am terrible at survival horror games.

So is the game forgiving at easy mode? Or is it still as hard.

19. Wolvieboy17

Wolvieboy17 Believe it!

Challenging but forgiving. Great autosave locations and plentiful supplies on easy difficulty would make it easy enough.

20. ChrisBaleBatman

ChrisBaleBatman Legendary Hero

So, I think I might get a chance to start playing this tonight. For my first playthrough, should I play on normal?

I don't mind hard games, for what it's worth.

21. Electro UK

Electro UK Can't all be for nothing

Hard for sure. The Last Of Us is about tension and it isn't actually even that hard.

22. Nathan

Nathan ...

So I finally got the game today. This. So much this. It's ridiculous.

[​IMG]

The AI can even bump into the enemy and nothing happens. But I? "Oh, did you just shift your weight? I'll be there in a second to rip out your throat."

23. Destructus86

Destructus86 Well-Known Member

So, I generally don't get into multiplayer anymore. But I figured...what the heck, i'll give it a try. And you know what? I really liked it! I'm having a blast. It's just like playing the single player only with real life enemy scavengers.

24. Destructus86

Destructus86 Well-Known Member

haha that's funny. And it's true...but it's also a good thing. I mean, would you really want your entire game to depend on the AI?

25. Havok83

Havok83 Well-Known Member

The AI is great when it comes to Joel but can be dumb when it comes to NPC. I was stealthing along with another character hiding out from the hunters and he ran out , right in front of them several times even bumping into them, yet they never reacted unless they saw me

BTW this game is LONG. Just a little past 12 hours and only 65% complete with the story. Its already much longer than any of the Uncharted games, which took me about 8 hours to complete on average the first time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.