The LAW & ORDER Franchise (SVU-CI and Original Recipe)

SoulManX

The Inspector!
Reaction score
Have not seen a thread for Law and Order and it's spin offs.

So what spin off do u like?

Or are you a a die hard for just Law and Order and not the spin offs?

Favorite ep or cops or just talking about the cases....

It's all about SVU. I don't even watch regular Law & Order anymore. I never got into Criminal Intent because D'Nofrio's "I'm too smart for you" character got on my nerves, and I was pleased as punch to see Trial By Jury get cancelled, 'cause it was just silly.

Started watching the original in '99 and then slowly started watching SVU and that's what I will watch now.

Adam Beach Boards Law & Order: SVU
Source: Variety
January 18, 2007

Flags of Our Fathers actor Adam Beach is joining the cast of "Law & Order: SVU," reports Variety.

Beach, who had a guest turn as Brooklyn detective Chester Lake on an episode of the series that aired Tuesday, is in final talks to become a series regular. He's expected to return later this season.

"SVU" creator Dick Wolf first worked with Beach on "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee," the HBO telepic Wolf produced. Beach has the lead role in the project, which is expected to debut in May and is already being considered one of the channel's key Emmy contenders.

I think I enjoy watching SVU the most.
I like the cast more than the others.

Adam Beach Boards Law & Order: SVU
Source: Variety
January 18, 2007

Flags of Our Fathers actor Adam Beach is joining the cast of "Law & Order: SVU," reports Variety.

Beach, who had a guest turn as Brooklyn detective Chester Lake on an episode of the series that aired Tuesday, is in final talks to become a series regular. He's expected to return later this season.

"SVU" creator Dick Wolf first worked with Beach on "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee," the HBO telepic Wolf produced. Beach has the lead role in the project, which is expected to debut in May and is already being considered one of the channel's key Emmy contenders.

Good for him! I've always liked him as an actor, and he's been due more exposure. i really liked the interplay between him and Ice-T.

Well Ice-T makes SVU and Vincent D'onorfrio is one of the best actors around, so he makes Criminal intent, and the normal Law and order is pretty great too, both the leads work well.

I've been a fan of Law and Order since my college years (96-01). Every Wednesday night, me and a couple friends stopped by the apartment of our dorm's head resident and watch Law and Order. Since then, I've always watched it.

It took me a little bit to warm up to SVU, but it's alright. I've only watched one episode of Criminal Intent and haven't watched it since. I kinda want to now since they also have Chris Noth's character Mike Logan on it. And from catching the Law and Order reruns, he was pretty damn good. But I always find something else I want to see, so I pass on it.

I've never heard of Trial by Jury

I'm afraid it may finally be time to end the original. I also watched them throughout high school, college, hell I'm probably seen some of the Brisco/Logan episodes 10 times on repeats. But last season the orginal was horrible and now I don't even know what night it's on or who the ADA No. 2 is.

I've been a fan of Law and Order since my college years (96-01). Every Wednesday night, me and a couple friends stopped by the apartment of our dorm's head resident and watch Law and Order. Since then, I've always watched it.

It took me a little bit to warm up to SVU, but it's alright. I've only watched one episode of Criminal Intent and haven't watched it since. I kinda want to now since they also have Chris Noth's character Mike Logan on it. And from catching the Law and Order reruns, he was pretty damn good. But I always find something else I want to see, so I pass on it.

I've never heard of Trial by Jury

I've enjoyed the Chris Noth episodes.

Trail by Jury was Briscoe's last ride. Like SVU deals mostly with the police, TBJ deals mostly with the lawyers so not that exciting.

Great to hear Adam Beach joining the cast of SVU.

We need a Law & Order vs CSI thread!!! :D

I love Chris Noth...Det. Mike Logan is the best cop on the whole. I will that he was the lead detective on L&O.

The original Law and Order hasnt been the same since Lenny Briscoe died:(

I never miss a episode of SVU or CI but the original for me is boring without JO.
SVU is the best out of the three, the characters and actors rule!:oldrazz:

Anyone else watch Melissa Joan Hart guest star as a high school teacher accused of rape? She definitely do more drama. And another great episode of SVU. Best police procedural on TV.

Since my job has me working nights, I can't catch SVU anymore. And USA is mostly showing Criminal Intent repeats, so I catch those. And I'm liking Criminal Intent more than the regular Law and Order series. Plus, they show the new Criminal Intent episodes on the weekend.

Now if they could throw in some of the SVU episodes like they used to, it'd be good.

Anyone else watch Melissa Joan Hart guest star as a high school teacher accused of rape? She definitely do more drama. And another great episode of SVU. Best police procedural on TV.

I'm glad she didn't turn out to be a habitual student-f***er, and the kid in question was the real predator. I would've cringed if they had played it out Mary-Kay Leturneau style, and had her and the student be in love.

OT: why is Marishka Hargitay's hair drastically changing in length with each new episode?!? The season premiere, it's shoulder length, then last week, she had the pixie cut from season two, then last night it was long again, but next week, it's the pixie cut again! Someone needs to shoot whoever's in charge of continuity!

I heart the original.

Surely, we can all agree that L&O hasn't been this good in years because of the writing and especially the additions of Jeremy Sisto and Linus Roache.

I'm wondering how much longer Sam Waterston will be on because I don't know how much further Dick Wolf & Co. can take the Jack McCoy character now that he's the DA.

Jesse Martin is leaving the original show and Anthony Anderson is going to replace him.

Also, Diane Neal is leaving SVU.

Jesse Martin is leaving the original show and Anthony Anderson is going to replace him.

Also, Diane Neal is leaving SVU.

Yeah, I heard that too.

Rumors have Ed Green (Jesse L. Martin) being put away in jail for gunning down someone from his past. Anthony Anderson is playing an "International Affairs" agent bought in to the case.

I don't like all too much. I think Green should [blackout]have it better than that.[/blackout] :csad:

I watch SVU quite a bit. And more often than the others.

Criminal Intent is alright. I'll check it out if I happen to see it on.

And I rarely if ever, watch the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"