• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The LAW & ORDER Franchise (SVU-CI and Original Recipe)

Can we add Law and Order:UK to this thread??

How is that, BTW? I've been meaning to download the eppys, just haven't had the time.

There are a few non-American versions:

England: Law & Order: UK

Intro:
[YT]ft92z0YOH-8[/YT]

France: Paris Enquêtes Criminelles

Intro:
[YT]NW68hoUJE2s[/YT]

Russia: Закон и Порядок: Преступный умысел

Intro:
[YT]j5mQpd4FPLU[/YT]

That's all I've personally heard about. For all we know, there might be versions from more countries, unofficial or otherwise. All I know is Dick Wolf is really raking it in.

You know what? I haven't heard much about the Russian franchise, but I just noticed that the video I posted above ^ is from the Russian version of "Law & Order: SVU," while the Wiki link is from the Russian version of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" with different actors. I guess there's more than one version of L&O in that country as well. :o

I see them both as quirky, but two different types of quirky. Goren reminds me of Sherlock Holmes with fewer social graces (particularly in his habit of over-explaining everything), but Goldblum's character looks like he's going to be one of those "oops, did I forget to tell you that I've been compiling clues this whole time and that I've already solved this case?" kind of characters, sorta like Hercule Poirot in Christie's older novels.

I wonder if he'll continue to use that tactic or if it was more to show Wheeler that he was deserving of the position. I mean, he's the new guy, so he probably wanted to crack this one on his own to prove he can hang.

I also enjoy Goren's seemingly "random" information that helps him solve the case. Given his less than perfect home life growing up, I wonder if he obtained the knowledge through his means of escape...through books or school or whatever.

Glad to see Stephanie March back on SVU.

I love me some Alexandra Cabot....I grew up watching Law and Order when it first started and recently came back to the original show because it's gotten better...I really like Sisto on the role and it's good to see NBC hooked him up after 'Kidnapped' tanked

Alex Cabot is back? God, she was awesome. Casey Novak was good, but even she had to dye her hair just to look more like Alex.

Alex Cabot is back? God, she was awesome. Casey Novak was good, but even she had to dye her hair just to look more like Alex.

she's back for a few episodes....Casey was dark haired though wasn't she??

Casey had dark hair at first, but dyed it blonde later on.

I just read the reason that Cabot is back for the time being is because Michaela McManus left....why do you just leave one of TVs most successful franchises??

^^Yeah what's up with that? I'm out of the loop.

I just read it today myself...I knew Cabot was going to be filling in for a few episodes, but I didn't know it was because the new girl left.....I read she was on One Tree Hill....maybe Law and Order was too grown up for her

Maybe she had a bad cat fight on the set with Mariska Hargitay, Tamara Tunie, or BD Wong.

I hope they don't. They're the hottest cops on TV, and I've become too emotionally invested in their characters' lives.

I'm more invested in Stabler than Olivia....of all the shows right now, my favorite character is Det. Lupo (I think Sisto is great in that role)

For a second there, I was thinking "the chick from Eureka?" But that's Deputy Jo Lupo.

Detective Lupo is cool, but I rarely get around to watching Law & Order [Proper] these days.

So Alex is no longer in Witness protection?

Also, have the new Criminal Intent Episodes with Jeff Goldblum aired?

So Alex is no longer in Witness protection?
She's been out of witness protection ever since the short lived 'Conviction' spin-off series that nobody watched.

Also, have the new Criminal Intent Episodes with Jeff Goldblum aired?
Yep. I think 2 or 3 Goldblum episodes have aired so far.

By the way, speaking as someone who only started watching Criminal Intent this year through reruns and just started watching new episodes this season, I gotta say that time hasn't been kind to Vincent D'Onofrio. His hair turned completely white, he's about twice as big as he was when the series started, and the beard stubble isn't helping at all. It's only been about 8 years. The Lt. and McCoy on the original L&O haven't aged that badly, and it's been about 15 years for them.

Anthony Anderson has come a long way from "Hang Time" and "Kangaroo Jack" as he's done a good job on the Original L&O.

agreed...I liked his initial guest stint on SVU and was interested when he was added to L&O...its cool to see 2 younger detectives front and center

agreed...I liked his initial guest stint on SVU and was interested when he was added to L&O...its cool to see 2 younger detectives front and center

Was he Detective Bernard on SVU? I don't recall?

I just read it was another character...he's good either way

It's always weird to see actors play two different characters on L&O shows. The weirdest was Casey Novak on SVU. The actress first played a drunk lawyer that group-raped a male stripper, then came back a season or two later as the new ADA. Same show, same type of character, different name.

It's always weird to see actors play two different characters on L&O shows. The weirdest was Casey Novak on SVU. The actress first played a drunk lawyer that group-raped a male stripper, then came back a season or two later as the new ADA. Same show, same type of character, different name.

I just saw that episode for the first time last month.....it was good...I watched the new SVU last night, really good episode....we meet Eliots mom...and Stephanie March is still HOT

I just saw that episode for the first time last month.....it was good...I watched the new SVU last night, really good episode....we meet Eliots mom...and Stephanie March is still HOT

The episode of Eliots mom and his daughter having problems was a re-run. The SVU after that was the new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"