The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part (2019)

TheNextNolan22

Hurting Really REALLY BAD
Reaction score
Chris McKay has been confirmed as the new director.
EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has set Chris McKay to direct its sequel to The LEGO Movie, the film that opened last month and has so far turned in a worldwide gross of $361 million. McKay was animation co-director on the first film that was made under the direction of Phil Lord & Chris Miller. That duo is producing, and Michelle Morgan & Jared Stern are writing a treatment for the next installment. Warner Animation Group is steering the franchise. They are still working all this out, including whether this is a straight sequel or a film that broadens the LEGO empire by focusing on the character Ninjago.

At the same time, McKay is also negotiating a first-look producer deal at the studio. Dan Lin & Roy Lee are also producing. Who’s McKay? The Chicago native cur his teeth mixing animation with irreverence on the small screen, winning an Emmy for his work on Cartoon Network’s Robot Chicken, on which he has directed over 40 episodes, and the film Robot Chicken: Star Wars Episode 3. He also directed and produced Titan Maximum for Adult Swim.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/03/war...ecting/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I have to agree. i liked the big cast of characters from different LEGO worlds, all coming together. That was half the charm right there.

Also, doesn't really make much sense to have a separate theatrical Batman film release that will fall between Batman's live action film appearances (BvS and JL).

I don't think anyone walked out of The Lego Movie thinking, "Man, I really hope the next movie in this series is just focused on Lego Batman primarily."

WB and Batman.

they dont get it.

This is a movie that will make money, especially after BvS in 2016. After the Lego Movie I'm not gonna assume that this will be a bad product. As a matter of fact, I'm excited for it.

Also, doesn't really make much sense to have a separate theatrical Batman film release that will fall between Batman's live action film appearances (BvS and JL).

I don't think anyone walked out of The Lego Movie thinking, "Man, I really hope the next movie in this series is just focused on Lego Batman primarily."

Why doesn't it make sense? Batman will be at an all-time high.

I dont mind a Batman exclusive movie. I think it's funny. But I dont like how they pushed back Lego Movie 2 for this

Why doesn't it make sense? Batman will be at an all-time high.

They run the risk of over-saturation. And honestly, Batman was already a huge focal point of the first Lego Movie, and I assumed he would remain a staple of the Lego franchise in the eventual sequel...not that they'd decide to devote a whole movie to Lego Batman, his adventures, and side characters.

As someone else said, part of the draw of the Lego Movie was the fact that multiple worlds and franchises came together in a really satisfying way. A proper sequel has great potential to do the same thing and build on it all. Now it would seem they'll be limiting themselves by pushing off the proper sequel in favor of a Batman-centric Lego movie.

Maybe I was off by saying this doesn't make sense. Rather, it's just unnecessary, and this is coming from a die-hard Batman fan. I'm sure I'll see it and enjoy it immensely if it's as good as the original movie, but I'm still not behind the idea. They could have instead delivered a true Lego Movie sequel and made Batman even more of a main character, with other worlds/franchises invading Gotham and mixing/mashing with Batman's characters.

Almost a year. Crap. That will be 5 years after the first one.

Whatever it takes to make it good. I just don't want it to be a 'Cloudy Meatballs 2' situation, where it was so average compared to the original.

and when comes this Ninjago Movie out 2018 or 2019 ?

and when comes this Ninjago Movie out 2018 or 2019 ?

Ninjago is currently scheduled for September 22, 2017.

I think WB hit a sweet spot for their animated films. Thanks to strong reviews and that early February 2014 release, The Lego Movie was a huge hit. That's why The Lego Batman Movie is coming out the same weekend next year.

hmmm ok but i don't think its a good Move to Bring 2 Lego Spin Offs in 2017 and then The Next in 2019 i think they Announce an Other One for 2018 at Next Months SDCC

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"