The look of the Batsuit in Burton's Batman 3...

LuiECuomo

Civilian
Reaction score
Anyone curious as to what the Batsuit may have evolved into had Burton continued the film series? It never made sense to me that he started B89 with a black muscle suit, continued it in BR with a sort of geometrical design, and BF picked up with Bats in a sort of streamlined version of the first film. What do you think the suit would have realistically looked like had Schumacher not gotten involved and Bob Ringwood continued putting Burton's vision to paper? For some reason, I think it would have been much different than what we got.

OT, but here are a few pics of what I think the BATMOBILE would have looked like in BF:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/ahai168/ahaibatmobile/1990skiaasamiyabatmobile.jpg
http://www.batmobilehistory.com/1999-batmobile.php
http://www.batmobilehistory.com/batman-manbat-batmobile.php

Hmmm.. I don't know. I think the batmobile would have looked the same, only with different capabilities, like in Returns.. I don't think the design would have changed; however, if it did, it wouldn't have changed that much. Then again, that first design is bad ass... I could see Burton doing something like that. Great pics.

Yeah, I was thinking probably the first or third designs are more in keeping in line with the original Batmobile. I think it would be cool to take the Bat-head off the front of the third one and place it on the front end of the first, and that would make for the perfect combination.

Anyway, I haven't been able to get a solid opinion of what the Batsuit would have looked like.

Check this link: http://www.milesteves.com/illustration.php

Do any of those Batsuits looks appropriate? They look very mechanical and "industrialized." However, they are probably a bit extreme. Although, if you color them black, they may be a bit more acceptable. Anyone up to that job?

Hey Boom, is your avatar from the Keep Fishin' video?

LuiECuomo said:
Hey Boom, is your avatar from the Keep Fishin' video?
No idea. I didn't make it.

It's from a Weezer music video, you know. LOL

actually the suit would have looked pretty similar to what we got in Forever. The sculpting had already taken place way before the casting/directing changeovers. That suit was being sculpted for Keaton, if you look at the cowls, the Panther and Returns are quit similar, it was all meant to be a more streamlined suit originaly, and thats what was made.

SHADOWBAT69 said:
actually the suit would have looked pretty similar to what we got in Forever. The sculpting had already taken place way before the casting/directing changeovers. That suit was being sculpted for Keaton, if you look at the cowls, the Panther and Returns are quit similar, it was all meant to be a more streamlined suit originaly, and thats what was made.

there was already a suit being sculpted for keaton that was very similar to the panther suit. but shumacher ordered a redesign that added more defined musculature (hence the way overdone abs) a sleeker, shinier finish, and, of course, the nipples.

I would have liked to see what Keaton looked like in the panther suit, I guarantee way more badass than kilmer!!

DaRkVeNgeanCe said:
I would have liked to see what Keaton looked like in the panther suit, I guarantee way more badass than kilmer!!

I dunno,...Kilmer was taller and looked more statuesque in the Batsuit. As much as I liked Keaton, his diminutive stature really hurt at times and was very noticable. I wonder if you held his head at arm's length if he would be able to hit you or just throw haymakers?

you wouldn't be able to because he'd have punched you in the throat and be dangling you over the ledge of a building before you realised he was there.
kilmer may have been taller, but keaton will always be scarier. he was like an undead monster sent to punish the criminals of gotham. kilmer was like a dude in a kinky suit who knew some kung fu.

cryptic name said:
you wouldn't be able to because he'd have punched you in the throat and be dangling you over the ledge of a building before you realised he was there.
kilmer may have been taller, but keaton will always be scarier. he was like an undead monster sent to punish the criminals of gotham. kilmer was like a dude in a kinky suit who knew some kung fu.

I didn't realise Michael Keaton was such an accomplished kung fu master! I was referring of course to the actor, not the actual Batman (which of course there isn't) Dig? Anyway, I thought Kilmer fit the role better physically, and I liked the panther suit better as well (even with the nipples, though I would prefer they weren't there) Bale is without a doubt the best physical fit for the Dark Knight, as well as for Bruce Wayne. I hope he sticks around for at least two more films.

As long as the actors don't have to go out to the streets to fight/scare real criminals, who cares of anything but that it does look good on screen?

El Payaso said:
As long as the actors don't have to go out to the streets to fight/scare real criminals, who cares of anything but that it does look good on screen?

Amen.

Thot said:
I didn't realise Michael Keaton was such an accomplished kung fu master! I was referring of course to the actor, not the actual Batman (which of course there isn't) Dig? Anyway, I thought Kilmer fit the role better physically, and I liked the panther suit better as well (even with the nipples, though I would prefer they weren't there) Bale is without a doubt the best physical fit for the Dark Knight, as well as for Bruce Wayne. I hope he sticks around for at least two more films.

i was also referring to the actual actor. michael keaton has powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men due to his consuming the souls of noobs with a poor sense of humor. dig?

I always wonder what Batman 3 would have been like had Burton directed it. I like Batman Forever, but it's nothing compared to the first two movies.

Well, the Bat suit would of been different than the first two, but not as ghey as Joel's versions.

it would in all likelyhood simply be a sleeker, updated version of the 89 suit.

Why is that, though? I mean look at the Returns suit. It is, like I said above, a very geometrical, unrounded take on the B89 suit. What evidence would do you have that would indicate the suit going back to that original design for the third film?

Now way....Burton would always want something new...no matter what..more gadgets on batmobile...different suit, etc....

I think we can all agree that Joel Schumacher ruined the Batman movies and that the catwoman movie sucked. Batman and Robin was one of the worst movies ever!

Joel Schumacher should be smacked around with a stack of comics

LuiECuomo said:
Why is that, though? I mean look at the Returns suit. It is, like I said above, a very geometrical, unrounded take on the B89 suit. What evidence would do you have that would indicate the suit going back to that original design for the third film?

i don't mean the exact same design, i mean the suit would have gone back to looking more organic and less automotive. as stated above, bob ringwood's initial designs for batman 3 were a lot like the panther suit, but with less ridiculous musculature and no nipples. that sounds a lot like an updated version of the 89 suit to me.

You know, muscle suit for B89 and body armor for BR, what would've the next step to take after that for the suit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"