The look of the Batsuit in Burton's Batman 3...

Interesting poster. Robin Williams looks very menacing as The Riddler!

bats1.jpg

As many have said, take away the nipples and that's the best Batman costume ever made.

Wow, that's awesome!

Nice touch with removing the nipples. ;)

Can someone just remove the nipples from Val Kilmer's costume? I think that would be the best suit of the 4 movies.

personally, i dont think the suit would look like that fake muscle B89 suit. they had that in B89, in Returns it turned into more of an armored suit while still keeping the same belt and boots, and in burtons 3rd i believe the armored look would stay, the belt would stay, maybe it would be slightly changed, and the oval would stay. like the Returns suit was different but still retained elements of the B89 suit, same would happen with the 3rd movie suit, it would be different from Returns and B89 but still retain elements from both prior suits. i dont think they would go back to the fake muscle suit like they did in forever, it would probably be something along the lines of the Begins suit, but better.

Everyone know that H.R. Giger did a design of the batmobile for BF right?

personally, i dont think the suit would look like that fake muscle B89 suit. they had that in B89, in Returns it turned into more of an armored suit while still keeping the same belt and boots, and in burtons 3rd i believe the armored look would stay, the belt would stay, maybe it would be slightly changed, and the oval would stay. like the Returns suit was different but still retained elements of the B89 suit, same would happen with the 3rd movie suit, it would be different from Returns and B89 but still retain elements from both prior suits. i dont think they would go back to the fake muscle suit like they did in forever, it would probably be something along the lines of the Begins suit, but better.

Bob Ringwood already did the sculpting before Burton and Keaton dropped out. I believe someone mentioned that on this thread already. The suit was going to look very similar to the Kilmer one. Just no nipples and less stylized musculature. Probably no black belt either.

Everyone knows I don't like to post here, but this part of the forum seems to be ok. So I'm gonna share a pic I did a few years ago. It fits this topic very nice.
BFMK.jpg

Everyone knows I don't like to post here, but this part of the forum seems to be ok. So I'm gonna share a pic I did a few years ago. It fits this topic very nice.
BFMK.jpg

Great job... best Keaton-Forever manip I've seen!

It seems unlikely that Burton—having transitioned to a more streamlined suit in BR—would have reverted back to the muscular approach used in B89. The probable scenario is that the BR suit would have been retained, more-or-less, and that if there was a fundamental change intended it was more likely to have been toward a ‘Sonar’ approach rather than Panther.

No, it was going to go back to the more organic styling. The suit was already being designed for Keaton, as was mentioned earlier. I think by me and Proximo. The Forever Panther cowl is Keatons cowl, that was never changed.

BFMK.jpg

Nice. Though I still believe they would have kept the yellow utility belt.

It seems unlikely that Burton—having transitioned to a more streamlined suit in BR—would have reverted back to the muscular approach used in B89. The probable scenario is that the BR suit would have been retained, more-or-less, and that if there was a fundamental change intended it was more likely to have been toward a ‘Sonar’ approach rather than Panther.
Agree 100%. He said Burton, not schumacher. It's a fact that Burton and Ringwood disliked the muscle torso that was forced on them to keep some brand recognition. Look at promotional interviews for the second one, that gets mentioned a lot. The BR suit is close to what they originally wanted, only better. Though there is still some evidence of compromise, the chest emblem became more traditional after fan complaints. And the belt is more or less the same.

Bob Ringwood already did the sculpting before Burton and Keaton dropped out. I believe someone mentioned that on this thread already. The suit was going to look very similar to the Kilmer one. Just no nipples and less stylized musculature. Probably no black belt either.
Fans have trouble coming to terms with there being no alternate universe where WB would let Burton direct another movie in this series. It was a schumacher film since day 1. Burton was not a "hands-on" producer either, but a marketable name attachment to alleviate fan fears. Much like they're doing now with the Nolan name and the DCEU.

Ringwood never sculpted anything. He was the department head who hired everyone. He did do costume design illustrations on the first one. José Fernandez and Miles Teves are the true BF costume designers. Team Burton wanted a very different black belt on Keaton from the very beginning, but some dumbass mentioned the belt being black in a newspaper interview, according to Anton Furst. Then comic book fans started complaining and the people who make those kinds of decisions came and said that it had to look like the yellow capsule belt from back then. Burton and company all hated the yellow belt, and it was Furst who came up with the "brass" color compromise. That's right, a design genius who worked on the first film insisted that the belt was not yellow.
http://sma.sciarc.edu/subclip/anton-fursst-designer-of-the-batcave-clip_2556/

The BR suit still retains organic qualities. The sculptor of the bodysuit, Steve Wang has openly acknowledged the ab-plates being done in homage to the Gillman. His favorite movie monster of all time.

lMP4x7a.jpg

600146_10150917750473697_1553583829_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88