The Lounge at the End of the Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ledger's still my favorite Joker design. I like that his makeup is quick and dirty. I like that his smile is a Glasgow smile. I like that his teeth are yellow and rotten. I like that his green hair is a quick sloppy dye job. It makes him seem like a man that's completely stopped caring about his wellbeing. A man that's totally unhinged and disconnected from society's standards and rules. He looks like a human psychopath. Rather than a comic book supervillain. Which is good in the context of a Nolan Batman film. Nolan did a great job bringing the Joker into a more grounded portrayal of Batman.

As for future Jokers, I would like to see an albino Joker. With the pinkish red eyes too. That'd make him even creepier and there'd be no need to explain why he is so white. No acid or chemical stuff. Just a real world genetic deformity.

Ehh I think the “albinos as villains” thing is already overdone.

I can't wait to see Frances Conroy play the jokers mother! They should focus the movie on her instead bc she will be incredible :D

Because that's exactly what audiences go to see....a movie about The Joker's mother.

If they want to focus on a mother they should let Ciaran Hinds play the son. That man cares for mothers a little too much in some of his roles.

New video of Joaquin Phoenix in full Joker makeup and costume filming a scene on the subway terminal. Video at link:

TMZ

The costume is pretty good, but that makeup is still awful. Pics from the scene:

joaquin-phoenix-transforms-into-the-joker-filming-riot-scene-02.jpg

joaquin-phoenix-transforms-into-the-joker-filming-riot-scene-04.jpg

Dnu4jfZU8AAirAL.jpg

joaquin-phoenix-transforms-into-the-joker-filming-riot-scene-18.jpg

More pics at link:

Joaquin Phoenix Transforms into The Joker While Filming Riot Scene! | joaquin phoenix transforms into the joker filming riot scene 02 - Photo

Last edited:
I'm with C Lee. Nicholson is still my favorite movie Joker. Hamill being the overall favorite if we consider all media. Nicholson just better hit the notes I think of when I think Joker.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Ledger's Joker too. He would come in second to me. He acted the hell out of the role. He just didn't quite come off as a quintessential, classic Joker to me.

That's just IMO though. I think most of us can agree Letto was just awful. I can only see anything else as a step up. My only problem with Phoenix is, as good as an actor as he can be, he's usually serious, and quiet. I just can't see him laughing as he psychotically kills someone. Or smirking as he kills someone with a childish prank gone lethal.

Hopefully he pulls it off though as the DC movie universe has been a let down, again, to me. With Cavill possibly leaving the role, a GOOD Joker movie could be what I need to not just give up on that movie franchise until an inevitable reboot down the road.

I don't want to ever hear anyone say anything bad about Caesar Romero's makeup. This is pure ****.

I'm with C Lee. Nicholson is still my favorite movie Joker. Hamill being the overall favorite if we consider all media. Nicholson just better hit the notes I think of when I think Joker.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Ledger's Joker too. He would come in second to me. He acted the hell out of the role. He just didn't quite come off as a quintessential, classic Joker to me.
Never go with this thought between Batman fanatics, they will try to strip you of your sanity. And don't try to read long long posts trying to explain why you are 5000000% wrong, cause they will be annoying to read.

That's just IMO though. I think most of us can agree Letto was just awful. I can only see anything else as a step up. My only problem with Phoenix is, as good as an actor as he can be, he's usually serious, and quiet. I just can't see him laughing as he psychotically kills someone. Or smirking as he kills someone with a childish prank gone lethal.

Hopefully he pulls it off though as the DC movie universe has been a let down, again, to me. With Cavill possibly leaving the role, a GOOD Joker movie could be what I need to not just give up on that movie franchise until an inevitable reboot down the road.

Phoenix has been doing slightly off kilter, goofy, strange characters for years. I really dont think he's gonna have any problem becoming the Joker. Not if he draws from his prior experience.

Took me about fifteen minutes to order pizza from a place I've been eating from for over ten years now cuz they had what sounded like a 14 year old girl handling the phones tonight.

"What's address?"

"It should be in the system. The phone number is xxx-xxxx."

"Okay... So the Prince Hotel."

"No... It's not the Prince Hotel. The number is xxx-xxxx."

"So... It's the Prince Hotel?"

"No... It's a residence, not a hotel. You're delivering to the ground floor, the front desk."

"Okay... What will you be having?"

"I'll have a sausage and black olives pizza on the crispy side. And a order of broccoli with garlic and olive oil. Uh... Hello? Miss, are you there?"

(Dead silence for five minutes)

"What are you ordering again?"

"A sausage pizza with black olives on the crispy side. And an order of broccoli with garlic and olive oil."

(Silence again.)

"You want a sausage pizza with black olives and broccoli on top..."

"No... I want a sausage pizza with black olives and an order of broccoli with garlic and olive oil."

(Silence once more.)

"Hello?"

"Yes, I'm still holding for my order."

"Right... So you want a sausage pizza with black olives and spaghetti with broccoli and olive oil?"

"No... I want a sausage pizza with black olives and a side order of broccoli garlic and olive oil."

"You want the broccoli on the pizza?"

"No... I want a sausage pizza with black olives and an order of broccoli with garlic and olive oil. Separate, as in a pizza and the broccoli as a separate order... Do you understand?"

(Silence yet again...)

"I'm sorry what was the order again?"

This continued until I finally got her to understand me. Of course that was over forty minutes ago and I'm thinking I'm not getting my food since this place usually takes less than a half hour to get me my food.

No pizza for you.

"I'll have a sausage and black olives pizza on the crispy side. And a order of broccoli with garlic and olive oil.
I think I might want to try this meal.

And it looks like you will have to resend your order, or rescind it.

Never had broccoli with pizza.....and I don't go out of my way for olives.

Try pizza with zucchini as part of the topping, it was a pleasant surprise for me.

guys... its not the final look for Joaquin. relax.

still complete ledger rip off there though lol

Try pizza with zucchini as part of the topping, it was a pleasant surprise for me.
If I had pizza with zucchini on it.....I would be surprised too.

Phoenix has been doing slightly off kilter, goofy, strange characters for years. I really dont think he's gonna have any problem becoming the Joker. Not if he draws from his prior experience.

Admittedly I've missed the last few movies he's made. I also think he's a good actor. So I'm not doubting he can actually do it, as much as I'm having trouble trying to actually picture it in my head based on the movies I have seen him in. That said, I'm behind on movie news. I didn't even know there was a Joker movie in the works until you guys posted this story.

Really. I just watched a movie with Phoenix in it, this guy here looks way too thin to be him.

Its him. He does appear to have slimmed down a bit for the role.

The scene is meant to be some sort of riot. One of the signs says, "Eat the rich." Another says, "Wake up." And one looks like it might say, "Joker for Mayor." Maybe the real world 99% vs 1% / poor vs rich economic issues will be part of the plot. Wouldnt surprise me at all if this Joker is someone that was fired from their job, lost everything they had, and developed some sort of insane grudge against government, corporations, and the super rich of Gotham. And turns into some kind of Tyler Durden type character that wants to burn it all down.

Plus with that sort of origin itd make the character somewhat relatable and a tragic character. More like a protagonist rather than just an unknown psychopath antagonist.

Never go with this thought between Batman fanatics, they will try to strip you of your sanity. And don't try to read long long posts trying to explain why you are 5000000% wrong, cause they will be annoying to read.

Wisdom completely accepted. I tried to go in the Batforum's once during the Nolan trilogy. I'm still recovering. I remember everyone arguing, speculating, then...blacking out. Then I wake up in Mexico, minus a kidney, and the words, "Why so serious?" tattooed on me.

Joking aside, I do tend to avoid the movie forums. People get downright territorial in them.

Wisdom completely accepted. I tried to go in the Batforum's once during the Nolan trilogy. I'm still recovering. I remember everyone arguing, speculating, then...blacking out. Then I wake up in Mexico, minus a kidney, and the words, "Why so serious?" tattooed on me.

Joking aside, I do tend to avoid the movie forums. People get downright territorial in them.

No doubt. I was active in the batboards more during the Nolan years and during the production of Suicide Squad, and got to live through "Permagate", "Blurplegate", and "Grillgate".

giphy.gif

I'm not sure I've got the nerves to put up with whatever controversy arises with Joaquer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"