Iron Man Sequels The Madame Masque Thread

Save Monica for the role she was born to play: Countess Valentina De Fontaine

Catherine Zeta Jones might be interesting as Madame Masque. I don't really want to see her as an anti-hero. I would rather see her as a leader of a major terrorist network and also a neurotic psychopath love interest for Tony. A real crazy lady... who likes knives and weird sex.

50scan0002.jpg

502scan0002.jpg

Catherine Zeta Jones might be interesting as Madame Masque. I don't really want to see her as an anti-hero. I would rather see her as a leader of a major terrorist network and also a neurotic psychopath love interest for Tony. A real crazy lady... who likes knives and weird sex.
knives during weird sex? :D :oldrazz:

and that pic above, is that tony only wearing the red pics of the SC?

and that pic above, is that tony only wearing the red pics of the SC?

Yea, he's got the silver parts on the legs, but he was coming out of the suit when Cabe drew a gun on him.

45scan0001.jpg

What do you guys think of the idea of MM using her standard gold mask part of the time and the rest of the time when she's on screen using something similar to what Darkman did(fake skin of some sort that allows her to move around in public/interact with others unnoticed)?

How about the actress that was in Pandorum, Antje Traue?

Antje_Traue.jpg

I'm in favor of Claudia Black. She's got the acting chops and physical presence to carry off the role.

1297734017_645a560643.jpg

Claudia-Black-picture-Z1G74042_b.jpg

I wonder if Rachel Weisz would be interested? She's done genre films before and she would be a fasinating foil for RDJ's Tony.

Weisz would be cool. I was thinking Carrie Ann Moss would be interesting too

I think what fascinates me about Madame Masque isn't her role as a love-drunk former-flame to Tony but rather her role as a traitor (w/ a heart :p). One of the most essential aspects has got to be her insanity--borderline bipolarity etc. Her hiding behind a mask also contrasts well with what Stark does at the end of IM1 -- revealing his mask for all to see. THat should, at the very least, make for some interesting stories on the big screen. They should really be careful with highlighting Pepper as well though -- the last thing we need is a villainess conforming to your textbook misogyny.

So... as traitor, full-on crazy, exotically European, leader of the Maggia, and the Stark-contrast to hiding her identity, I'd say the best candidate would be Eva Green.

Would she be too obvious a choice for the role?

I like how IronFan justifies her as a villainess: exploring Stark's weakness of a bodacious bod with add-on-crazy. For the part she needs to go toe-to-toe with RDJ with the quips, maybe like Pepper herself only without all her "haranguing." It'd add another layer of delirium to the scenes. Catherine Zeta Jones sounds like a strong choice as well, but Rachel Weisz just feels right for the part.

I think Madeleine Stowe could play a great Madame Masque. She already plays the ruthless matriarch of the Grayson family in Revenge, and would make an excellent villainness. However, she can also generate enough sympathy to not seem like a completely two-dimensional villain. Plus she still looks great for her age even though she's 53, and since she'll be covered up in a mask most of the time it won't matter (not that she looks 53).

She'd definitely be better as Whitney Frost than Betty Ross (as some have suggested in the Hulk thread).

Personally I would like to see Lena Headey has Madame Masque.

Give it to an actress that is near Tony's age range a bit, not to young, old enough so you feel that the character has been through some stuff in her life.

Plus she isn't to scared of playing a badass women that can kick-ass. She has done it in the past.

Given nearly every superhero movie creates composite character, I say mix Madame Masque with other Iron Man villains.

Madam Masque + Count Nefaria + Super-Adaptoid = Female villain with all the powers of the Avengers.

ms. masque needs to wear lots of sexy outfits during the movie. But I wonder how the "masque" itself would be handled? Since she wears it basically all the time in the comics; such conceits are rarely allowed to stand as-is in the movies..

ms. masque needs to wear lots of sexy outfits during the movie. But I wonder how the "masque" itself would be handled? Since she wears it basically all the time in the comics; such conceits are rarely allowed to stand as-is in the movies..

Have her do a Darkman/Mission Impossible for some of the time with a false face that covers up her own messed up one and then the rest of the time when she wants her skin to have a chance to breathe she wears the classic mask.

The thing about Masque is that it's almost as if she was a Batman villain. She'd fit right at home in his rogue's gallery.

Personally I would like to see Lena Headey has Madame Masque.

Give it to an actress that is near Tony's age range a bit, not to young, old enough so you feel that the character has been through some stuff in her life.

Plus she isn't to scared of playing a badass women that can kick-ass. She has done it in the past.

I really like that choice. :up:

I'd like to see Madame Masque in a future film. It would be refreshing to have a female villain for a change.

I wonder how the Showdown Iron Man vs Madame Masque would look like in another Iron Man Movie...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"