The Marvel Select Love Thread

Goldenage Batman

More Hated then Feared
Reaction score
That Juggernaut is awesome! I like when Juggy is done in a larger than life way. That's why I prefer ML Juggs to the recent Spider-Man Classics Juggs. The Spider-Man one was just too small for me. Yes, more realistic, but I prefer HUGE Juggs. :hehe:

The only real complaint I have about Marvel Select is they are out of scale with the Legends. It works for some of the figures, like Mephisto, Thanos and the Watcher, but not on others like She Hulk, Logan or the new Iron Man & War Machine. That, and the articulation isn't that great. It works, but there could always be more.

The only MS figures I bought are the Green Goblin with the tied up Peter Parker, which I still have in box, The Skrulls 3 pack (which does fit in with the Legends), and the Mighty Thor. That Thor is all kinds of cool! He towers over my other Legends, but being the God of Thunder that he is, he should be bigger than everyone else.

But yes, all in all, Marvel Select is way cool.

Yeah I love it too man,I already pre-ordered it;)

See I never did find the ML Juggs:(....but I did get the SMC one and I did not like all that much...it just never looked right when I put him next to the other Brotherhood Members(to small)...it's really no wonder I got rid of it as quickly as I got it....

I have The Movie Iron Man 2 figures as well as the XMO Wolverine figure(really not that bad a looking fig)....as well as Unmasked Brown Wolverine, Yellow Wolverine, Emma Frost(love this figure can't stress enough about it), both Marvel Girls, Ultimate Wolverine, and Sabretooth....

I have Ultimate Venom(With the spider on the chest.),Moon Knight,Thanos and Mephisto.Mephisto and Thanos I got because I knew we wouldn't get them in legends.Moon Knight and Venom because they are two of my favorite characters.I've thought about getting Green Goblin with Parker and Symboite Spider-man but have never actively looked for them.

Well so far for the future MS figures coming out this summer and fall we have Cyclops(X-Factor var), Deadpool(No-Masked var), Magneto(No-Helmet var), The Thing, and Juggernaut(Sans-Helmet var).....

I liked the Deadpool and the Thing looked awesome too. Now if they were in scale with Legends, I'd grab 'em up in a minute.

neh....in scale doesn't really matter much to me as long as the figure itself is awesome... I mean I have all kinds of DC Direct Batman figures and it doesn't matter to me if they all aren't the same size...

I might end up getting the Deadpool and displaying next to Moon Knight.If that happens I might buy a Spider-man too so I have my 3 favorite Marvel characters together.

BTW people don't be shy about showing off your Marvel Select figures...pictures are more than welcome on this thread....

shiackeez! im going to have to get that juggernaut.. he looks way better then my ML juggernaut.

That Juggernaut is awesome! I like when Juggy is done in a larger than life way. That's why I prefer ML Juggs to the recent Spider-Man Classics Juggs. The Spider-Man one was just too small for me. Yes, more realistic, but I prefer HUGE Juggs. :hehe:

The only real complaint I have about Marvel Select is they are out of scale with the Legends. It works for some of the figures, like Mephisto, Thanos and the Watcher, but not on others like She Hulk, Logan or the new Iron Man & War Machine. That, and the articulation isn't that great. It works, but there could always be more.

The only MS figures I bought are the Green Goblin with the tied up Peter Parker, which I still have in box, The Skrulls 3 pack (which does fit in with the Legends), and the Mighty Thor. That Thor is all kinds of cool! He towers over my other Legends, but being the God of Thunder that he is, he should be bigger than everyone else.

But yes, all in all, Marvel Select is way cool.

actually the MS she-hulk fits very much in scale.. i used her for quite a while in my collection until the ML one came out.

the MS figs that fit very well with ML's are...

-Mephisto
-Watcher
-Cloak/Dagger
-She-Hulk
-Hulk
-Red Hulk
-Skrulls/Brood
-Thanos
-Anti-Venom
-Thing (depending on how you like him)
-Dr. Doom
-Juggernaut (he looks like he will fit very well)
-Abomination
-Modern Thor

some characters may just be a teenie teenie bit off... but even those ones (like dagger) are the same size as earlier marvel legends... Dagger for instance is in scale with phoenix, rogue, black cat, electra... but not with Emma frost, mystique, etc... so some figs really depend on who you pair them with. But yes.. all the figs i listed can easily be used with marvel legends.

Also a huge reason i will buy even the most random MS figs are because of there bases.. which in some cases fit way better with Legends then the MS fig...

I personally use the bases of the following figures
-Marvel Girl (jean)
-Marvel Girl (rachel)
-Symbiote Spider-man
-Dr. Doom
-Phoenix
-Ghost Rider

and i will be getting 2 Cyclops's just for his danger room base. pairing 2 together will create a perfect half danger room for a shelf.

and i will be getting 2 Cyclops's just for his danger room base. pairing 2 together will create a perfect half danger room for a shelf.

yeah, 2 of those bases will make a nice "Danger Corner." Can't wait to see it, bro.

BTW people don't be shy about showing off your Marvel Select figures...pictures are more than welcome on this thread....

Only because you asked....

100_0744.jpg

I love this Thor. Classic outfit or not, he's so awesome. Better than ML3 Thor, ML Walmart Exclusive Thor, and definitely better than HML King Thor. In fact, show me a better looking Thor figure. You can't. Know why? because one doesn't exist!

yea, i'm pretty sure i'm going to place all my X-men in the glass ikea display case i got... that way i can also clear up room in my closet. we shall see.

Same size? You sure? I though MS Thor was bigger.

Same size? You sure? I though MS Thor was bigger.

nope. there the same size (or extremely close). Early ML's figs had a larger scale then latter figs..

hell place Ghostrider, Thor, Magneto, Wolverine, ML4 Elektra, Toad, Phoenix, etc... next to Emma Frost, Mystique, 2 pack Elektra, X-men Classics Cyclops, etc... and you will see what i mean.

legends shrunk a smidge as time progressed. and it was happening under toybiz.

hell compare Giant Man thor vs ML3 thor and you will see what i mean

any more rumors about there being another army builder pack? A rumor was going around saying they were going to do a Aim/Shield pack... which i guess Shield would be something else now since we have shield packs... so what would you want?

I'd want AIM agents and any of these

-HAMMER Agents
-Doombots
-Phalanx
-Hammer Drones
-Shi'ar warriors
-moloids

and on that note... there's several characters i'd like to see Marvel Select do that'd be inscale with legends as well...

-Warlock
-the Warriors three
-Odin
-Hel
-Dormamu
-Strong Guy
-Titania
-Blastaar
-Firelord
-Terrax

You know Spidertoy I've heard that Aim/Shield rumors for awhile now... don't know if we'll ever see it though I sure hope we do...and Spider-Jay that Thor's so badass!!!....

it's spideyboy!!! get it right or pay the price!!!!! *glares*

oh... and i'd also really like Marvel Select to do Nimrod as well.... I think they could do a great job with him....

on an odd side note.... as i typed nimrod... my teacher whos instructing our class... said it as i typed it... ahh

I'd love some Doombots and maybe some AIM soldiers.

Odin and the Warriors 3 would be so sweet.

I def want aim soldiers for Modok. but im sorta iffy on doombots.. i'm fine with the 2 doom replica bots i have.. but sure, i'd take them if they made them.

also, a while back when we had the comic-con exclusive fan poll, where She-Hulk won... the other options were for...

Sandman, Thanos, "DoFP" Wolverine and New X-Men Beast... 2 of those have been made.. i wonder if Beast and Sandman will ever be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"