World The Mary Jane Appreciation Thread.

tumblr_nhxrugL5M21tntm5bo1_540.jpg
That's how I will view her, as Peter's wife.

Mary Jane has already had more Iron Man covers than she had appearances in ASM volume 3.

tumblr_o27moycIYi1tntm5bo1_540.jpg

^ Good or bad?

I hope for a reunion between Peter and MJ as in my opinion, I believe they should be together. That said, I look forward to more appearances from her in Invincible. Though still early, I really like how Bendis has handled her and I think it's great that it seems to be that she'll play an important role in the future. She deserves as much. Spider-Man is making a debut into the Invincible series starting with issue #8...so, maybe he'll reconnect with MJ...

On a downside, I am not a huge fan of Deodato's work. He's a great artist no doubt--I just don't prefer his style. I was really into Marquez' art over the past 5 issues or so and thought his MJ looked fantastic.

tumblr_nuqmmnAAxo1ser9m9o1_1280-600x911.jpg

Ideally, I'd like for MJ to maintain a presence outside of ASM until the next Spider-Man writer takes over the comic. As a realist, I'm sure her time away from Spider-Man will be shorter than the Superior Spider-Man run.

Ideally, I'd like for MJ to maintain a presence outside of ASM until the next Spider-Man writer takes over the comic. As a realist, I'm sure her time away from Spider-Man will be shorter than the Superior Spider-Man run.

As much as it pains me to say this, I agree with you. Sometimes when things go awry or even ridiculous, in this case, it's best to take a break. I am not a fan at all with how things have been going in the newest incarnation of ASM. It's rather lame imo. I really want MJ and Peter back together and in the faintest glimmer of a hope, bring back the marriage. Again, just my opinion.

A break can be a good thing and maybe even the greatest of things though--I'm reminded of the 4 year break MJ was given from the ASM comic before Stern finally brought her back and then Defalco worked his magic. In all honesty, that 4 year break probably saved MJ from becoming a trap or even ending up wasted like how too much saturation can kill a character.

But...it does appear the break may not be as long as that one and probably shorter than the SSM run. Spidey will be making an appearance or several within the Invincible Iron Man comic and a reunion with MJ is most likely.

International Iron Man #1 Variant Cover By Gabriele Dell'Otto. Someone on Tumblr pointed out the Spidey pendant around MJ's neck.

tumblr_o2cuw4I1c51riacnfo1_r1_540.jpg

I saw that cover the other day...looks cool.

On another note, have you read ASM#12? It was horrid. Just painful.

I've seen a couple of the pages. I'm pretty much done with Slott's Spider-Man.

Same here. This last issue was just awful. Not only the writing, the art for MJ was absurd. Probably some of the worst MJ art since Larsen. Which is odd cause normally I enjoy Camuncoli's art. I'm just glad I'm not spending any money on Slott's run.

I saw that cover the other day...looks cool.

On another note, have you read ASM#12? It was horrid. Just painful.

How bad was it? Like Michael Bay Transformer bad or a different kind of bad?

^ Love that YT vid. I've had it saved in my 'likes' for months now. That same YT user has a couple more Peter/MJ videos that are just as good.

The makeup is too much but I like the rest.:cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"