Sequels If this isn't Mary Jane Watson then I'm blind

Well, Lindsay Lohan is a NATURAL redhead unlike Kirsten Dunst, so that would give her more reason to be MJ. I think that Dunst has said that she doesn't want to do anymore flicks after #3, so maybe since Lohan will be older by than she would be able to assume the role. However, the most logical solution would have been starting the series off with Dunst as Gwen Stacy (a real blonde, like she is), who actually got killed by the Green Goblin. Than they could have had Bryce Dallas Howard, a real redhead, to play MJ so she wouldn't have to dye her hair blonde to be Stacy.

she does have the redhead advantage over Dunst, but, she is way to young, she was only 16 when they made the first movie. (she would of by to young for tobey to be doing kissing scene with lol) as much as I don't like Dunst as MJ, I hate recast (in movie sequels) much more, so I am sticking with her to the end... although, I wouldn't mind a new take after they finish up the next couple of movie, a totally new cast for a spin off. I could maybe see Lohan if they started a new ultimate Spidey movie series with a younger cast.

Last edited:
Spider-Fan83 said:
she does have the redhead advantage over Dunst, but, she is way to young, she was only 16 when they made the first movie. (she would of by to young for tobey to be doing kissing scene with lol) as much as I don't like Dunst as MJ, I hate recast (in movie sequels) much more, so I am sticking with her to the end... although, I wouldn't mind a new take after they finish up the next couple of movie, a totally new cast for a spin off. I could maybe see Lohan if they started a new ultimate Spidey movie series with a younger cast.

Lohan in 2002 as age 16

Dude... she's 22/23 if SM4 films 2/1/2 years from now... Dunst is like 23 right now... that's some difference... as long as the looks don't fade like it is with Dunst and if she's got some talent... BINGO... you got your MJ for 4/6...

FaT_tONle said:
Dude... she's 22/23 if SM4 films 2/1/2 years from now... Dunst is like 23 right now... that's some difference... as long as the looks don't fade like it is with Dunst and if she's got some talent... BINGO... you got your MJ for 4/6...

ya, and tobey is like 31-32 lol
lohans is only 4 years younger then dunst, its not a huge different no. but my main point of not going with her is not liking the idea of a recast.
BTW: lohan is not even 20 yet

This thread is an afront on good taste.

Lohan isn't hot anymore......atleast.......I don't think so......unless she's had sme makeover recently....I dunno....

Anyway, if she was any skinnier...she wouldn't exist....

There will probably be more Spider-Man flicks in the distant future after #3, so like I said, by than Lohan will be older and probably more mature for a role like MJ. Still, she has the looks and personality that fit well. Dunst is a good actress, but people are right that she was terribly miscast. Again, she should have been Gwen Stacy in the first one and MJ needed to be introduced later in the series.
If any installments ever come out about an older Spidey or Spider-Girl, either Marcia Cross or Julianne Moore could be the elder MJ. Of course, this is all coming from a guy known as a "redophile," who has an emotional attachment or attraction to redheads. I'm also the same age as Lohan, so there.

maxmccumber said:
There will probably be more Spider-Man flicks in the distant future after #3, so like I said, by than Lohan will be older and probably more mature for a role like MJ. Still, she has the looks and personality that fit well. Dunst is a good actress, but people are right that she was terribly miscast. Again, she should have been Gwen Stacy in the first one and MJ needed to be introduced later in the series.
If any installments ever come out about an older Spidey or Spider-Girl, either Marcia Cross or Julianne Moore could be the elder MJ. Of course, this is all coming from a guy known as a "redophile," who has an emotional attachment or attraction to redheads. I'm also the same age as Lohan, so there.

Lemme have what you are smoking right now... i'm begging you...

i dont think lohan could really play MJ.
she's got the look, sure, but i don't know if she could pull off the whole MJ thing...shes a good actress, but i'll stick with kirsten dunst.
and she is way to young and to skinny for the role.

Ludachris333 said:
i dont think lohan could really play MJ.
she's got the look, sure, but i don't know if she could pull off the whole MJ thing...shes a good actress, but i'll stick with kirsten dunst.
and she is way to young and to skinny for the role.

Good actress and Lohan in the same sentence, there's something you don't see every day.

If Dunst is planning to stop filming in spiderman movies, then they sould kill MJ, I cant see anyone else playing MJ, and I wouldnt anyway.

Aren said:
If Dunst is planning to stop filming in spiderman movies, then they sould kill MJ, I cant see anyone else playing MJ, and I wouldnt anyway.
exactly:)

I read a post or two in this thread. Now allow me to reply as a pro-lohan fan. Well she's the perfect mj look alike when she actually eats...and can act well enough for me. so I know she'd be a good, maybe great MJ in the next spidey trilogy or redo if they continue the series like I'm pretty sure they'll do. It'd be like burning money to just stop.

I read these "she's not a good actress" posts and these "trashy, let's her boobs hang out. the tabloids say so." posts and I'm still unmoved in my position that she'd work in the role. Dunst hasn't wowed me with anything she's done as MJ overall(just so you know I'm not a 'hater' or 'nitpicker' or any one of those labels, I love how she said "go get 'em tiger' it was perfect.) and I get the feeling she's bored with the role. (don't think I hate her. I don't, but I think she's not the best she could be. Or the best choice for MJ ever.) It really isn't that challenging either. All she's done so far is look pretty, cry about daddy and mommy, kiss spidey, and play the old damsel in distress, pour on the melodrama... I could do it; and am I the only one who thinks she has 0 chemistry with tobey (every scene between them makes me feel uncomfortable).. not like he has with betty anyway or even chocolate cake girl. also, Is a spider-man movie such high class art that it needs an actress who's won a bunch of awards? Get outta here... no way, not these movies. Lohan can easily play her with little effort since she's so much like MJ anyway. It all fits nice and clearly to me that she's born for the part and I hope she can do it if they pull a batman begins and redo these sacred flawless spidey movies, or if they must... find a new cast for sequels. please... give lohan a chance. I'd also like to say, let MJ be replaced by gwen stacy in spider-man 3 because gwen is so unbelievably gorgeous.

thanks for your time. Sony, you know what to do.
bscap13872cw.jpg
no
Lindsay_Lohan_cartier_splashnews.jpg
yes

no offense but i dont think lindsey lohan could be MJ. shes ok just not in superhero movies. definitly not as mary jane. and as i said in a post about rachel mcadams (who i actually think would make a good mj), i would be concerned with changing up actors mid-series.

***its not that i dont think she could play MJ. but with her image, she doesnt seem like MJ or even really look like MJ to me any more than kirsten does.

Jean Grey is the coolest!:xmen:

I think after watching both Mean Girls and Prarie Home Companion, Lohan does have discernable acting skills, but they can always be improved upon.

I dug up this thread in light of the reboot; the proposal STILL makes me laugh.

yeah.... lohan of today is like a whole nother person then lohan of then....

Acting skills or not, Lindsay Lohan looks like she's 60. Drugs will do that to a person.

Also, if the deck is stacked in Satan's favor and Lohan becomes our next MJ, then I won't be seeing the reboot. She annoys me THAT much.

Lol, oh crap, I remember this thread.....wow, funny how 5 years can drastically change a person, eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"