World The Mary Jane Appreciation Thread.

5li8m6a.jpg

Marvel Knights Spider-man #12

I realize that when artists for comics or fans draw women, it's about male fantasy. But when I see such overblown exaggerated pictures like this, it doesn't do anything for me except make me laugh.

I realize that when artists for comics or fans draw women, it's about male fantasy. But when I see such overblown exaggerated pictures like this, it doesn't do anything for me except make me laugh.

You mean most woman don't look like that lol

Edge of Spider-verse #2 preview:

Spider-Gwen is the drummer in a band called The Mary Janes. :woot:

Edge_of_Spider-Verse_2_Preview_1.jpg

tumblr_inline_nkb34xEbEl1qdh95l.jpg

tumblr_inline_nkb3dq42zb1qdh95l.jpg

suffice it to say i have no interest in supporting a book that’s supposedly about making right by a character that has been treated badly in comics history, but that turns around and does the exact same thing they’re “avenging” to another character.
http://maryjanewtson.tumblr.com/post/112009443183/spider-gwen-1-spoilers-re-mary-jane

How disappointing.

For decades, MJ has been Spidey's partner in crime-fighting, acting as both a supporting and lead character in hundreds of comics. But Mary Jane's importance and independence has eclipsed her love interest role; her perseverance and determination—not to mention her vivacious attitude—have made her a fascinating character to relate to and root for.

Marvel giving props to MJ.

http://marvel.com/cards/67/happy_50th_birthday_mary_jane/all

Don't think this has been posted.
OiEtPG3.jpg

Man, I'm so glad that Peter ended up getting a happy ending (of sorts) in the Ultimate universe. I was excited to see Miles Morales be introduced into the comics, but it hurt to see how MJ, May and Gwen all reacted to Peter's death at the time.

Meanwhile the folks in charge at Marvel Comics think that she's a weak, annoying character that gets in the way of good story-telling... :cmad:

It's stuff like this that makes me love MJ as a character so much. She's not just Peter's love interest; she's the best friend that he's ever had and she's far more emotionally complex and brave than people like Dan Slott or Joe Quesada give her credit for.

Meanwhile the folks in charge at Marvel Comics think that she's a weak, annoying character that gets in the way of good story-telling... :cmad:

It's stuff like this that makes me love MJ as a character so much. She's not just Peter's love interest; she's the best friend that he's ever had and she's far more emotionally complex and brave than people like Dan Slott or Joe Quesada give her credit for.

Dan Slott and Joe Quesada don't know what an emotionally complex character is.

Dan Slott and Joe Quesada don't know what an emotionally complex character is.

That's the long and short of it, really. Shame they decided that they wanted to write for Spider-Man of all people. :cmad:

I really hope we get to see how complex and awesome a character MJ is in the new films. I think that should be doable, considering how they're aiming for a more John Hughes approach to the series. Have some introspective moments from time to time, a la Breakfast Club. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"