Homecoming The Mary-Jane Casting Poll - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody brought up Sasha Pieterse? She's not been in anything for awhile, so I don't know if she'll be good, but she looks the part and can act MJ-ish from what I saw in the Burning Bhodi trailer.

latest

don't know who she is. but I could see her in the role.

is she around Tom's age?

I remember watching that show she was in and I thought in real life she was like 25-28 but she's only 20 !

Has anybody brought up Sasha Pieterse? She's not been in anything for awhile, so I don't know if she'll be good, but she looks the part and can act MJ-ish from what I saw in the Burning Bhodi trailer.

latest

She doesn't look like that anymore, she has a thyroid problem and takes medication, so now her weight has fluctuated, and she's gotten bigger.

Sasha-Pieterse:-Winter-TCA-Tour-Portraits-2016--03-300x420.jpg

As you can tell her face is fuller, just google Sasha Pierterse 2016 for recent pics.

Vampire Academy is a cheap mess of a movie but I liked Deutch in it.

She doesn't look like that anymore, she has a thyroid problem and takes medication, so now her weight has fluctuated, and she's gotten bigger.

Sasha-Pieterse:-Winter-TCA-Tour-Portraits-2016--03-300x420.jpg

As you can tell her face is fuller, just google Sasha Pierterse 2016 for recent pics.
Okay... was that supposed to put her out of the running the five pounds and diffrent camera angle from one pic to the other?

Zoey Deutch

zoey-deutch-why-him-casting1.jpg

She looks older than Tom and she doesn't really seem very happy-go-lucky to me. She generally has a little bit of a bad girl look too. She might work as the mean girl in school.

Okay... was that supposed to put her out of the running the five pounds and diffrent camera angle from one pic to the other?

She has gained more than 5 pounds, her face is fuller, her waist is bigger, and her arms are bigger too; a Google search would tell you that. My comment about her weight is solely based on the fact that her weight would be the sole reason why Hollywood (and that of course includes Marvel) wouldn't hire her. I didn't put all of that in my original post b/c I didn't think people would like someone bringing up "politics" or rather "policies" that Hollywood upholds.

Fancasts tend to be very shallow, or to put it nicely, very physically visual, in which case OP might not know what Sasha looks like now, so I just made an impulsive post to the Sasha suggestion when I saw that the OP had used an old pic.

I know Sasha is a great actress, and landed her Pretty Little Liars role when she was just 13, she's been acting against actors who were older than her for a long time, and although she's a great young actress --she can play a real good *****--, in this industry her weight will hold her back.

I also know she's been working out after getting harassed and made fun on online for the weight gain, it shouldn't even be an issue especially when it's medical, but it is, not only with anonymous beings online, but also with Hollywood, the industry she has a career in.

So yeah, my response didn't hold any malice, it was just blunt and vague.

Last edited:
I get what you're trying to say but she looks the same size as Elizabeth Olsen if a bit heavier. She would be fine...

Moving on why has no one mentioned India Eisley?
beautiful-india-eisley-1.jpg

She looks older than Tom and she doesn't really seem very happy-go-lucky to me. She generally has a little bit of a bad girl look too. She might work as the mean girl in school.

Because she is older. Watch an interview with her, she's pretty happy go lucky and it's called acting in the first place. So, Sally Avril? Gotcha :o

I get what you're trying to say but she looks the same size as Elizabeth Olsen if a bit heavier. She would be fine...

Probably cause she is unknown. But she looks a part. And she is totally out of left field casting, so I wouldnt be suprised we get someone like that for MJ.

I could get behind that!

What about Ella Purnell?
Ella-Purnell.jpg

She's got a nice smile:
EllaPurnellInProfile3.jpg
latest

She's also 19, Tom's age. The only problem is she can have that "awkward" look at certain angles...

We'll we have to disagree on that...

Zoey Deutch

zoey-deutch-why-him-casting1.jpg

I like her a lot, she would also make a good Betty Brant maybe.

It sucks tho, b/c I think her agent like Chloe Moretz is trying to build franchises around her, not let them be a part of another person's franchise if that makes sense.

I could get behind that!

What about Ella Purnell?
Ella-Purnell.jpg

She's also 19, Tom's age. The only problem is she can have that "awkward" look at certain angles...

She seems to be coming into her stride and racking up films.

I'm actually kinda digging Zoey Deutch as M.J. And like I said, I can get behind India Eisley :)

It must be easy to find a young & beautiful,confident looking girl in Hollywood. As long as they don't make her the girl next door type of Mary Jane, i'm okay with anybody.

I hope she would have a red hair though. It's classic now.

^^ the character needs to have red hair. but the actress doesn't necessarily need to have red hair.

though being a natural red head would be a plus.

If Zoey Deutch was cast I wouldn't be mad. She looks older than she is, but they could probably fix this. The actress definitely has a bubbly personality so her MJ would probably be fun :)

She could work.

Odeya Rush never gets much a mention nowadays

453543802.jpg

And she falls in the category of being "racially diverse"

If Zoey Deutch was cast I wouldn't be mad. She looks older than she is, but they could probably fix this. The actress definitely has a bubbly personality so her MJ would probably be fun :)

:up: I think she looks younger than 21, personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"