• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Matrix Resurrections

Alright so I was hanging with a mate and discussing this new film and how it could work and one idea I had was that after dying Neos code did some matrixy stuff and he put him self along with Trinity back in the matrix but it's wiped his memory. Trinity somehow figures this out first and she is now looking for him to get him to remember so he can do some sweet ass flips
Sounds too much like the first one, which would make the sequel pointless.

I'm dying to see stuff from this movie already. Really hope we get a teaser trailer and some details soon!

It's like this film isn't real. I kinda won't believe it's happening until we see a trailer. No idea what to expect from this but I'm going to enjoy a new Matrix film for the novelty alone.

I don't quite remember, was the idea of Neo being another iteration in the system null and void by the conclusion of the third movie?

If so, is that the way to bring Neo back?

Last edited:
That's a surprise casting!

I really hope we get something from this movie soon. A poster or an official still would be nice, it doesn't even have to be a trailer.

I don't quite remember, was the idea of Neo being another iteration in the system null and void by the conclusion of the third movie?

Yes. The Oracle said that Neo would be back someday. The time has come!

Did Neo actually die in Revolutions? I remember them carrying him away but it seemed kind of ambiguous if he was really dead or not.

What I’m more interested in knowing is how Trinity survived.

The cast for this is shaping up quite nicely.

However, we are 6 months away from the release and we have... nothing.

Where is the teaser trailer, poster - anything really?!

It's the 4th Matrix film - get your stuff together, WB and start promoting this! :argh:

I remember the teaser for The Matrix Reloaded was released a full year before its release with Attack of the Clones!

They'll probably release the first trailer with The Suicide Squad.

They'll probably release the first trailer with The Suicide Squad.

That will be 4 months until release - way too late to release first footage from such a big film.

Not gonna lie, if you smoke a little something and watch it, you’ll love it more. Or so I’ve heard.

But it’s a fun movie.

InsistentGroundedAfricanaugurbuzzard-small.thumb.gif.eebeb21601939853f49fc62051de5eb3.gif

Jessica Yu Li Henwick On Being Part Of The Matrix 4 – The British New Wave Issue

If her character remains unannounced – and details on what The Matrix 4 even is are currently scarce – Henwick teases that she’ll be very much involved in the series’ signature slow-mo fight sequences. “I haven’t seen a cut of the film, so I don’t know what’s in it and what isn’t, but I trained every day for months,” she tells Empire in The British New Wave issue. “There are a couple of cast members who didn’t have any physical stuff and they were so sad. How can you be in The Matrix and not get to do any of the good stuff?”

As for her own wishes, most of those were granted in a film that paid off a life-long dream. “I grew up thinking Matrix was the coolest thing ever,” she says. “Bullet-time, the multiple agents, the pills and the rabbit! When I signed on, I said the three things I want are a leather jacket, sunglasses and some wire work. I got two out of the three – I’ll leave you to guess which ones.”

That's a surprise casting!
I really hope we get something from this movie soon. A poster or an official still would be nice, it doesn't even have to be a trailer.

I need a taste so bad. There is definitely something to be said for secrecy and being conservative with the marketing, but we are 6 months away from a fourth Matrix film coming out and I feel like a lot of the world doesn't even know it's coming. That doesn't seem right either. It'd be nice to get some hype going where we actually have something to speculate about.

I mean, it's left kind of open to interpretation, but when Neo dies you see the machines taking away his body. Kind of like the final step of him reaching the source. Some saw that as a sign that somehow Neo's DNA (or "code") would be integral to the latest version of The Matrix, as the systemic anomaly being re-integrated was always part of the Matrix update process. I always kind of saw it like somehow, somehow Neo's essence was present in the new, more balanced system at the end. The Oracle's final remarks about seeing him again some day seemed to hint that a part of him had survived too.

Neo coming back as a program (even if we're meant to take it as his actual human consciousness was stored on a backup drive somewhere) seems like a likely path. However, if Neo has to actually wake up from a pod again and is fully back in the flesh in the same Keanu-form, then this movie will probably be significantly weirder than I even think it's going to be haha. Of course there's nothing to say the machines couldn't have backed up his DNA and re-created him...but it would beg even more questions, I think.

Yes. The Oracle said that Neo would be back someday. The time has come!

I mean, it's left kind of open to interpretation, but when Neo dies you see the machines taking away his body. Kind of like the final step of him reaching the source. Some saw that as a sign that somehow Neo's DNA (or "code") would be integral to the latest version of The Matrix, as the systemic anomaly being re-integrated was always part of the Matrix update process. I always kind of saw it like somehow, somehow Neo's essence was present in the new, more balanced system at the end. The Oracle's final remarks about seeing him again some day seemed to hint that a part of him had survived too.

Neo coming back as a program (even if we're meant to take it as his actual human consciousness was stored on a backup drive somewhere) seems like a likely path. However, if Neo has to actually wake up from a pod again and is fully back in the flesh in the same Keanu-form, then this movie will probably be significantly weirder than I even think it's going to be haha. Of course there's nothing to say the machines couldn't have backed up his DNA and re-created him...but it would beg even more questions, I think.

I guess I always interpreted him coming back in a less literal way. Like the sun rise was Neo, his actions would reverberate to others, you know? But it is indeed open to interpretation. But if Neo is the next iteration, doesn't that mean this Matrix is in its seventh iteration and it's the exact same conflict? Or was that undone in the third?

I guess I always interpreted him coming back in a less literal way. Like the sun rise was Neo, his actions would reverberate to others, you know? But it is indeed open to interpretation. But if Neo is the next iteration, doesn't that mean this Matrix is in its seventh iteration and it's the exact same conflict? Or was that undone in the third?

That's how I saw it too. I have no idea man. That's what's fueling my anticipation so much, I really have no clue what direction they're taking it in.

I would assume that this movie picks up still in the 7th version we saw at the end of Revolutions though, and there's been no new anomalies/system reboots in the intervening years.

That's how I saw it too. I have no idea man. That's what's fueling my anticipation so much, I really have no clue what direction they're taking it in.

I would assume that this movie picks up still in the 7th version we saw at the end of Revolutions though, and there's been no new anomalies/system reboots in the intervening years.

I haven't seen the sequels in years so I'm going off a loose memory.

But I am mighty curious to see what Lana has in store. Going off the Wachowski's track record, I can't imagine she would do the same thing. I want to see them push things further and build on the world like the sequels did but I just hope it is well executed like the first movie. I really hope we're not getting a back to basics Matrix movie that's just like the first film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"