The Movie Critic - Tarantino’s Next/Last(?)

Yup. Plemons is the first name that came to mind. It makes sense.

The other two are Teller and Efron. He also spoke really highly of Pine on a recent podcast. Pine can still pull it off.

Speaking of Tarantino…

Yup. Plemons is the first name that came to mind. It makes sense.

The other two are Teller and Efron. He also spoke really highly of Pine on a recent podcast. Pine can still pull it off.
I want Plemons in everything.

39b1afb99e8bc24d49d9805f31a102364ede1fff.gifv
Pattinson and Plemmons would be very different takes but both could be really terrific w/Tarantino.

Someone on Twitter also mentioned Michael Cera, which would be a big swing and not necessarily in line with Tarantino's past casting, but now I really want to see Cera in a Tarantino flick.

I want Plemons in everything.

Yeah, I think the lead is either Plemons or Adam Driver. Quentin loved Top Gun Maverick, so Teller is still in third. I base this on nothing. lawd.

Now, I'd be over the moon with Christopher Abbott. To me, he is our modern-like Keaton.

Rumors that it's Benny Safdie. I could see it.

Rumors that it's Benny Safdie. I could see it.
Supporting role, maybe. It’s hard for me to picture QT going with that (relatively) unknown of a screen presence after a couple decades of Leo/Pitt/Jamie Foxx/etc. being his leads.

That would be disappointing.

Supporting role ala Eli Roth, but not lead lol

Benny Safdie is actually a pretty great actor, unlike Roth.

He just doesn’t really have the presence though for the lead of a Tarantino movie. At least from what I’ve seen of him.

according to Schrader. “Quentin [Tarantino] — this may have changed — but about a month ago he was making a film, had something to do with filmmaking in the ’70s. And part of this, he’s going to use clips from movies from the ’70s, but he’s also gonna remake movies from the ’70s. And he asked me, ‘Can I redo the ending of “Rollling Thunder?”’ And I said, ‘Yeah, go for it. I’d love to see you redo the ending of “Rolling Thunder.”’ Who knows whether he actually will or not. But it was something that was tickling his imagination in a very Tarantino-esque way.”

according to Schrader. “Quentin [Tarantino] — this may have changed — but about a month ago he was making a film, had something to do with filmmaking in the ’70s. And part of this, he’s going to use clips from movies from the ’70s, but he’s also gonna remake movies from the ’70s. And he asked me, ‘Can I redo the ending of “Rollling Thunder?”’ And I said, ‘Yeah, go for it. I’d love to see you redo the ending of “Rolling Thunder.”’ Who knows whether he actually will or not. But it was something that was tickling his imagination in a very Tarantino-esque way.”

lol

Reminds me of this

Also, it seems like Quentin had been writing as said character for a while now. From another site.

Weird theory here. But this might be a character Quentin created while writing Cinema Speculation. His recent Grindhouse reviews on the New Bev website are co-authored by James Sheldon/Jim Sheldon and some of them are just flat out written by Jim Sheldon. Sounds like a Quentin creation. Roger saying very little on the topic of "Jim Sheldon" and his publication and lack of footprint seems very telling.

I've seen that already. :o

I’m so pissed I can never seem to find the clip of Perd reviewing Blue Velvet and saying he loved it because it reminded him so much of his own life.

That honestly feels like something Tarantino would say.

Paul Walter Hauser is in his Philip Seymour Hoffman/John Candy era.

It recently hit me that QT has never worked with Nicolas Cage. Gotta rectify that with this one IMO.

I still really want Gary Oldman to work with QT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"